About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #61
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I'm a bit stuck. My pet poodle (silver) has learnt 13 tricks but i'm not sure if there are anymore or that i need to proceed further into the competition. While training her to give back the disk without telling her to, the first few times i stroked her there were pink sparkles, then after a while there were yellow. Is it important? Also how many owner points for pet food that makes a pet more athletic/thin?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #62
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(the one with the shiba inu, kamon)
I don't think that the color has an affect but if it does i would say that yellow means they are learning it because my dog started to have yellow flowers then gave disk to me without me calling him. And for the food, i know that diet food and slimy food comes around 1000 trainer points. For "pugy" dogs give diet food and walk a lot with it and if it is "skinny" give slimy food and don't walk to much and the it should become "ideal".
Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #63
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This is KELLY)

The sparkles above your dogs' head are all the same - apart from the fact that the yellow sparkles get you more trainer points!

I've had my dog, Laika, since March and she only gets yellow stars now. My new pup, Chloe, gets green, blue and pink sparkles more often than yellow because she has less 'happiness' then Laika.
Does that make sense??

Please ask anymore questions that you have to me because I think I'm probably the most advanced through the game - 16000 trainer points!!!!! _ Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #64
Unregistered

(This is KELLY again)

The guy with Kamon :
You unlock the pro disk and pro lures when you get about 9000 trainer points. You've got a long way to go, but it'll be worth it because you unlock so much from about 6000 - 14000!
Good luck.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #65
Unregistered

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(Guy with kamon)
thanks kelly that really helped!
Do you have any tips on getting the most trainer points possible.
Thanks!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #66
Unregistered

(This is KELLY)

Well what I did, when I was first starting out, was enter my dogs in every competition possible because this also helps you build up your money and bond with your dog as well as earning trainer points.
Toys also give you lots of trainer points! If you give your dog every toy you have in your inventry, that can give you about 100.

If you click on 'diary' and then go to your streetpass settings, your total trainer points will be displayed in the right corner which means you can check to see how many you roughly get per day. I found that once I got about 700 trainer points, they were frozen until the next day where I was allowed another 700 - let me know if that happens to you!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #67
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(Guy with kamon)
Thanks so much for the help, I won the disk nintendogs cup and I got the pro gear. I do notice when I earn trainer points the closer to 700 a day I don't get as much for walks and competitions.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #68
person..

Cool Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?
yesh i got a pro lure it rocks >:U u has to have like over 2500 trainer points .u can views them from ur journal then click ur mii >:U hope dat helps!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #69
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I have a question: Is it possible to get better items on walks? In the first game, there was a collar called "Lucky Collar". It boosted the chances of getting a better item, is there anything like that on this new game?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #70
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)
By the way, im posting this using my nintendo 3DS. I got the update today and the internet is great!

I seem to be getting better presents now that i've finished the game, but i think it all really depends on the amount of happiness points that your dog has.
I dont think that there are any objects like the lucky collar in this gamd because the lucky collar is almost available from the start and i havn't come across anything.

Hope all of this makes sense tn you. I know the answer to your question, its just hard to explain!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #71
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This. Is. LUCKKYYYYYYYYY!)

Thanks. Also, I found the lucky coller. It's the SW Coller. I have a new question. How many days (Not TP, you can unlock by days too) does it take to get the *This next part is a spolier, if you have not reached this points yet, look away!* robot dog? I have the *SPOLIER* future room and the Basset Hound, which means I've played for 31 days, but I can't get the *SPOLIER* robot dog voucher. Also, I WON THE NINTENDOGS CUP! I got a gold crown!

<font=red> AWESOME ALERT! </font>

PUPPIES ARE POSSIBLE! But... it takes like 6 weeks!

Steps:
Get 2 Dogs of the same breed.

Get rid of ALL other pets in the house and put them in the hotel.

Have a rose on each dog.

See your dogs every day.

<font=red> NEVER </font> take your dogs for a walk or contest.

Have the love seat in the home.

Wait 6 weeks, you will get puppies. Have fun! =D
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #72
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay, so the game now has this big sandpit in the middle of the throwing range in Pro disc contest.

What the heck am I supposed to do? I can't throw the disc at an angle, cause my pooch'll miss it. If I throw it through the pit, the sand slows my dog down, thus costing him a catch.

Am I supposed to train at the seaside beach park till he gets faster in the sand?
Ugh, this game really knows how to make it tough for those trying to train an all-star champion.
I was on a walk and one of the dog owners said they only train at the beach park so the dog won't be scared or slowed down at the sand pits

Hope this helped
Old 06-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #73
Unregistered

Cool Re: introduce your pets

Quote:
getting of topic here but i'm curious of which dog/cat types you own in this game and what you named them. this is my pets:
Beast- french bulldog, black and white
Belle- standard cat, tricolour
Maduin- sheperd, all black
Eleanor: my gold + white sheltie
Muffin: my gold spotted tabby
Yellow Cat: orange + white tabby
some names i got from books & stuff, so don't laugh!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #74
Unregistered

(This is KELLY)

I'm not sure how many days it takes to unlock the robot dog, but I think it was 14000 trainer points. If you look at your TP, then you can work out the days from there!

Oh and Lucky, have your puppies been born????? Tell me all the info
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #75
Unregistered

(This is Kelly again)

By the way Lucky, what I meant by tell me all the info was - I need proof!!!
Is it possible to post pics on here? It would be good to see your pups. Oh, another question, do you know if its a glitch or whether nintendo put it in the game?