About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #61
Unregistered

Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i can take vamp down to no life and psyche.. does it have to be
a headshot?? i dont even know what "STAND UP" is sorry ..
this is my first metal gear. SOCOM HARDCORE PLAYER
To take vamp down all you need is a good machine gun, the stunt knife and the syringe Naomi gave you in south america.
First all you need to do is shoot at vamp,
when he is down get ready with the knife
when he is up you will see that he is like drunk, thats when you need to strike with the knife do a CQC and press triangle, you will put the syringe in his neck.thats where the fight ends.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #62
Unregistered

Smile Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

to kill flying mantis use the syringe so she cant control you then kill her puppets at her side when they fall pick them up then kill her with the mantis doll
Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 AM   #63
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

all u guys are talking about killing really hard bosses but how do u kill c.wolf really easy wot i know all ready is use night vision and t5hat snakes stress is really high so aimings not that accurate anything else
Old 08-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #64
Unregistered

Quote:
this may be some thing that a few people might try in any mode of the game that could help but in act 3 when ur in london go to options and go to diplay go to brightness adjustment turn it down to .80 it will make the area much much much brighter esery to see enemys and the resitance it helps when you want to save batery and the nvg has a limited distance of sight its much beter this way try it
this is confusing
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #65
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Kill Octopus: Use Night Vision find her and kill her with any weapon of you choice
Kill Raven: Climb to top of tower switch to night vision and keep shooting do not zoom in it takes to long n she frags you.
Kill Wolf: Use Night vision and stealth if you have it hide under truck in front if low on life.
Kill Vamp: Headshots take him down in one shot, CQC n press Triangle to syringe.
Kill Mantis: Snipe the orange doll n pick it up before she does, use it on her to win.

6th play-through, all items etc. 500 million dp :P
Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #66
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
i beat the game in just under 4 hours and got the wolf emblem on the first time through using big boss hard mode

elite gamers rule!!!!!
u couldnt do that if you watched even a 1 full cutscene.diluted gaming experience!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #67
Unregistered

hahaha nice
Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 AM   #68
Unregistered

Quote:
so how do you beat flying mantis? I have worked on her and not been able to do it. I also only have 4 rations and nothing else.

shoot the dolls out of her hands then pick them up
Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #69
soulshot

Cool Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
I like when people just gloat and lie. How could somebody beat the game in three hours??? The cutscenes are like 5 hrs long. I've played every game in the series and that is not possible what so ever.

Hey if you don't know how to kill vamp or mantis get a walkthrough or google it. IGN walkthroughs are pretty nice.
Kid you must be new to the game world or somthing only pro's can do it in like 3-6 ive only been able to do it in 6hours an 47min just skip all cutscenes simple.

Tips
1. Mosin-Nagant Rifle is the best non-leathal gun for the BnB's.

2. Vamp is easy to get to low health with Solar Gun remember to use syringe after CQCing him.

3. Don't go after the tanegashimo rifle whatever you call it isn't worth as much as it seems if you gonna get it wait till act 5 only 500k.

4. Try use only non-lethal weapons if not going for non-lethal kills all way through then just do non-lethal kills on the BnB's its worth it for all the beauty heads and the Solar Gun at the end of the game but remember to get the statues.

How To Beat Boss Fights

Frog's Attack
Ok this is easy just get your Mk2. Pistol shoot them only with that gun then when you arrive at the garage after cutscene look in the garage there will be a statue pick it up.

Laughing Octopus
Put you Night Vision (NV) on makes her easier to see and also you can see where she is on the map use your Mk2. Pistol or the Mosin-Nagant ill give code for guns at END keep shooting her till eventually she should get angry and start rolling at you what will take a chunk of life off of you jump through the windows (not the ones that are around the sides of the building.

Laughing Beauty
If you did non-lethal on Boss a statue should be on a bed in one of the rooms pick it up then take out sleeping beauty with your Mk2-Mosin Done your first proper boss.Non-Lethally L. Beauty Camo
and after you finish you get face camo

Raging Raven
Ok this fight is very easy just keep shooting the Gliders with lethal gun to make Raven mad make sure your on the top floor its the easiest place for this but still watch out for the Gliders shooting at you shes got a G-Launcher so dont expect it to not hurt much get your Mk2-Mosin and start shooting you should get atleast 1 shot in between her shooting and your dodging she'll stick around as long as you keep dodging or you'll have to keep shooting Gliders.

Raging Beauty
Aslong as you did what i said about non-lethal then you'll have a statue waiting on the top floor.Non-lethally you get R. Beauty Camo.Oh ye also you get the G-launcher

Crying Wolf
For this fight your gonna want NV its particully hard since a blizzard is brewing and you can't see normally for this only the Mosin will worth well 4 headshots and you win non-lethally but also for lethal use your M14 Rifle go to the two big buildings where they are partly destroyed go up them to the 2nd lvl and sniper the Wolf in the head.

Crying Beauty
The statue ovcourse if done non-lethal is behind where you started if you kill non-lethal you'll get C. Beauty Camo.Oh ye did i forget a huge Rail Gun for your own use.

Vamp
This is the annoying fight for some people all you have to do is shoot vamp till he falls to the floor with non-lethal or get his HP is very low then CQC him equip your syringe that Naomi gave you and use it on vamp by pressing triangle.

Suicide Gekko
Easy just blast away with your big rail gun but only shoot at lvl 3 power or it won't kill Gekko in one.

Rex vs Ray
My fav fight we finally get to use some Metal Gear First you have 2 choices go through the base as fast as posible or keep shooting Gekko for DP. When your out the real action will start just use the Gattling Gun and the Missile Launcher and after a though minutes it willl be destroyed.

Screaming Mantis
There are three stages to this but all you have to do is first use Mk2 to put the men asleep you'll thank me when you do the boss fight is you use Mk2 Eventually they will all be asleep Screaming Mantis will appear and take control of you the men and meryl dont shoot meryl only use Mk2 on her but first use syringe on yourself to get rid of the Mantis's control then use any lethal gun on the men till there all dead keep fighting till she puts a gun to meryl's head then use Mosin or Mk2 to shoot at here Mantis Doll you only need the yellow doll so only shoot it 4 times with non-lethal guns then she'll drop it and you can pick it up pick it up fast and equip it then use it on her and do what it says to do.

Screaming Beauty
The statue if done non-lethal is behind where you started in the small alley.At end you should have S. Beauty Camo and 1-2 dolls perpends if you went for both.

Snake vs Liquid/Liquid Ocelot/Ocelot
This is just a fist fight he uses 3 main attacks in 4 phases

First Phase
he uses same attack's as you just keep hitting him till the next Phase

Second Phase
He'll start to do a lunge attack be warned its his most powerfull attack on the next Phase its easier

Third Phase
He uses head butt's know but you can also aswell finally keep doing this till the dramatic scene

Fourth Phase
Ok this is the easy part of it just keep hitting each other till the end you just keep going in slow-mo

Cheats
1911 Pistol: Enter "1aytmmymhk" as a password.
Desert Eagle Long Barrel: Enter "deskyhstyl" as a password.
Mk. 23 (SOCOM from Metal Gear Solid): Enter "mekakorkkk" as a password.
Mosin Nagant: Enter "mnsoymsyhn" as a password.
Patriot: Enter "pkhhnwhsjt" as a password.
Scanning Plug S: Enter "skynytktjp" as a password.
Thor .45-70: Enter "tshsniammr" as a password.
Type 17 Pistol: Enter "jmsotsynrn" as a password.
Altair costume: Enter "aottrykmyn" as a password.
Drebin Facecamo : Enter "dntkkhktmm" as a password.
"Desperate Chase" iPod song: Enter "THOMAS" as a password.
"Gekko" iPod song: Enter "GEORGE" as a password.
"Midnight Shadow" iPod song: Enter "THEODORE" as a password.
"Mobs Alive" iPod song: Enter "ABRAHAM" as a password.
"Subsistence Action" iPod song: Enter "smgo2play" as a password.
Complete the game to get these cheats unlocked
Otacon codes

In Act 4: Shadow Moses - Nuclear Warhead Storage B2, when at Otacon's office, he will ask you for the code. Enter one of the following codes instead of the one that Otacon mentions to get the corresponding bonus:

100,000 DP: Enter "14893" as a code.
"Opening - Old L.A. 2040" iPod song: Enter "78925" as a code. This song increases Snake's accuracy.
"Policenauts Ending" iPod song: Enter "13462" as a code. This song causes soldiers held by Snake to fall asleep when touched.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #70
Unregistered

Quote:
I like when people just gloat and lie. How could somebody beat the game in three hours??? The cutscenes are like 5 hrs long. I've played every game in the series and that is not possible what so ever.

Hey if you don't know how to kill vamp or mantis get a walkthrough or google it. IGN walkthroughs are pretty nice.
You can skip cutscenes. Ill tell you the secret........during a cutscene, press start, then select skip. DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHH!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #71
Unregistered

Quote:
so how do you beat flying mantis? I have worked on her and not been able to do it. I also only have 4 rations and nothing else.
All you have to do is shoot the dolls until they fall off (One is Physco Mantis and the other is The Sorrow.) I would shoot off both dolls (Seriously, playing with people's dead bodies is pretty fun.), however you only need the MANTIS doll. After you get the Mantis doll, equip it and shoot it at Screaming Mantis. Hold L1 and just shake the controller..
Old 01-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #72
Unregistered

I'm playing through MGS4 for the 9th time and I just completed the 1st act and I went on to South America. I was using the really crappy million DP gun and all of the sudden a friggen TORNADO came through and picked up every single body that I had killed or was still alive and made them all drop everything they had on them..Has this happened to any one else?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #73
Unregistered

eh dude go to the weapons manual and select that gun and press L1 then read what it saids!! and by the way when u face vamp how about selecting a pistol then grab him. and after finishing the game skip the videos and wait then later u can use your weapons from a preveous game on the new 1 but snake needs to encounter metal gear II aka mark 2
Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 AM   #74
Unregistered

Smile Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
I've tried killing vamp i got him down to no psyche stood behind him then tried grabbing him with the cqc but all i suceed in doing is throwing him to the floor. what am i doing wrong ? he's beginnig to get on my nerves now lol

you need to first get him down to his psyche and then when you do that, you need to take out your syringe and then give him a shot of the syringe while you are CQCing him. Good luck
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #75
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
i beat the game in just under 4 hours and got the wolf emblem on the first time through using big boss hard mode

elite gamers rule!!!!!
You get so excited I think you should have a big box of Kleenex to clean up your spill. Hard mode is supposed to mean the game difficulty, not what you get from spewing anonymous lies.

Nobody believes you and nobody cares. Good luck in 7th grade.