About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 05-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #601
Kin Korn Karn

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Beat RE4 on Pro twice this weekend. First on the "real" game, second time to get through it with the CT. Not to go into spoilers, but the next to last boss had my number on the real playthrough. I died over 30 times, and I reset it before dying probably twice as many times.

Now I'm trying to get all of the Mercs minigame completed. My trigger finger is numb.
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #602
legendarypegasu
64-bit Poster

Rep Power: 13 legendarypegasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to legendarypegasu

Finished up Jak 3 tonight. I had a love/hate relationship with it. I really liked the platforming and action parts, but I hated the driving parts. None of the vehicles controlled very well, and the game made you go through some really narrow paths at the end, which just made it all the more frustrating.

Still its much improved over Jak 2. The story is much funnier. The difficulty has been scaled down, as Naughty Dog actually included check points this time around. Overall an above average game, platformer fans will like it.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #603
YOU
16-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to YOU Send a message via Yahoo to YOU

Beat Jade Empire last night. Despite my displeasure with the simplicity of combat.. I still really enjoyed this game. This is the 1st game I've actually finished in awhile. I think I want to play another rpg...
Now watching:
Love hina
YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #604
YOU
16-bit Poster

I finally got 999,999 points in the challenge mode in Lumines! It unlocked a special skin which is pretty cool, I guess. I am now officially tired of this game. It took me 2 hours and 36 minutes, to get over a million points. That's alot of lumines. Unfortunately you can only get 999,999 and it gets boring when you keep playing the same level so I just stopped. I hope they come out with a sequel at some point.
Now watching:
Love hina
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #605
Hypatia93
Figuring It All Out

How could I forget?

I finished Jade Empire this past weekend, as a goodie-good chick. It was /so/ much better than KOTOR, especially the combat. Now don't go and get your undies in a wad; while I don't think the combat was "all that," it was definitely better than the micromanaging in KOTOR.

Yes, this game was essentially KOTOR in some alternate Chinese-type universe, but I have to admit, I enjoyed the hell out of the story. My jaw dropped at the major twist; I had no idea. Then again, I had no idea about the major twist in KOTOR, either. I guess I tend to "get lost," moreso in game plots than any other medium, oddly enough. Hmm..

Anyway, for some odd reason (which I /never/ do), after spending over 45 hours on the thing, I went right back and started a new guy. My plan is that he'll be evil, but we'll see how that goes; it's hard for me to be utterly heartless and cruel to the bone.

Although I think it's a damn fine game, it is /not/ a 9.9. I give it an 8.5. (I guess. I don't think I've yet to play a game I'd give a 10 to.)

P.S. YOU! How old are you? You'll probably have arthritis by the time you're 30! (And here I thought Boy was bad.) Are you planning on you-sing (like that ) those mad skillz anywhere else besides gaming?)
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
Hypatia93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #606
YOU
16-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypatia93
P.S. YOU! How old are you? You'll probably have arthritis by the time you're 30! (And here I thought Boy was bad.) Are you planning on you-sing (like that ) those mad skillz anywhere else besides gaming?)
I just turned 22 on St. Patty's day. I didn't get that score in one session, I tried doing it all at once before and the most I could get was 800,000 before my eyes/hands got too tired. Unfortunately, i'm not using these "mad skillz" anywhere else.. but if I could get a job playing tetris or lumines, i'm so there.
Now watching:
Love hina
Old 05-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #607
legendarypegasu
64-bit Poster

I just beat Star Fox: Assault on the silver level and got all the silver badges. Its much better than the reviews will have you think. The rail arwing missions are great as usual. The on foot missions are decent, they really capture run and gun gameplay.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #608
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

Beat Pac-Pix the other day and keep forgetting to throw it up here. Pretty sweet stuff, and a shame that it was pretty much overshadowed by Polarium. The boss battles are far and away the best part. After beating it you unlock the 2nd Book which is something like which is something like "Pac-Man Must Die" mode. I can't get past chapter 3.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:38 PM   #609
legendarypegasu
64-bit Poster

Just beat God of War on normal mode. I was really impressed by the game, but like Brad said in his review I never indentified or felt any remorse for Kratos. But one thing I can't believe is that I haven't heard any complaints about the 3rd part of the last battle. I felt as if it is easily one of the worst boss battles I have ever played. The first 2 parts were great, but the 3rd part was so awful it ruined them completely.

Now I'm going to try to get through it on hard mode and beat the 10 extra challenges they give you after beating the game.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 AM   #610
Kin Korn Karn

I forgot to mention that I have beaten the Mercenaries mini game in RE4. Heck of a challenge. I think I may be finished with this game, at least for now.
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #611
YOU
16-bit Poster

Just beat Shadow Hearts last night.
I really, really enjoyed it. I was glad I could find a copy around where I live. (and it was in good condition too!)

has anyone here played covenant? I think i'm going to play that one after I play digital devil saga. and I still have to play xenosaga 2, and breath of fire dragon quarter, and finish doom 3, and psi -ops, and my psp games. looks like i'll be picking up a next gen system in about 3 years.
Now watching:
Love hina

Last edited by YOU; 05-19-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #612
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

I've played Covenent for about 10 hours. I found it pretty lacking compared to the original. Better graphics though, at least.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #613
YOU
16-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy
I've played Covenent for about 10 hours. I found it pretty lacking compared to the original. Better graphics though, at least.
that's too bad. I might still play it, in the hope that shadow hearts 3 will be good. I really enjoyed the judgement ring system.. it's like the friendly cousin of legend of dragoon's weapon system.
Now watching:
Love hina
Old 05-24-2005, 08:29 PM   #614
gamingguy
God of games

Send a message via AIM to gamingguy

I FINALLY beat Weapon Master in Soul Calibur II! I unlocked everything exept the profiles by beating Arcade. I have to beat it with most of the people, but I finally have all the weapons and costumes!

Yeah I'm hung like planet Pluto hard to see with the naked eye
But if I crashed into Uranus I would stick it where the sun don't shine
'Cause I'm kind of like Han Solo always strokin' my own Wookiee
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me
Cookie
Looks like a stalemate to me
gamingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:55 PM   #615
ferrarimanf355
Reborn Simpsons Fan

Rep Power: 14 ferrarimanf355 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via MSN to ferrarimanf355 Send a message via Yahoo to ferrarimanf355

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingguy
I FINALLY beat Weapon Master in Soul Calibur II! I unlocked everything exept the profiles by beating Arcade. I have to beat it with most of the people, but I finally have all the weapons and costumes!
Crap, I almost forgot to mention this too. A couple of days ago, I unlocked everything in Soul Calibur II as well. Lizardman, Assassin, Bezerker, all the weapons, all the endings and profiles, all the extra costumes, the art galleries, the extra modes... everything. I can finally put it back on the shelf and wait for Soul Calibur III to go multiplatform.
ferrarimanf355 is offline   Reply With Quote