About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #91
Unregistered

Smile Re: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

My hubby and I play BGH 2010 on the WII. FYI...you're NOT stuck if you can't kill the mountain lion/bears/puma on your first tries. Go back and get silver/gold on as many of the earlier hunts as you can...your experience rank increases enough to open up additional firearms AND advance you to more missions, even if you can't get past them right away. You can always go back and try again to kill them, but not killing them does not keep you from continuing the game!
Mountain Lion: I used a rifle - when he pounces off the rock, shoot continuously AND back up/move to the left or right to dodge him.
Bears: For the black bear, same method as the mountain lion - rifle, keep shooting and dodging at the same time. For the brown bear, I used the crossbow (got gold on this one; using the crossbow got me the challenge bonus points).
Puma: Used the shotgun...when you first see him, you're towards his left...I crouched and managed to sneak all the way around (in the open!) so I could be on his RIGHT side. Kept shooting until he was dead.

I'm still working on the 3 African leopards!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #92
legend

Re: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I meant to say 11th mission in the third paragraph in above post.

Also I got a gold on the kudu hunt in that mission with just the footprint and poo tracks getting a heart shot with the crossbow from the 50% zone, if that's why you think there is a 3rd track on that hunt.
how the heck did you get to change weapons? thats my biggest beef with this game! i cant figure out how to change to upgraded weapons.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #93
Unregistered

Re: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Quote:
Does anyone know where the animal tracks are for the indian water buffalo are? I think it's stage 9 and what the best cover spot is to kill the buffalo from 15 yards or less for the challenge bonus?
as you enter the very first scene, they are off to the left on the beaten path just like all the other tracks. the best spot is to the right of the red column at 30%-but it must be a heart shot, i use the 223 since my model 700 shoots too slow, gives me less points at the kill, AND you can pump out 2 accurate shots quickly with the 223.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #94
legend

Quote:
I can't kill the darn mountain lion - any suggestions? =)
keep trying! use the shotgun or the 223, get a bead, and shoot like hell-fast. then reload!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #95
Unregistered

Quote:
keep trying! use your 223 or shot gun and pull the trigger as fast as you can, remember to reload. get a bead on him and UNLOAD!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #96
Unregistered

Quote:
keep trying! use your 223 or shotgun and shoot as fast as you can when you get him in the crouch or hes rushing you. remember to reload!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #97
Unregistered

Smile Re: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Quote:
I logged on here to find out the same thing, after MANY failed attempts. Use the shotgun, back up right after he jumps down the last rock, shoot once and move right and unload on his butt. same thing for bears.
I found if you're using the Cabelas orange gun controller, The real trick to killing the mountain lion and the black bear is to keep moving backwards for the bear and sideways for the mountain lion as you blast them as soon as the controller will let you after they appear.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #98
Unregistered

Quote:
I can't get by the friggin cougar either. When it jumps on me I have tried; one - pressing the button on showing on the screen repeatedly; two - pressing and holding the button showing on the screen; and three, moving the controller to shove the darn kitty off. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong??? I can wound the darn thing, but then I get mauled. I have tried shotgun, .223, remington 700, but not the pistol. I have also tried moving to the side to dodge the cat, but I can't seem to do that either.

Help!
The trick is to keep moving after your controller frees up after spotting the predator animals. Any weapon will work but you MUST KEEP MOVING....backwards or sideways....and keep blasting and reloading.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #99
outlander800efi

Quote:
OH MY GOD us too...I got him off me one time, and am not sure what I did...my bf and i are being mauled to death, and are going mental not being able to get by the cougar...someone please help...just shooting him doesn't work...he mauls ya...how do you get him off...any other tips to get by this evil cougar?
when u gt close to moutain stay to right soon as comes shoot it wound him hell charge u move to right keep shooting to your guns empty
Old 01-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #100
Unregistered

if you keep getting mauled by the mountain lion - best advice is to hit the button the screen tells you to as fast as as many times as you can and shoot with the shotgun as many times as you can aiming for the head/upper body. after i tried this i killed him right away.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #101
Lord Rothschild

You guys are making this too hard for yourselves.....for the Lions and Bears, (OH MY!) just let the predator jump on you, tap the instructed button to get up (this doesn't hurt you at all), when you stand back up, the predator will be recovering on the ground in front of you, have your pistol equipped and just unload on it's face....it will take 2 1/2 mags to do this......easy as pie.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #102
Unregistered

h0w d0 u ki11 40 ma11ards 0n the first 1eve1 f0r g01d its the 1ast 0ne f0r me n0t s0 sinchy?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #103
Unregistered

Angry Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

how in the hell do u get out the guns u have unlocked???????
Old 01-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #104
Unregistered

go to the screen that has all the missions in the level and press c in nunchuk mode and it should list all your guns.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #105
Unregistered

Quote:
We are trying to get the crossbow. How do you find it?
by making sure you go through every stage and get all medals for every challenge, then you should unlock it.