About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for Nintendo DSi. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
Guest 0000001

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

hi,

i would like to know if there is a possibility to choose the stats the other leaders (atsuro, yuzu ... ) and the demons get when advancing a level?
and what do the stats stand for really? i mean i'm on level 16 i pushed strength but i happen to miss very often. does agility improve the chances to hit the enemy (agility=dexterity)?

greetz Guest
Old 06-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

i would like to know the best way to tackle millions of jack frosts. they always heal each other and its getting annoying
Old 06-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 0000001 View Post
hi,

i would like to know if there is a possibility to choose the stats the other leaders (atsuro, yuzu ... ) and the demons get when advancing a level?
and what do the stats stand for really? i mean i'm on level 16 i pushed strength but i happen to miss very often. does agility improve the chances to hit the enemy (agility=dexterity)?

greetz Guest
No, you can only control the main hero's stats,

STR= physical attack damage
MA= Magic attack, defense, and Magic points increase
VIT=Physical Defense, Health Points increase
AGI= Hit rate increases, Evasion Rate increases
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i would like to know the best way to tackle millions of jack frosts. they always heal each other and its getting annoying
Jack Frost is vulnerable to fire and can only heal, not revive, there are a few strategies.

A) full out assault on one at a time
B) Cast a muting ability, then lay on the hurt
C) Use Drain to sap all their magic points

Keep in mind when attacking that fire works best if your STR is not your main stat.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Death

the main hero i focus on str , he have deathbound and power hit >>> the power hit can hit opponents with about 500-700 dmg if at full hp (non weak) and m at lv 35
Old 07-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
Unregistered

I would like to know how or when can you get other trainers
Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Any tips/faqs on how to defeat Belr? I've been suck on this mactch for 3 Days!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Unregistered

Lol, then you suck, man. I defeated him the first time. Blus, Belr doesn't exist. XD Idiot.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #10
eatit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol, then you suck, man. I defeated him the first time. Blus, Belr doesn't exist. XD Idiot.
don't talk shit pussy, your on the internet, how what demons did y'all have for the belberith fight? its kind of a pain
Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Unregistered

If you really, really can't beat Beldr, try to start a new game and focus on strength this time. Beldr can be tricky if you are big time into magic, since only the regular attack of the main character can even harm him.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 0000001 View Post
hi,

greetz Guest
Yes as already said in some posts, you can only control the main hero, Yuzu, Atsu and the rest have stats on their own, although I'm not sure what stat will be added and how can we make the stats to our liking when they level up..... I just observed that Yuzu and Midori and probably even Keisuke and Mari would be the spellcasters as they have been adding Int most of the time (lvl 51, 51, 42, and 50 respectivley) And Atsutaro would be the hybrid as he adds Str and Vit most (lvl 51)

Anyone knows a trick in defeating Jezebel? That 3x turn passive skill is making my hero turn into dust even with a passive of anti-mystic and endure (lvl 52 hero str-vit) I already made up some thoughts and moves as how to defeat Jezebel like:

A. Adding a Beast type to all of the teams with a healer (Beast-leader-healer) so that after attacking, that team can move away from Jezebel (she can't walk, only have Evil Wave that has 3x range) with the racial Animal Leg so that she cannot counter attack with an extra turn adding 1 turn to her 3 turns. I can only hope that the Beast can endure enoung Psy and Fire damage.....

B. All of the leaders must have Null-Mystic, Anti-Mystic and Anti-Fire and Null Fire for Jezebel's super spells (Judgement and Megarydyne) and for the area's Demonic Fire as well.... For offense, Phy-Rise and Phy-Jump would be ideal as Jezebel has an Anti-Most like nature except of that the Force (not sure about the Force but all elements are -50% damage on her except Phy, Psy is Null on her as well as on any Bels)

C. First attacking then/or suiciding the pure Str/or str-vit Phy monsters (Toukis) with passives like Dual Shadows, Extra One, and Phy-Rise, Phy-Jump then Recarming them again, once Jezebel killed them.... Also finding Phy monsters with passives like the ones mentioned on the leaders can be helpful if Recarming is not an option....

D. As Int type monsters will have a difficulty on the offense (as mentioned above), returning them, then summoning Phy monsters is a must... Yuzu and Mari/Midori (whichever leader you are using with Int as their primary stat and have skills of Ice, Fire and Lightning elements) will have to change their skills to healing (Media, etc) or Shield All to accomodate their Phy underlings....

Any hints and tips that will help me to defeat Jezebel deafeated is appreciated..... Also accepting critics on my thoughts and moves as they were unsuccesful excpet that Beast-Animal Leg escape (I doubt it that the Beast can endure so much Fire and Psy damage and Beasts in general have low Str comparing to other types like Avatars and Toukis)

Thanks! And let's lift that lockdown and save Tokyo!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
the dude

Hi everyone =)
Old 08-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
AvidGamer

Im stuck at the part where there are those red gargoyle things and they are using comps to summon bilwis's and it's giving me a hard time, any tips?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #15
Unregistered

grind levels, back in my day we had to grind to kill a boss both ways and back