Expected release date: September 25, 2007
Hyped features from publisher:
- Next-generation experiences. With the power of Xbox 360, "Halo 3" raises the bar on the next-generation gameplay experience with nonstop action, an incredible story, massive battles and visually stunning worlds.
- Stunning single-player action. Epic and compelling storytelling is on a scale never before seen in interactive entertainment, with new weapons, characters and challenges. Gamers can experience Master Chief's greatest battle as he transcends greatness and becomes a legend.
- Enhanced Xbox LIVE multiplayer capability. Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, "Halo 3" builds upon the unique social multiplayer experience of "Halo 2" and promises to enhance the innovative and evolving online gameplay of "Halo 2" on Xbox LIVE*.
- Evolution of a blockbuster. Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360, "Halo 3" will expand on everything that has made the "Halo" franchise great and will add a wealth of technical advancements.
- Next-generation, high-definition visuals. Presented in stunning high-definition, the well-known "Halo" universe will appear as it's never been seen before. State-of-the-art high dynamic range (HDR) lighting makes every scene look and feel like the real thing, from terrifying gloom to dazzling sunshine, adding more detail to every weapon, more texture to every character and more realism to every battle.
- Enhanced AI. Countless foes, each with their own distinct personality, strategy and fighting style, make for better encounters and more replay value, which will culminate in larger-scale combat than previously witnessed on the "Halo" battlefield.
- Split-screen support. Staying true to the original games, "Halo 3" will support four-player split-screen and system-link gameplay, letting gamers battle it out online, via Xbox LIVE or with a group of friends in their own living rooms*.
- In-depth statistic tracking and standings. Made famous as a key component of the renowned "Halo 2" multiplayer experience, Bungie.net will continue to offer innovations in ways that gamers track their progress as they view their rankings and stats in real time.
- Fully positional Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Duck as a rocket sizzles overhead. Take action as the footsteps of a Covenant adversary echo in the distance. Every sound in "Halo 3" is fully positional, bringing the world of "Halo" to an even more vivid level of realism.
- Saved films. Record and save a memorable match and watch it over and over again from any angle or player viewpoint. A simple press of a button saves the entire game to a file sharing area where players can watch favorite films and recommend them to friends.
- File sharing. Create and customize a variety of content that can be shared with anyone around the world who is connected to Xbox LIVE. Edit custom game types, saved films and screenshots and upload them, or check out films, game types, screenshots and more that are recommended by Bungie Studios.