About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Next-Gen Console Games

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Borderlands 2

Anyone else interested in Borderlands 2? The first one was good, but lacking. I think a lot of improvements have been and the sequel will be quite good.

Who is buying Borderlands 2 when it comes out and for what system? Looking to play some co-op. I am leaning to get it on the 360, but if more people get it on the PS3 I'll get it for that system.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Borderlands 2

Yeah, I'll be getting it, but I'm not actually sure whether I'm looking forward to it or not. As you say, the first one was decent but lacking. I played through it in co-op with my brother and he loved it but I got a little bored with the constant charging from A to B and killing everything in sight. That's what we're doing now with Dead Island too - maybe I'm doing co op wrong?

Anyway, I was horrified to hear that the campaign is 60 hours long, if that's even true. But as it's a sequel it's bound to do a lot of stuff better. I was delighted to hear that you automatically pick stuff up if you're near it rather than having to position the cursor on it and press X etc.

Even so, it'll probably be a Day 1 purchase. I'll be getting it on PS3 but the time difference is possibly a bit awkward for co-op!

How is the new job going, btw?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

The new job had a rough start (not my fault). It is getting better. I have to keep reminding myself how well they are paying me.
Thanks for asking.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Ha ha, good stuff!

RPS had a decent hands-on with Borderlands 2, in case you didn't see it. I'm still mostly unconvinced, but we'll see.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-preview-pc-2/
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
Kin Korn Karn

I don't think the first one was lacking, but there was room for improvement. Easily one of my favorite games of 2009.

I fully expect Borderlands 2 will meet or exceed my expectations. 58 hour campaign? Yes please!
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Borderlands 2

I am curious to see how the writing holds up. Anthony Burch (Reverand Rant, HAWP, Anthony Saves the World) is writing alot of it, and he's a notorious critic of overused game tropes..

It'll be interesting to see him put his money where his mouth is, or where his paycheck is..

RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote