Welcome to our site, GameCritics.com. We maintain GameCritics.com as a service to our visitors. By using our site,
following terms carefully. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not review information
1. Acceptance of Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms
of Use Agreement (“Agreement”) with respect to our site, GameCritics.com (the “Site”). This Agreement
constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or
contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with
respect to the Site, the content, products or services provided by or through the Site, and
the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended at any time by us
from time to time without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on
the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
2. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, code, compilation, magnetic
translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under
applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to
intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of
any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4, is strictly
prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other
materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site
does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
3. Trademarks. GameCritics.com is a trademark of GameCritics.com.
Product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
4. Limited Right to Use. The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic,
form or document from the Site grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use
solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution,
assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any
content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any
information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use
(but not for resale or redistribution).
5. Unlawful and Prohibited Use. You warrant to the Company that you will not use this Web site for any purpose
that is unlawful or prohibited by the terms, conditions or notices in this
Agreement and on this Web site.
6. Prohibited Activities. You agree to not use the Site to:
- Post or otherwise transmit any communication or material that is unlawful,
harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of
another's privacy, disruptive to the site, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of
any communication transmitted through the Web site;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising,
promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes,"
or any other form of solicitation except as otherwise expressly authorized by the
- Disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Web site or any servers or networks
connected to the Web site service;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
6. Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit, move or
delete any documents, information or other content appearing or submitted to the Site.
7. Endorsement. GameCritics.com does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on discussion forums, Public Opinion reviews, or otherwise contained in or available through this site. Any content or messages posted on the Site or submitted by users are the views of the author and do not represent the views of GameCritics.com.
The owners of GameCritics.com or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will not be held responsible for the content of any messages posted by its members.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys,
staff and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss,
claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this
Agreement or use of the Site.
9. Termination of Service. GameCritics.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your account and access to the Site at any time and for any reason we deem appropriate in the event of any conduct by your which GameCritics.com considers to be unacceptable or in the event of any breach by you of this agreement. GameCritics.com may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Site at any time, without prior notice or liability.
10. Nontransferable. Your right to use the Site is not transferable. Any password or right
given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
11. Disclaimer and Limits. THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE
PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES
MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE
AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR
YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT
AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT
LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF
PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF
CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE),
PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET
FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE
BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION
WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR
INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM
US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY,
REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS
ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY
VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING THE
FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU
FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY
KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE.
12. Use of Information. We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to the use and
assignment of all information regarding Site uses by you and all information provided by
12. Use of Messages. By posting messages in our forums or engaging in other communication to the Site,
you grant GameCritics.com a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive,
royalty-free license to use, download, copy, reproduce, modify,
distribute, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, license, display, perform, adapt and
otherwise exploit such communication in all media now known or hereafter
devised. You represent and warrant that you are
authorized to grant all rights set forth in the preceding sentence.
You waive all rights to any claim against GameCritics.com for any alleged
or actual infringement of any proprietary, privacy, publicity, moral or attribution
rights in connection with such communication.
13. Third-Party Services. We allow access to or advertise third-party merchant sites
(“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand
that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants.
Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and
customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and
Merchants. You agree that use of such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR
OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE,
MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO
CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE
TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY
INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE
LINKED TO OUR SITE.
14. Third-Party Merchant Policies. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and
operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on such sites. We are not
responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are
independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or
commitments on behalf of the other.
16. Securities Laws. This Site may include statements concerning our operations, prospects,
strategies, financial condition, future economic performance and demand for our products
or services, as well as our intentions, plans and objectives, that are forward-looking
statements. These statements are based upon a number of assumptions and estimates
which are subject to significant uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control.
When used on our Site, words like “anticipates,” “expects,” “believes,” “estimates,”
“seeks,” “plans,” “intends” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking
statements designed to fall within securities law safe harbors for forward-looking
statements. The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or
a solicitation of an offer for sale of any securities. None of the information contained
herein is intended to be, and shall not be deemed to be, incorporated into any of our
securities-related filings or documents.
17. Links to Other Web Sites. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not
responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such
Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us.
Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of
the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party
sites, you do so at your own risk.
18. Information and Press Releases. The Site contains information and press releases about
us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we
disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases.
Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise,
should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
18. Relationship. You acknowledge and agree that communications and transmission to and from
the GameCritics.com are not confidential. There is no confidential, fiduciary,
contractually implied or other relationship created between you and GameCritics.com
other than as stated in this Agreement. You agree that no joint venture,
partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and the
GameCritics.com as a result of this Agreement or use of this Web site.
19. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and
performed in Queens, New York, and shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law
principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information,
products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause
of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the
limitations set forth in Section 8 and Section 10. The language in this Agreement shall be
interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal
proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in
Queens, New York. You expressly submit to the
exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consents to extra-territorial service of process.
Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be
construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full
force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or
inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to
enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision
nor of the right to enforce such provision.