About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #61
<Person>

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.
You lower your defense i.e. take off all your armor and go alone. It only does like 2 damage though, so it will be tedious. Hope I helped.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #62
Unregistered

Smile Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

if any of you are getting stuck with gorsby Purvis then you need three minstrels and a priest. you need the preist to at least lvl 28 and the other two minstrels to be at leat lvl 26-27. you need to be a minstrel too. before you do that go to alltrades abbey and turn to a ranger then make sure your bow skill is 100. buy a bow that is at upover and if you have it on alchemy turn it to a purblind bow. if you can turn it to a blinding bow next the go with your three companions and fight gorsby Purvis. always use the rain of pain ability and make sure your priest buffs you tthen itself then the others. you should be able to defeat him. it took me quiet a few tries but I got it in the end.