About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #46
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have to wait for the Infernal Armour to hit you. The attack will counter. It's really annoying. I'm having issues as well. Ignoring the fact that the thing refuses to hit me, the attack doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage. What we need is a strategy....
You can make a bit more damage by having a lv1 paladin and another person healing him.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #47
JoU

Cool Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
It's true... I'm having the same problem. I'll check back later if anyone's got help.
You hurt the infernal armors about 100 damage, then use pincusion. They will attack you, they get hurt, they die, repeat until you complete the quest.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #48
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Is anyone working on 2% rare drops? Does anyone have any good tips and strategies for getting those hard to get armor and weapons? So far, the best I could come up with is having a party of 3-4 thieves with Thief's Theory and Armamentalist medal to increase the chances of getting Itemised Kill.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #49
Unregistered

give me tips to defeat the first boss guy in gittingham palace
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #50
DragonRider101
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 DragonRider101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

where's Gerzuun??
DragonRider101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #51
Unregistered

just go to gerzuun alone as a paladin and wear items with low defence then use pincussion
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #52
Unregistered

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.
It is easy because that move is used by using it and then the inferno armor has to direct attack you and then it will take damage Based on how much damage that it did to you so it is best if you lower it's hp first so that it is easier to take out with the move for this quest you will get armor for paladin male and female which is quite good
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #53
Unregistered

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.
take of most of your paladin's armor and put him in the front row. when the infernal armour attacks, the ability does 1/5 damage back.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #54
Unregistered

Quote:
Urhm how do I complete the "our precious precious" side-quest? Ive figured out that precious is prolly a slime but where do I get the outfit the little kid talks about? also, where should I search for precious?
precious is a slime, the way to find him is by wearing a slood(pointy hat+3 slimedrops), the gooey gear(garish garb+3slimedrops), and slime earrings
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #55
Unregistered

If u want to level up extremely fast then go to bloomingdale. athen head north to where u find marionette. Once you get pretty deep into the cave youll be able fight metal meddlies sorry if spelled wrong but toull get three times what you get from metal slimes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #56
Unregistered

Cool Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

heres how to get all rare equpment first have a level 70+ grotto 2nd have patience 3rd EQUINOX DROPS DRAGON WHIP 10% VESTA GAUNTLETS 2%+EXTRA 2 1/2 % IF YOU SET PROFILE TO YOUR BIRTHDAY
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #57
Unregistered

Fyggs

I defeated all 7 bosses but only have 6 fyggs? Can someone tell me what up?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #58
Unregistered

Wink Re: help D:

yeah... train train and train thats what i did to become level 40 when still in coffinwell
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #59
Unregistered

Talking Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
After you are assigned to gather the rugged and the girl refuses to summon the sea god. The mayor then takes the girl to a place, can you tell me where he takes her . Thanks,
Andres
hi Andres,
Jona (the monster-summoning girl) and the mayor go to a secret beach behind the mayors house. if you speak to the little boy there, he will let you go there. you will reach caves, usually surrounded by mudrakers (monsters, if you have not yet encountered them). the caves are a bit of a maze, but its wont take up a lot of your time. you will reach where the girl (Jona) ,the mayor and THE MONSTER BOSS await you.........
From Tani-Tani
Old 08-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #60
Unregistered

Does anyone has tips for the King of the Empire?

I find myself dieing a lot at his second form and don't have time healing through forms.

I have a lvl 32 gladiator, 34 martial artist, 33 thief and 33 priest.

I know I shalt grind,but liquid metal slimes are a pain.

They all have alchemy-reinforced stuff,and my priest has very high MP and magic healing.

Help plz?