About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #31
mikey

Cool Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

start as allies, techup till second tier asap, build naval yard and then 5-6 assault destroyers wich u spread around your base. build same amount IFV's put engineers in them, park them close the destroyers. then get some javelin soldiers and some peacekeepers to defend your base. now your base is almost inpenetrable, make one or two airfields and a superweapon and just destroy your opponent slowly but sure!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:05 AM   #32
mikey

Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
first build your base with three air transport vehicales. make three enginers and combine them. wait until each of the presidents come online and send all three of your engineers to do there thing.
once you've done that raid the base with nothing but mirage tanks.

keep in mind use your freeze thing to buy some time with the president.
on xbox i just killed the bitch "mission complete"
Old 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #33
Unregistered

Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

what does it mean to tech up?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 AM   #34
Slyer

Talking Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

(Dont know if this is still a viewed topic) I like to build a strong strike force and kill the enemies MCV and any building capable of producing more MCV's thus limmiting his production (soz for bad spelling in the middle of a game now XD )
Old 07-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #35
Slayer

Post Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

I like this... well i didnt mension in previous post cuas i was actious to get back to C&C RA3 but now i have time when facing a medium (havent yet tried higher XD) build in this order : Powerplant -> Barracks -> Refinerey -> Turrets (never stop building turrets remember this : your deffence is NEVER inpenatrable) ... when you have your barracks start building infantry i had these strike groups (i was allience) : 6 Peacekeepers -> 5Peacekeepers , 5 Javelins -> 10 of each and so on... ok.. now you are striking your opponent (never stop building even when you dont have credits) so now your keeping your enemy at bay . now that you have your deffence build a war factory and some FAV's (and mirrage tanks , *normal tanks* as you progress your TECH) and in the meantime you should expand you base. Its allways best to have atleast 4 Ore Refineries so now you keep your enemy at bay , you have a verry good deffence and your expanding.
Eventually your enemy wont have units left and/or resources so now you will start targeting his production structures and thats how i got rid of an enemy (medium) without using super weapons (neither of us had any) i had a ton of units camping in my base since i allready got rid of his production structures and as i said dont stop building thats why i had the extra units .

You can also try cutting off all routs on the groud to your base limiting your enemies movment and keeping their movment in your control.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
Unregistered

The Trickster's (my) tricks

Hello people. I am gonna show you a couple tricks of mine.
Warning some of these may not work for the empire.
1. invisible defence
this trick does not work with the empire and is not a cheat. 1st build a twinblade or if allies use a chronoshpere. 2nd build a sputnik or prospector. 3rd use the twinblade or chronoshpere to bring it to unreachable to-land-units and. 4th deploy your sputnik or prospector or MCV. 5th build anti-air/advanced base defences.

2. secret power
this works with all factions
1st. build a sputnik/prospector/generator core(s). 2nd. go to a place that isnt a place thats obvious. 3rd deploy your expansions/generators

3. invisible offence
same as last time but building 3 or more v4 rockets and 3 twinblades
Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #37
Unregistered

Quote:
Tips for all 3 factions:

Soviets - expand by each building you make, so as you expand with structures you expand your entire base, thus making it harder for enemies to destroy you quickly.
- engineers build bunkers, place 4 rocket launcher guys and a telsa soldier, and you have quick anti-infantry/air/tank in 1 structure that can be built anywhere.
- bears help you find spys and hiden units (like transports and units hiding with mirrage tanks)

Allies - you need to make a command centre near each of your buildings that you want teched up. So if you take a ore truck and place it somewhere else on the map and turn it into a command hub, you can build stuff there, but it won't be as teched up as your main base (until you have a command center there).
- place an engineer into a jeep (holds only 1 guy), as it becomes your mobile repair unit (to save your units from those pesky dragon flys)
- dogs help you find spys and hidden units
- use cryohelicopters to shut down buildings

Japanese - use transports with engineers and disguise it as a friendly unit. Then unleash your engineers in their base and use the engineer's running ability to run into buildings.
- use dragonflys to find hiden enemies and slow down injured armored units (tanks, boats, etc.)

Overall - blitz the computer with men (lots and lots of men) at the beginning, such as make 2 barracks before your first energy building.
- Engineers can take over buildings, making enemies to focus on neutral structures, instead of your base.
- Japanese tanks are weaker than any other tank, so make mechatangus and mechacopters instead.
how do i disquise the transport
Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #38
Unregistered

@Above

Select the transport and click on an enemy tank.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #39
Unregistered

Quote:
how do u make ur units better?like a good formation.
Hold right click and move your left mouse around when you have grouped all the units you want to foramte.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #40
Unregistered

Cool Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

Quote:
how can u defeat brutal on skirmish mode?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS so hard!!!!! i only can beat hard. i think the cpu has mor ore than u.becausethey make a lot of money fast!.i play it 40000 ore on skirmish mode
yes they start with double money on brutal also if a friend of yours has this game as well here is an EPIC strategy be soviet and have an empire friend and your twinblades can transport his cores like vehicles so yo u can make refienerys or build next enemies ALOT faster and efficienter
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
Unregistered

Quote:
How do you beat the soviet shuttle and the 7 iron curtains?
just use the the planes that paradrop infantry build 8 planes then 40 infantry put the infantry in the planes then drop them into there base but only use it for the iron curtons then once the iron curtans are out of the way bomb the shuttle it also helps to bomb the bridge next to you
Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #42
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

On xbox360. How do you only use 1bomb with vindicator?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #43
Unregistered

Usual defence tactics:

Build small groups of two Tesla Towers and one Turret. This keeps away most enemies. Keep some distance between them to keep the enemy from blowing up your entire defence with one Superweapon.

Behind this first line of defence, set up small groups of two AA-Guns around your base.

This combination will stop pretty much any offence.

Also, when you're on a hill, build V4 Rockets for long range defence.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #44
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

A good skirmish strategy for the soviets on the map "hostile hostel" is to quickly build a barracks and train an engineer. Then build 5-15 flack troopers whilst you send the engineer to the nearest oil Derek. Send your flak troopers to garrison the nearby buildings. When your base has a war factory build a group of sickles and the soviet expansion vehicle and set up an outpost at the ore refinery near your oil Derek. with a few sentry guns, flak cannons and Tesla coils your base should be impenetrable. Therefore your opponents can't get a foot-hold outside their base. Sending forces should eventually wear their base down enough for you to destroy it with one last attack.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #45
Unregistered

Post Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gu

Quote:
what does it mean to tech up?
It depends on your faction

. soviets tech up is super reactor (tier 1) and battle lab (tier 2)
. allies tech up is airbase (tier 1) and defense bureau (tier 2)
. rising sun works a bit differently, for defenses you need an ore refinery, you upgrade the specific unit production structure for
tier 2 units and for tier 3 units and high tech defenses you need a nano-tech mainframe.

Hope this helps!