About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Tom Clancy's HAWX Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Tom Clancy's HAWX for PC, Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3 and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Last edited by Dale Weir; 10-03-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Tom Clancy's HAWX Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I can't seem to kill the interceptor jets when I am defending the bomber in Afghanistan. just can't kill them fast enough. What's the trick?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Unregistered

Hello,

It's quite easy, select the secondary missile system; these can lock onto multiple targets so you should take out a number of baddies with one shot. Let the other two boys do their own things, they'll clean a few up on their own. You just need to concentrate on keeping yourself between each new wing and the bombers.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Unregistered

When playing the demo the free fall bombs will not detonate. I launch them and the blue triangle will hit the ground but no boom no destruction just a blue triangle hovering on my screen.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When playing the demo the free fall bombs will not detonate. I launch them and the blue triangle will hit the ground but no boom no destruction just a blue triangle hovering on my screen.
But how to launch fall bombs
Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
I can't seem to kill the interceptor jets when I am defending the bomber in Afghanistan. just can't kill them fast enough. What's the trick?
I'm on the same mission, but I have gotten far with it.
Got to kill the sam's first, and then destroy main radar system. Weird yellow marker. Then destroy mig 2000 s.
Goood luck.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Unregistered

What is a good strat to protect the American fleet in Japanese waters? It's really starting to piss me off that I'm killing and killing and killing and they still die... I'm killing everything even close to the damn carrier but they still die! I even kill the ships before they can even fire on it and still THEY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Easy! F-22 with multi target missiles. As soon as you start, go to the NW (upper left) corner of the map, that's where they will come from and then make your way through. Slow down when attacking covered SAM sites. I just went through it without a single hit from the enemy to the bomber.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
What is a good strat to protect the American fleet in Japanese waters? It's really starting to piss me off that I'm killing and killing and killing and they still die... I'm killing everything even close to the damn carrier but they still die! I even kill the ships before they can even fire on it and still THEY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!
Use a plane with radar guided missles and AI Aspect missles, kill enemies from afar with R/G and any that get close, use the aspect missles as they move quickly to the carrier group!! Happy hunting
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
Unregistered

All these answers require advanced planes. I just finished the mission using a MIR because I still dont get F22 and I dont like using cheats. Anyhew, the secret is to get there ASAP, let them pass and attack the planes from behind. Also, dont get caught up trying to kill one plane, let your wingman handle it, you deal with multiple targets coming ahead. Then when there are four or more targets near your bomber, go back and kill them. Thats how I did it anyways.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Unregistered

If your ever swamped by enemies, just target a enemy and let your wingmen take them out, if your a headset user (xbox) just say "engage" and away they go, (they travel much faster than you as well when there in attack mode) just keep swapping between who you want to kill and who you want you wingmen to kill. Means your not trying to take care of everone yourself, It makes elite much easier. Plus it makes you feel like your in the flying seat handing out orders, lol

URG...... (who?)
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #12
Gaz

Hi

I have just destroyed all the fighter jets that were attacking the bomber, however I now have to protect the bomber past the sam site, however there is not enough time to bomb all the sam sites. any help or advice pls
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
Gaz

Hi

I have just destroyed all the fighter jets that were attacking the bomber, however I now have to protect the bomber past the sam site, however there is not enough time to bomb all the sam sites. any help or advice pls
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
All these answers require advanced planes. I just finished the mission using a MIR because I still dont get F22 and I dont like using cheats. Anyhew, the secret is to get there ASAP, let them pass and attack the planes from behind. Also, dont get caught up trying to kill one plane, let your wingman handle it, you deal with multiple targets coming ahead. Then when there are four or more targets near your bomber, go back and kill them. Thats how I did it anyways.
Yeah, the f-22 is not unlocked until the second last level

I find that the f-15A is pretty a pretty darn good plane to use, unless you need certain missiles or something else, then just use the planes they give you

as someone else said, radar and MultiAA are really, really good

also if possible use all aspect missles, you will find out why they are great!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Hi

Sorry, i can't help you unless i know with more description what level you are talking about