About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #61
Unregistered

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hhahahaha i know eh , it's fuked, it's impossible to beat server and volley. and lobbing does not work, thery like get back and hit a winner of it every damn time.lololol
Impossible??? HAHAHAHA. Serve&Volley are my favourite! It's a pitty it always ends fast... ;-)

Return to the line or to their feet. Then they will give you a poor return (if they can get it) and you just have to finish it!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #62
Unregistered

i'm stuck on a quest for spud in st paul's station, after coming back from paternoster row, im in church yard, but the portal for st pauls is on a raised platforn like some kind of guard tower. how the hell am i supposed to get back up there?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #63
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't even want to play online anymore. What's the point? Every other ranked person i play seems to get credit for points I clearly won. What fun is it to try to beat a cheater by just standing there? Obviously the ranks don't mean anything. I wonder what the satisfaction is for them....WOW! I'm the best at punching in a cheat code! Lame. They obviously have small private parts.

But I do have one question. Is it just me or do some players hit WAY harder than others? I understand the whole 5 star thing mixed with certain players gold abilities but I have played some opponents on line that hit the ball so fast that even Roger Federer can't get to it in time! My created character has all abilities and 5 stars but still doesn't even compare to the speed of some players.
I have won Grand Slam once and am well on the way to winning again. However I have just started playing online and am not even getting close to winning any points, let alone games. After 4 frustrating days, points down to 134 and much swearing, I finally got another British opponent today, with 800 points, with who I had an excellent 3 games, lost overall but at least the play was fair. Came straight off, played another Spanish guy with 400 points and was creamed. Went on again, got someone British again, and got to a tiebreak. Seems playing anyone from another country is a waste of time - so cannot build up any points, just keep losing them!

I have noticed too that the ball can appear to bounce up to 3 or 4 times on the other side of the net and the opponent ALWAYS gets it back - I don't even get close! Howeer I have learned not to let any point go - even the most difficult shot appearing to go out should be tried for - sometimes the 'teleporting' must work in my favour, but not often!

I will keep playing but need to keep going back to the Grand Slam and playing 'real' world-class opponents like Federer to stop me feeling like a complete failure! If these online guys are so good, how come they're not playing Wimbledon???!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #64
Unregistered

My EA grand slam tennis game got corrupted totally yesterday. I tried my best to salvage but the software appeared to be corrupted. I love playing online, and always played fair, with all these frustrating bugs until this time, and never thought something serious like this could happen by teleporting. Now, I lost my controls with remote even while playing offline... and most of remote controls was working upside down.. furthermore 'i cant serve' and the other movements in the game has become very quick. After lot of frustration trying to fix whatever is up, I finally resetted the software with no effect, and even formatted my wii, but nothing helped, all these bugs came back by some autosaving mechanisms, and my EA grand slam tennis software became a junk now. I dont know what more has been affected with my wii console? How could this happen by playing online? Anyone had similar problem/ solution? Appreciate your reply.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #65
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Help, i cannot get any points against people who come to the net! I've tried lobbing them, but the opposition just smashes it back. Its so annoying!
The solution is( it might not always work) is to hit down the line rather than cross court so that its out of reach. and you also try to drop it then lob as they ran quickly up to the net they might not hav time to run and smash it. Good Luck
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #66
Unregistered

I have seen people online who do tend to exploit the serve bug (once or twice is ok, but I did end up playing someone who did it every single time) the best thing I found is to block these guys then you won't end up playing them!

I will admit to being on both sides of the "wrongly credited point" issue when there has been no apparent cheating from either myself or the opponent (I'm not even referring to serve, it just seems to be a glitch with the game).

The most infuriating thing I did find was a player who was able to play squash, they threw the ball up on serve, waited for it to bounce and then were able to serve full speed off the bounce without having to catch it again!! They were also able to hit the ball after it had bounced past them and rebounded off the corner walls of the court (this was on the small outside court at the French Open, about the only place where the walls are close enough for this to happen, everywhere else the advertising hoardings, walls, etc are too far away to hit) I blocked this user, as whether it was a glitch or not they were blatantly using it to gain an unfair advantage...Oh and I'm not being a sore loser, I beat them!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #67
online play

Blocking someone on grand slam tennis doesn't block them from being paired up with you again. It only blocks them from sending a pm to you. So eventually you will have to play this cheater again.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #68
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
That's also my question.. how to beat a Serve&Volley tennisser?
Lobbing doesn't work, they still return it...

ye drop shot it then and play as nadal u will get quicker to ball
Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #69
Unregistered

I have a problem. I always get an ace with all players. I cannot stop their serve. Why? Where's the problem?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #70
Unregistered

Talking Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hi just a general hint that helped me a lot:

First i thought, that grand slam tennis was just too hard and that the controls (wii m+) are not precise. But then i read somewhere, that after you hit the ball the wii motion plus registers the "middle position" of the racket. That means if you put the controller straight ahead of you right after hitting the ball, the controls work very precisely (at least for me) , and you can very well control the direction of the ball by just changing the direction of the controller during the swing, when you hit the ball. -> forehand: 90 to the middle position means straight ball, >90 means the ball goes right, <90 ball goes left.
If you keep your racket in a random position after the swing, this will be the new "middle" and the controls will not work correctly - at least this was my experience...

After i got to know this, grand slam tennis just advanced to my favourite game, as it is the sports game that is closest to reality that i know.. :-)

hope this helps somebody, have fun..
=================================================
this is the key to playing the game and enjoying it!
After each hit reposition the controller to the straight-front flat position. It makes each swing perfectly accurate.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #71
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Problem = Wii motion plus is too sensitive and doesnt always present the players "real" posistion to the racket.

Problem 2 = When preparing a swing (eg going from forehand shot to a backhand shot), the motion plus system thinks your swinging and you fumble your shot.

Solution = Play without wii motion plus. You'll realise the angles are still available and you'll enjoy more of the game.

100% I agree. I didnnt enjoy with motion plus. BUT without it..it was very nice to play.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #72
Unregistered

Quote:
Help, i cannot get any points against people who come to the net! I've tried lobbing them, but the opposition just smashes it back. Its so annoying!
your useless thats all try playing different shots and angles put the opponent on their back foot
Old 08-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #73
Unregistered

Talking Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

What we non-cheaters have to do is have our own on-line leaderboard to keep track of our REAL rankings. This shouldn't be too difficult to program. We just need to login after a match and post the score. It just has to be somehow be broadcast to gst players. That would really piss off these loser cheaters lol
Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #74
Unregistered

Do you mean have your own personal leaderboard within GST? So maybe all the people who are buddys would have a separate rank system...yeah, that would actually be pretty cool to keep track of how good you are amongst your friends, buddies and all
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #75
Unregistered

Hi!
I wonder how long it takes to get star rating Im in wimbledon and have only got 1 1/2 stars!