About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #31
Unregistered

Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

To get 100% approval rating, you are meant to increase your population by 500,000. It tells you this after the symbol has been built.
The next age is post global warming, and you get there by polluting your city after getting 100% approval rating.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #32
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how do you get water to your city in DS creator? i have ponds, water plants and water towers, but it still says theres no water.
You need to build water pipes in the ground and to make no water pollution build water treatment plants.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
Unregistered

Question Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

I Have The Wii Game But I Cant Find any place to put in passwords, I looked in options on the main menu and in game play, but I cant find anywhere
Old 03-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #34
Unregistered

Question Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

I Have Played This Game For A Few Days Made it to 1924, but I Never get any new hero Buildings, How do I Unlock Them
Old 03-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #35
Unregistered

Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
To get 100% approval rating, you are meant to increase your population by 500,000. It tells you this after the symbol has been built.
The next age is post global warming, and you get there by polluting your city after getting 100% approval rating.
How much do I have to pollute the city? I have several industrial zones that pollute and I have polluted about 50% of my city. The only thing I have gotten is the post-global warming map, although it is not unlocked in the freeplay mode. It stills says "unknown" when I try to play it.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
Unregistered

Those of you wondering how to get past the global warming age into the future age I figured it out. No matter what your percentage is in the Global Warming Age you can still get there. All you have to do is pollute your entire city. Just put a bunch of coal power plants everywhere and then when your whole city is polluted you will get a notice to return back to the office. You will be given the choice to go to the future and see the effects of Global Warming.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #37
Unregistered

My first message wasn't that good so here are some more specific details. You don't have to build coal power plants everywhere to get to the future level(Post Global Warming) It was just an example that i found the most effective the quickest. When you get to the future your entire city will be covered in water and you will have to rebuild it all using futuristic technology. But don't let this scare you because I found it totally worth it. The buildings hold many more people than they did before. I have about 1/15 of the residential buildings than i did before and i have nearly 200,000 people in my city. Another good thing is that you don't have to build powerlines to all of the buildings anymore all you have to do is make sure that every building has a road beside itand that some where along the line that road reaches a power plant. I will be happy to answer any questions that anyone has about the future or wether its worth it or not.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #38
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

I tried the pollute your city to get to the future method and got nowhere. Where you using the wii version or the ds one. If ds please give me more info on how to unlock it i can't seem to get there please
Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #39
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
I Have The Wii Game But I Cant Find any place to put in passwords, I looked in options on the main menu and in game play, but I cant find anywhere
You put the cheat as the name of your city.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #40
Unregistered

Talking Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

To make deals with other cities first you have to have either a road, highway or rail connected to another city. In order to do this simply draw a road that goes past your current map, ( the same with rail and highway). The game will ask you do you want to connect to the next city, simple click yes. You can also do this with power and water lines although it will impact the wallet a bit. Once you read in your ticker at the top right that another city wants something go to your deal screen and click the export water,power, or import garbage. If you export garbage you will have to pay, but after a minute or two you should see the proper monetary adjustments being made. I would suggest you do this early in the game to start receiving income as soon as possible however this process only works off the supply and demand of your city. This also means if you export power as, your city grows you will need to build power plants more frequently. If you have any other questions contact me at Bookofgrage00@hotmail, I'll be glad to help if I can.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #41
Unregistered

Quote:
Those of you wondering how to get past the global warming age into the future age I figured it out. No matter what your percentage is in the Global Warming Age you can still get there. All you have to do is pollute your entire city. Just put a bunch of coal power plants everywhere and then when your whole city is polluted you will get a notice to return back to the office. You will be given the choice to go to the future and see the effects of Global Warming.
i have tried and tried this method but never recieved the notice to go back to the mayors office. i have 100% approval and red allover for pollution but nothing happens, am i doing something wrong? someone help i really want to get to the POST-GLOBAL WARMING stage
Old 03-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #42
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey , I'm from Brazil and my sister got the Sim City Creator for DS. But we didn't understand all the instruction booklet .. How do I make those destasters like earthquakes, tornados, etc ?
they just randomly happen. The only way you can help them is if you get an Altar.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #43
Unregistered

Why is there so little out there about how to play this game? I know all the basics, being a long-time simcity fan. But this game seems to be stretched between complexity and simplicity - it's deeply complex, but with no real explanation.

Exactly the rare game I'd buy a printed strategy guide for, but it doesn't seem to exist.

I seriously don't understand the advisors/employee system.

I need guidance on a number of things to be able to progress at all... I built for days, never ever made a bit of profit, sank into oblivion. Then did it again on three more cities. What am I missing, and where are the answers?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #44
Unregistered

I don't know what the problem would be if its still not letting you get to the post global warming age. I was using the ds version and it worked for me. Make sure u have no trees or parks in ur city. When you are asked to return to the office to go to the future it wont be exactly like all of the other times you are givin the choice to go to the next age, it will be a little different. but not by much. Is your city entirely red. Cause it wont work unless 100% of your city is polluted.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #45
Unregistered

Questions

How do you get people in your city on the SimCity Creator for the D.S.?