About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
Unregistered

Talking Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

the tick is that you have to wear little to no armour and hit it once the keep use pincushion until he dies but I think you should train passed level 15
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #17
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Urhm how do I complete the "our precious precious" side-quest? Ive figured out that precious is prolly a slime but where do I get the outfit the little kid talks about? also, where should I search for precious?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
SithLordMilk

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the tick is that you have to wear little to no armour and hit it once the keep use pincushion until he dies but I think you should train passed level 15
Here's what I did. I went to Gerzuun alone, my main being a lvl 30 Paladin. I got rid of adds that came with the Infernals using Gigagash or Gigaslash (Omnivocational Swordmaster) hit the infernal armor once, then waited out the rest, pin-cushioning every turn. Also, make sure that you're wearing no armor. This method took me about 10 minutes to complete.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
Unregistered

Quote:
Urhm how do I complete the "our precious precious" side-quest? Ive figured out that precious is prolly a slime but where do I get the outfit the little kid talks about? also, where should I search for precious?
ok heres what the guide says in order to complete the quest:
"This quest becomes available around the time you complete Bloomingdale.
Pauline is standing near the Stornway side of the Mountain Pass. Her family lost their pet, Precious. Talk to the children after you accept the quest; they let you know that you aren't looking for some wandering Chihuahua. The description sure sounds like a slime. Fight slimes in the nearby Angel Falls wildernesss to search for the tiny fellow.
To lure him out, have your hero only wear Slime Gear, such a gooey gear (made with Garish Garb and three Slimedrops) and a Slood (Pointy Hat and three slimedrops).
After you find him, return to Pauline for a nice reward."

The reward is a seed of skill.

The Pointy Hat is made through alchemy-Leather Hat+Magic Beast Horn. You can also find the hat in the northern building in Dourbridge.-Magic Beast Horn is usually dropped by all monsters who look like Rhinos. The horns are also dropped by a monster called Knocktopus which can be found when sailing in the inner parts of the ocean-in the inner area of all the islands-by alltrades abbey.

The Garish Garb can be bought in the armour shop in Coffinwell for 660)

You can also find the Gooey Garb in Mayor Laia's house in Coffinwell.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #20
Unregistered

can anyone tell me where to find the items called Narspicious?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
Unregistered

Quote:
can anyone tell me where to find the items called Narspicious?
urdus marshland
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #22
Unregistered

Quote:
urdus marshland
thanks for letting me know it helped alot
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Unregistered

Angry Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

how do you beat that one boss at Zere Rocks.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #24
Unregistered

Quote:
how do you beat that one boss at Zere Rocks.
ok heres what the guide says:
"We're back into the rough bosses. Garth Goyle was upset that the last couple of enemies ignored raw, physical damage. He's going to make up for that. This guy uses brute force to get things done.
Parties with strong healing, high HPs, and good buff skills can wade through this encounter. High damage groups or those that lean heavily on magical damage will have the hardest time.
Garth, as he likes to be called by his friends, double attacks and usually sticks to standard melee or souped-up attack and some type of augmentation spell. He can improve his magic resistance or raise his tension. The latter is especially nasty because it improves even his area of effect attack.
Speaking of which, Garth has only one area of effect, called Ground Pound. It normally inflicts trivial damage, but when his tension gets up to 20, it can hurt your party badly, especially if healing is already tricky.
If (or when) your party falls behind on healing, consider a medical round. Have healers Heal and let all non-healers use herbs or medicine to restore themselves. This somewhat resets the clock on the fight and gives you the time you need. That's not usually necessary in earlier boss battles, but Garth Goyle gets lucky sometimes and puts a lot of damage on people in a short span.
Mages do awful damage in this fight, so it's best to keep them on Sap/Accelerate duty.
At the end of the day, Garth falls into rubble. Party on."
I would recomend being in the high 20s or 30s for this fight. I had a level 32 warrior and a level 31 martial artist and was able to beat him. I used my warrior to help protect my martial artist while the martial artist did a move that allowed him to deal damage three consecutive times. Hope this helps.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #25

help D:

I fail at this game anyone got any grinding tips?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #26
Unregistered

uhh I need two things:

I need a guide to gerzuun - imma totaly lost in there...

How do I chain attacks? I've heard that chain attacks are a necessity against the gerzuun boss.

Plus I think this new dragon quest is easy - three bosses in one weekend. completes gleeba questline in about a hour - yes, some people will have done it faster.

Plus please answer my question.

~Ninjablade2000, a proud member of free realms insider.com
Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
Unregistered

ok i just need to know how to chain attacks now
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #28
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

same (unhappy)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #29
Unregistered

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.
try unequiping your shield and maybe your armor so that you take more damage. also continue using the pincushion ability after weakening it with attacks till they die from it. it worked for me so hopefully it works for you
Old 10-31-2010, 03:55 AM   #30
Unregistered

Wink Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
After you are assigned to gather the rugged and the girl refuses to summon the sea god. The mayor then takes the girl to a place, can you tell me where he takes her . Thanks,
Andres
He Is At Cuddling Cliff Which Is Behind The Mayors Place The You Walk Through The Caves Then YOu Will Exit The Caves Then You Need To Walk A Bit More And You Will End Up At The Cliff Then Ta Dah A Cut Seen Then Battle The Sea God