About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Late to the Party

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #31
Kin Korn Karn

Re: Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
I finally stopped playing after almost 20 hours playtime, when I was ambushed by some wisp that was immune against normal attacks and no spell I had to my disposal did noticeable damage. In the wiki it said to stay at a distance, but after all my silver arrows were gone, I didn't have a chance of dealing damage unless going into melee range, where that beast killed me in a matter of nanoseconds. That it was invisible half the time didn't help either. I tried about a dozen times and managed to almost kill it on one occasion, but in the end had no chance.

By that point I didn't even start the main questline and have no idea what those gates are, that you're talking about.
I don't think I killed a single wisp in the 200 or so hours I put into the game. They are tough.

If the game feels nerfed, nerf it back. You can always dupe
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #32
farfus
pretty cool dude

I loved how l leveled my character in fallout 3, on normal game play i was able to absolutely destroy enemies with a few hits. This game definitely is different, no matter how good you get it still takes some whacking to get that enemy down. But they are different games for sure. Good to hear your gonna keep on whacking, and yes its best to do your whacking alone lmao!
farfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #33
farfus
pretty cool dude

Well i finished up the main quest line with Martin the other day and am in the process of finishing up the Thieves Guild quest line (on the final quest). To anyone playing this game i highly recommend developing the inivisibility spell that is part of the illusion spell line. It helps so much in doing any stealth type of quest or just plain getting out of trouble, you dont always have to be hacking and slashing. This last quest for the thieves guild had me go ahead and grab Shadow Shape, which you have to have level 50 illusion to get, but its been my best decision in the whole game as of 6 weeks lol, and i have like 111 hrs so far in this game. Since there are still at least 2 more quest lines i think im gonna just keep messing with them a while, there is so much magic in this game that i havent explored yet... and in 3 weeks comes Castlevania
farfus is offline   Reply With Quote