About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
ZippyDSMlee
16-bit Poster

Chair warz.

Uhg chairs hate me and I hate them...that and I don't have 200 to put down on something worth while.

Anyway here is my problem , this is my chair http://www.amazon.com/Work-Smart-Exe.../dp/B005QHQYR0, and yes I here you snickering....

Its ok but for the fact it leans back no matter what I do a few inches, I have the tension set high on tilt and do not really use tilt mode.

I need to tilt this thing a few inches forward , that of course is not going to happen as the column the seat is on dose not turn thus I can not rig a 500LB L bracket to it.

So I thought up this, get this
http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Sensiti...ed+chair+cover

Back it up with 3 ply plywood then extend my home made head rest for max comfort. Its that or back it up with a an adjustable beach chair.....

The reason I am posting is , is there a product pre made like the thing I am trying to create?

As always guys thanks for any help
ZippyDSMlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
RandomRob

Rep Power: 9 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Re: Chair warz.

why not just get a bigger monitor and a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse so you don't HAVE to lean forward?
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Pedro
128-bit Poster

I think it's a posture thing.

You could get one of these, and position it so that the thin end of the wedge is in the crack between seat and back. A roll of duct tape and hey presto, your upper body would be tilted forward at 25 degrees

http://www.advantagemedical.com/prod...h-x-24w-x-28l/

It is very bloody expensive though, as is that chair. My office chair cost 29.99
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
ZippyDSMlee
16-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRob View Post
why not just get a bigger monitor and a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse so you don't HAVE to lean forward?
If I had money I would not be bitching. LOL

Also only 2 feet from a 38 inch HD tv....I need new eyes LOL

Its not really leaning forward the chair rests in an uncomfortable position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I think it's a posture thing.

You could get one of these, and position it so that the thin end of the wedge is in the crack between seat and back. A roll of duct tape and hey presto, your upper body would be tilted forward at 25 degrees

http://www.advantagemedical.com/prod...h-x-24w-x-28l/

It is very bloody expensive though, as is that chair. My office chair cost 29.99
Well I got the chair fixed now I saw some extra wrench sockets I have when I was cleaning, a bit of forcing it in with a hammer and now its leaning forward a tad.

Now I need Lumbar, then I will need to make a seat belt thingy or ergonomic arm pit rests.
ZippyDSMlee is offline   Reply With Quote