About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

FTL: Faster Than Light Tips Problems FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, problems, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for FTL: Faster Than Light for PC. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Anon

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Tips Problems FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy G

Download Cheatengine and search for a 4 Byte adress with the value of you scraps. Spend some money or win some scraps, then search for the new amount. When there are only 2 adresses left, edit either one of them to get as much scraps as you like.

To get a better start, you can edit the data.dat in the resources folder of your game directory. At first, backup the data.dat file, then search for <weaponBlueprint name="MISSILES_2_PLAYER"> and edit the weapon. Give it a damage of 4, as well as fireChance and breachChance of 3. You can then search for "Kestrel" and enhance your starting ship. If you overdo it, the game will crash at the beginning. Then simply change back your edits or load the backup. Have fun!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
The New Guy

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Tips Problems FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy G

when you start look for a few battles to build up as much scrap as possible. when your at about 150-160 scrap upgrade your shields 2 times and upgrade your power 3 times. during the battles try to target the enemys weapons and sheilds(if their sheilds are too powerful focus them and try to get them to abbout one sheild level focus their weapons). when in engi space look out for two things. first is fake fugitive rescues 1/3 times the ship that's chasing the fugitives is full of mantis. the other thing is distress beacons from deseased stations if you dont have a lvl 2 med bay or a engi crew member just walk away youl loose one of your crew if you try to wend all of your crew down to help. the most important thing in this game is dont fall behind periodicaly upgrade your weapons and sheilds when you pass the 5th sector the fights get realy tough whitouth enoug firepower or sheilds. hope this helps oh and sorry for any grammar mistakes english is not my first language
Old 09-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Download Cheatengine and search for a 4 Byte adress with the value of you scraps. Spend some money or win some scraps, then search for the new amount. When there are only 2 adresses left, edit either one of them to get as much scraps as you like.

To get a better start, you can edit the data.dat in the resources folder of your game directory. At first, backup the data.dat file, then search for <weaponBlueprint name="MISSILES_2_PLAYER"> and edit the weapon. Give it a damage of 4, as well as fireChance and breachChance of 3. You can then search for "Kestrel" and enhance your starting ship. If you overdo it, the game will crash at the beginning. Then simply change back your edits or load the backup. Have fun!
Not working
Old 09-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not working
I haven't tried CheatEngine but I'm sure it'll work as I've used it on other games but editing data.dat works for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
I haven't tried CheatEngine but I'm sure it'll work as I've used it on other games but editing data.dat works for me.
Nop, Every time i try to edit the data file the game load finish and the crash. I done what you said.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Nop, Every time i try to edit the data file the game load finish and the crash. I done what you said.
CheatEngine working...but editing data file crash game after load.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
CheatEngine working...but editing data file crash game after load.
Don't go too crazy when you're editing the data file. Find the default burst gun you start with and increase the burst per shot or something then slowly go from there you want to change more things.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
GuyWithOpinions

WTF is the point of even bothering to play a game if you have to cheat? Honestly? Face it, if you have to use a trainer or some other such hack you are a shitty player and nothing you achieve means anything.
..just my two cents.

Sincerely,
A Gamer That Remembers When You Actually Earned Your Victories
Old 03-31-2013, 05:44 AM   #10
Unregistered

..Douche..