About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #106
Bornie
New Poster

Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Hey Bornie,
We look forward to seeing you wave your hands about in an excitable manner and kicking us out of the taxi 3 miles from our destination!
Ha ha ha! That sounds like you had a bad experience here at Barcelona... You have to tell us what happened to you exactly with that taxi. Taxis are expensive over here, and a few taxi drivers are a bit annoying, complaining about politics dunring the whole trip and talking to you even if you don't want them to do that, but it seems that your problem was something completely different...

If you come again to Barcelona, let me know it and I will pick you up with my car, to take you to your right destination, I promess!!!
Bornie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #107
Benjeezy
New Poster

Hiya,

I'm Benji. I'm a freelance gaming journalist, and I've been wiritng for almost a year now. I've been able to work for a bunch of different places, and I'd love to be able to contribute to this one too

(PS- a friend linked me to the Dragon Age 2 review and I almost cried. I LOVE how honest and brutal it was! Good stuff!)
Benjeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #108
banditkings
New Poster

I'm Sean. Pleased to meet all of you.
banditkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #109
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough

Hi Sean!

And belated welcomes to Benj and Bornie and Tim and Nick and of course Pedro and Cody

welcome! Please feel free to dig into threads and post some comments! Talk is life!
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #110
big momma
New Poster

Hello everyone

i'm big momma and im new to the forum. im playing the game titanic secrets of the fateful voyage. im stuck in the first class lounge and i don't know what to do with the plate and teacup. it has a white circle around it when i hit the hint. please if someone can please help me thanks
big momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #111
Zolbrod
New Poster

Hi All!

The name's Tim (yes, ANOTHER one), I'm 31 years old, and currently working as a videogame localizer/translator in Osaka, Japan.

I found this site because someone directed me to the brilliant Why Deadly Premonition is The Game of the Year series, and I stayed because I found myself agreeing with a lot of the other reviewers as well, which is rare for me.

Anecdote: when I registered I was asked who the protagonist of FF7 is, and I answered Cloud Strife, which was considered incorrect. Someone might want to fix that. (I assume the last name was not expected)

Looking forward to some good discussions here!
Zolbrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #112
c4nc3rc0wb0y
New Poster

Hey guys (and gals!),

I'm Sam, I hail from the Great White North and I am an aspiring video game writer. While I am a very FPS-oriented sort of gamer (as you will see from some of the reviews I'll be submitting) I do have a pretty diverse collection and enjoy most genres of games.

...This is starting to sound too much like a desperate dating video, so I think I'll end it here.

-Sam
c4nc3rc0wb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #113
Kala
New Poster

Hey all. I'm a student in Boston and I am big on PC gaming, though I have a Wii that gets a workout every once in awhile.
Kala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #114
c_rake
New Poster

Hey all.

Name's Callum. I'm a currently unemployed writer (my fault, really; I haven't exactly tried to find a job, after all) and aspiring game critic. I sort of just stumbled upon this site somehow and took a liking to the content after reading a of the reviews here. When I saw that this site is here to help improve one's reviewing skills, I figured I might as well join in to get some feedback on my work, maybe.

Hope to get to know you all well. See ya around the boards, I suppose.

Thanks.
c_rake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #115
ubergoat
New Poster

Hi Guys!

My name is Jonathan, I work with a decent sized company doing low end accounting. I'd like to stay here for a while as a career but down the road I'd like to be a video game developer or be somewhere in the business somehow (probably not as a main source of income, but supplementary for sure).

Ummm as far as my gaming experience, I used to be a big PC gamer, then became a bigtime wow freak but I've since sworn off of all online games since I nearly let wow take over everything in my life haha. I hope that if I decide to write reviews writing only about singleplayer parts of games won't make my reviews suck. Since going away from the PC, I've become more of a console gamer so I've got a 360 and PS3, my roommate has a wii in the basement so I've got all bases covered but I never really touch the wii anyway. So umm...yeah that's me.
ubergoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #116
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Welcome, new folks! Looking forward to hearing your news/views/ideas.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #117
Ladye
New Poster

Hi ! I'm Ladye
Ladye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #118
Bilgewater
New Poster

Hello everyone,

My name is Jake and I live in NY. I used to read Gamespot all the time but grew tired of its childish writing and community. I was overjoyed to have found a website where games actually get discussed in a mature and sophisticated way. I look forward to reading more of your articles and contributing on the forums.
Bilgewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #119
gamestanggirl
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 gamestanggirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

i live in texas. work with 6month to 18 month old infants by day..semi-gamer by night. i play with my 10 yr old son...we play Wii, his PSP, my DSLite, or our PC. he is into military/war games, and racing games. me, i like the hidden object/puzzle games. so if anyone has any recommendations on new games to try.......SPEAK UP!!! i am listening!!
gamestanggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #120
Speedmaster19
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 Speedmaster19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Levi and 19 years old. Finished one year of college and now I'm trying to get into the coast guard. I play the trombone since I was 10 years old and played it all through school. I have performed at Carnigie Hall in New York with my high school orchestra when I was 17yrs old. Then I performed at the Lincoln Memorial and Slvyian Theater in Washington D.C. when I was 18 with my high school band. I also played in the jazz band in my school life. I'm a big 4x4 truck person and also classic cars and truck guy.

I'm only a PC gamer person at this time and I mostly play racing games. I love those racing games. lol!

I found this site by trying to find online help on a game I just bought.
Speedmaster19 is offline   Reply With Quote