About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Dragon Age: Origins Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Dragon Age: Origins for PC and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

What do you think the best race and class to be is?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Unregistered

Talking Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Hobbit / Ringbearer
Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Unregistered

im currently using an elf mage and so far enjoying it very much.Although ive always stayed away from playing the elf classes in other games due to their homosexual nature and image but i must say im thoroughly enjoying my gay elf.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
Unregistered

im also playing as an elf mage. The gameplay for this game is phenomenal, but the issue i have with it is that i cant find good mage class armor or weapons, which as you can assume, is making the game very difficult. Hope a guide comes out soon, maybe i missed something. Good luck and enjoy the game (16 hours in with 20% complete =-})
Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Unregistered

elves are gay? who knew? what a dumb mf'er.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Unregistered

aye i agree elves are f****g gay as hell looking. sucks as i wanted to be a mage, so a human warrior it is
Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Unregistered

I've been playing religiously since release and these are some simple tips I wish someone would've have told me (some may seem obvious but the excitement of getting to the next area always overcomes anything else in my adventures)
-be thorough before you leave an area for you may miss important parts to quests
-when something new happens, something big, go back to previously visited areas and things sometimes have changed or new things will be there (this is made by BioWare and if anyone else played the KOTOR series, they can attest to this, BioWare does this alot which is very gratifying and rewarding)
-this is a party based game, MMO players will be familiar with this but to new peeps, remember, a mage cannot be in the frontlines of attack as a thief or bow user cannot. Use shield and sword combo ass kickers for your frontlines, wait for them to draw the aggression of the enemy before attacking from afar or you will be in a world of hurt. Mages suck at melee.
-use flanking whenever you can as a melee class, this is a cool and very useful tool in this game. Can get you out of some seemingly 'unwinnable' battles.
-equip your party before selling your loot meaning: if you picked up alot of stuff during a quest, check to see if it benefits yourself first and then anyone in your party 'cause after all, a well geared party is much more effective. Once you've equipped and updated everyone, then sell off the rest. Gold seems to be fairly easy to acquire in this game so don't be cheap.
-and of course........SAVE OFTEN
Old 11-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Unregistered

Hello i got a problem
when i start a new game the video starts i can hear sound but no sdreen its all black and when i press escape i only see gender - Race - Class and title but nothing more then black background help?
i set all graphics on low
Old 11-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
blackfootbrave

Thumbs up Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I boinked morrigan twice!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
blackfoot brave

Exclamation Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I did Morrigan with my elf!!!! and hes balding
Old 11-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
Sovereign

Cool Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tips & Tricks Hints Cheat Codes

Anyone needing some easy sovereign's early in the game, consider this:

The first time you are in Lothering, among the mini-quests the villagers give you is one by Allison to make her 3 traps.

In the tavern across the road from her a man sells the trap trigger for approximately 2 silver and some change of copper.

Three of those is less than 9 silver, you sell the 3 built traps to Allison for 50 silver.

...but the quest did not end and I was able to buy an unlimited supply of the trap triggers from the guy in the tavern.

This seemingly poor farm woman Allison turned out to fork out well over 100 sovereign (gold) and would have done far more had I spent the time going through the menus to sell the traps to her. Well worth doing as not only do you get the gold/soverign but your entire party levels up during the selling process.

Happy fortune building.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
Unregistered

I just started playing and Ive been doing okay but my character has an injury and I cant heal him. He needs the lesser injury kit but the menu wont let me give it to him...how do I heal an injury if I cant give it to him?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just started playing and Ive been doing okay but my character has an injury and I cant heal him. He needs the lesser injury kit but the menu wont let me give it to him...how do I heal an injury if I cant give it to him?
Nice unrelated post.

You suck at the game.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
wolf 164

I'm doing the quest Anvil of the Void in and I am having troubles with trying to kill the corrupted Queen spider I was woundering if anyone had suggestions.