About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 05-24-2005, 09:02 PM   #616
gamingguy
God of games

Send a message via AIM to gamingguy
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Great game, great game...
Berzerker sucks though. Stick with Asteroth.

Yeah I'm hung like planet Pluto hard to see with the naked eye
But if I crashed into Uranus I would stick it where the sun don't shine
'Cause I'm kind of like Han Solo always strokin' my own Wookiee
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me
Cookie
Looks like a stalemate to me
gamingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #617
ferrarimanf355
Reborn Simpsons Fan

Rep Power: 14 ferrarimanf355 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via MSN to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via Yahoo to ferrarimanf355

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingguy
Great game, great game...
Berzerker sucks though. Stick with Asteroth.
I'm more of a Talim guy myself.
ferrarimanf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:11 PM   #618
gamingguy
God of games

She's who I use most of the time, and her Soul Calibur is awesome, but Yoshimitsu with Zantezuken is kick-ass, and my brother rocks with him. Yunsung and Kilik's weapons are so long that they rock, Ivy is awesome, and Voldo is just wierd. Mitsurugi's final weapon makes you unable to block, but you do 175% damage, and have more defense and Nightmare is sweet. Man, I could go on. And Raphiel...

Cookie
Old 05-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #619
ferrarimanf355
Reborn Simpsons Fan

Rep Power: 14 ferrarimanf355 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via MSN to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via Yahoo to ferrarimanf355

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingguy
She's who I use most of the time, and her Soul Calibur is awesome, but Yoshimitsu with Zantezuken is kick-ass, and my brother rocks with him. Yunsung and Kilik's weapons are so long that they rock, Ivy is awesome, and Voldo is just wierd. Mitsurugi's final weapon makes you unable to block, but you do 175% damage, and have more defense and Nightmare is sweet. Man, I could go on. And Raphiel...
I thought that Raphael was okay move-wise, but he looked too flaming (as in gay) to me. At least the concept art of him in SCIII give him a bad ass look.
Besides Talim, I tend to use Seung Mina a lot, and a little Taki and Cassandra here and there.
ferrarimanf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:05 AM   #620
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

So I beat Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in the World of Illusion for Genesis the other night with a friend who doesn't even normally play games. Someone should rip this game off. If you play one player as Mickey, it's one type of experience. If you play as Donald, it's another. If you play 2-player, it's something completely cool and different. This game deserves classic status.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #621
Tim Spaeth
Ready to Believe You

Finished Lego Star Wars and unlocked everything. This is BY FAR the best prequel-era game, and it easily makes the top ten Star Wars games of all time. Why?

- It doesn't take itself seriously, at all, which is such a refreshing change of pace. It puts the fun back in Star Wars, which has been totally lacking from the prequel games, and a good portion of the prequel films, too.

- It's terribly clever. Using the force to rearrange Lego blocks never, ever gets old, and the levels just keep one-upping themselves with new and different block arrangements.

- When you finish a level, you can replay it with any of the characters you've unlocked, which opens up all sorts of new areas. I can have Darth Maul fight Anakin at the end of Episode III, or run General Grievous through the Trade Federation Battleship at the start of Episode I. Each of the characters has signature moves, so Jango Fett can use his Jetpack, Padme can shoot a grappling hook. Even the signature lightsaber techniques are there -- Obi-Wan's style is distinctive from Mace Windu's which is distinctive from the Emperor's. And Yoda...oh Yoda I love you.

- Speaking of the characters, in between levels you hang out at Dex's Diner from Episode II (it's basically the world hub). When you walk outside of the diner, all your unlocked characters are there walking around. If two characters that are enemies pass each other, they'll start fighting. So Maul might happen to walk past Yoda, and they'll start a lightsaber duel. Too cool.

- Finally, as a guy who collects Star Wars Legos (the actual toys - I have like 80 of the sets), the attention to detail is astounding. The game recreates the models and the minifigs in exacting detail.

Highly recommended, obviously. 9 out of 10.
Tim Spaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #622
FidgetyAcolyte
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to FidgetyAcolyte

Just finished Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay.

It was a fun game, and really amazing looking, but it seemed like when I look back at all I did, I feel like I just crawled through vents for an hour and shot guys with a stun gun while running backwards so I can shoot them again when they wake up.

It was pretty fun while it lasted. The fights in the jail were cool, but short, and there shoulda been a longer part of the game where you can use guns. Just as it was picking up in pace, I was done.
FidgetyAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #623
Reharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelT
Finished Lego Star Wars and unlocked everything. This is BY FAR the best prequel-era game, and it easily makes the top ten Star Wars games of all time. Why?

- It doesn't take itself seriously, at all, which is such a refreshing change of pace. It puts the fun back in Star Wars, which has been totally lacking from the prequel games, and a good portion of the prequel films, too.

- It's terribly clever. Using the force to rearrange Lego blocks never, ever gets old, and the levels just keep one-upping themselves with new and different block arrangements.

- When you finish a level, you can replay it with any of the characters you've unlocked, which opens up all sorts of new areas. I can have Darth Maul fight Anakin at the end of Episode III, or run General Grievous through the Trade Federation Battleship at the start of Episode I. Each of the characters has signature moves, so Jango Fett can use his Jetpack, Padme can shoot a grappling hook. Even the signature lightsaber techniques are there -- Obi-Wan's style is distinctive from Mace Windu's which is distinctive from the Emperor's. And Yoda...oh Yoda I love you.

- Speaking of the characters, in between levels you hang out at Dex's Diner from Episode II (it's basically the world hub). When you walk outside of the diner, all your unlocked characters are there walking around. If two characters that are enemies pass each other, they'll start fighting. So Maul might happen to walk past Yoda, and they'll start a lightsaber duel. Too cool.

- Finally, as a guy who collects Star Wars Legos (the actual toys - I have like 80 of the sets), the attention to detail is astounding. The game recreates the models and the minifigs in exacting detail.

Highly recommended, obviously. 9 out of 10.

I second this post entirely. I started playing Lego Star Wars for the PS2 yesterday (beware of the glitchy Xbox version) and simply could not put it down. The end result is that I've beaten it several times and unlocked every character in a matter of two days.

Definitely one of the best SW games I've played in recent years, and a surprise to say the least.

One of the most entertaining moments was when I was jumping outside Dexter's Diner as Yoda and suddenly this mean-looking Vader and Maul appear out of nowhere with their lightsabers twirling to attack me. I evaded them and eventually took down Maul but then I ran into a another fight, this time Dooku and Sidious versus Mace Windu near the Superkit area. Needless to say, they clobbered the hell out of him and then proceeded to do the same with me.

Oh, and that popping sound when Luke and Leia are born, at the end of Story Mode, episode 3? Too damn funny.
Reharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #624
FidgetyAcolyte
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to FidgetyAcolyte

I just beat Colin McRae Rally 2.0 for the Game Boy Advance.

I'll say it is by far the best realistic racing experience there is on the GBA, and, as a rally fan, I believe it was well worth the purchase. Its not too pretty, but you really do learn to love the way the game feels and looks in its fully 3D engine. Its just pretty fun.
FidgetyAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #625
jdingo
32-bit Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to jdingo

I finished Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams a few night ago. I got the In Water ending. So I guess that's bad.

- jdingo
jdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #626
Song Jiang
Nicaraguense

I should drop by here more often. Between the last time I posted here and now, I've gone through and cleared many of the games on my "pending" list. I finished Paper Mario RPG - The Thousand Year Door, the third sequel of "Gyakuten Saiban" (the first game is about to be released here as "Pheonix Wright"), Castlevania (can't remember the name; it's the GBA game where you can absorb enemy souls), Devil May Cry 3, and Biohazard 4.

Life's been good.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #627
JackSlack
Proud Supporter of Pants

Jade Empire is done, following the Open Palm ending.

I'm a little disappointed, actually. It didn't follow through to its logical end. (Had it done so, then the ending would have been bittersweet but honest on Open Palm, and possibly glorious but hollow on Closed Fist.)

Still, it's the best damn game I've played in a while. Exhilarating!
JackSlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:34 AM   #628
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

I finished off Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne tonight with the True Demon ending. No strategy guide and no online help. I just slogged through on my own gaming ability, and it resulted 75 hours of pure gaming bliss. Easily my new "Best Game Ever" (tm). I've already started a new file and I intend to get all of the five other endings. Finny the Fish (and every other game in the world) will have to wait.

Last edited by Boy; 06-14-2005 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Because SMT is the best game ever!
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #629
gamingguy
God of games

I beat the story mode in Def Jam: Fight for NY. Great game. My rapper, Krakah, is white, with diamond dog tags, three diamond rings on each finger, and 6-karat diamond earrings. It's sweet being able to customize your character. I highly reccomend this awesome fighting game to anyone, even if you don't like rap.

Cookie
Old 06-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #630
Kin Korn Karn

I beat RE4. Again. For like the sixth time.

The game is crack. I have all these other games that I want to play, but I start jonesin' for RE4 and I give in way too easily.
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote