About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for The Sims 2: Apartment Life here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Unregistered

Question Re: The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

How do you make your own apartments?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

yeah im wondering the same.
Seems like you cant.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
Unregistered

Re: The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

to make makes or house near 1 and other and for sims to move in in apartment you hae to build the house and when u done putting the windows and doors in get the cheat bar up ( Ctrl + Shift + C ) put in changelotzoning apartmentbase then typr exit to close the cheat bar and the save the house and go to ur sims city plan. then u will see a little green house on top of the 1 u made.. that means is work

if u change ur mind and dont wanna make a flat or somethin like that then just go bk on the house get thye cheat bar up again and put in ( changelotzoning residential ) . then save the house again... the little green house shud of moved

does anyone no who to build some flats or house's using as many windows and doors as you want...
Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
Unregistered

There's an option that u can put anything on the wall at the height u want, right, but how can i do that?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Unregistered

you use [ and ] to change the height, and to place more then one thing on one section of wall you press ctrl and shift at the same time.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
SympleSym

Talking Re: The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

To clarify the directions for making one's own apartment complexes:

To build your own apartment:

First build the lot and make sure you are completely finished with the construction.
(The only exits to outdoors that are not fenced in someway or another or completely enclosed into one apartment must be an apartment specific door such as the male/female bathroom doors or the university dorm door. There will be one for apartments with a welcome mat.)

Type Ctrl + Shift + C to bring up the cheat box and then type:
changelotzoning apartmentbase
That will change the lot zoning from residential to apartment. Type “exit” to close the cheat window.

Now save the lot and go back to neighborhood view. You should see a little green house icon on top of the lot rather than a plumbob (green diamond such as that over the active sim's head). This is how you know it worked.

If you choose to make an apartment lot into a residential lot,
enter the apartment and reopen the cheat bar and type:
changelotzoning residential

Then save the house again; the little green house will have disappeared in the neighborhood view now.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
Unregistered

You can't see the other sims/apartments even on the same lot/base when you play with another sim/family?

:s
Old 08-29-2008, 04:29 AM   #9
Unregistered

Talking Thank You

Thanks a lot SympleSym this was very helpful. Could not for the life of me find the name of the lot type (apartmentbase) you saved me a whole lot of trouble.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Unregistered

Even though I did exactly what I was meant to, I still can't get it to work.

Every time I want to move a family into an apartement I made myself it starts loading and when finished it puts me back in the building-menu.

And how do I get the apartment mailbox? (don't know if it is necessary, but I'm beginning to think that's the reason why it won't work)
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
Unregistered

hmm I'm still trying to find out how to become a witch
do you have to find a certain npc or something?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
Lala

To become a witch/warlock you have to first find someone who is a witch/warlock and befriend them. Then you can ask them to become a witch/warlock
Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
Unregistered

Ok so I just got the new Sims 2 Apartment and i want to move Brandi Broke from Pleasentview into the Apartment Lot..but she doesn't show up in the family bin in the Aparment lot..can someone plz tell me wat to do
Old 08-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Simlish

Smile Re: The Sims 2: Apartment Life Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

I got a problem...everytime I try making an apartment it sais (when I imput the cheat to change it to apartment lot) "there is an invalid apartment on this lot.to fix it switch to residential lot and change the arhitecture of the apartment".
What's the problem and...what should I do?
Help apreciated,thank you
Simlish.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #15
Unregistered

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/...g_tutorial.pdf

here's a tutorial made by maxis

it also explains how to solve the problem with invalid apartments.