About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
Unregistered

Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Dear All

Finally I have the secret to all your desires. Start drinking early in the day. Get the family round for some friendly competition.

many drinks later, my sister, in her fouth run, first jump, scored 199 metres.

She leant all the way forward after take off!!

Harder the push off, better the distance. Get the speed, 60 mph, hard push, lean forward.

Couldn't be easier.

D
Old 06-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #17
Unregistered

With the boxing - it gives you the tip on the screen to do it on the beat - with the timing. That's how I've been able to get over 300 for my score. Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #18
Unregistered

To add to that (the boxing) when you do it on the beat, you get double the points (2 instead of 1). And at the end where you get to freestyle it - just keep one foot off the board and go for small movements to get as many punches in as possible - I just left-right-left-right-left-right as fast as I can. The movements there are maybe 2 inches apart. That adds quite a bit of score on the end.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
Unregistered

don't lean forward after you jump. You'll get longer distances if you aim your center of balance for the cross hairs.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:38 AM   #20
Unregistered

Question Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Is there a way to increase the speed of the strength exercises and games?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #21
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there a way to increase the speed of the strength exercises and games?
I don't believe that's possible, but the more you advance, the more reps you can do. I believe there's some value to doing some of the exercises in a slower, more controlled motion.

Chi
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #22
Unregistered

Tips for ski jumping:

1. Keep your knees bent, arms behind you (either holding the remote with both hands behind your back, or off to the sides like the mii does) during the descent. This pose helps keep the dots aligned. Keep the feet wide with the toes just off the front of the balance board.

2. Jump at the last possible moment (it seems that risk-taking is rewarded), pushing off QUICKLY and hard. The harder you push, the higher you seem to go.

3. The REALLY important part is to keep the dot RIGHT ON THE CENTERLINE while you fly through the air. Even a slight lean right or left of the centerline will shorten the distance.

For rhythm boxing, note that the name is RHYTHM boxing, so you HAVE to "get" the rhythm. Try to match the feet, and punch the targets just as they appear. If you time it perfectly, you get double points.

For slalom, we've found the best footing if you put the toes just over the corners of the balance board. This seems to be ideal for keeping the dot in the blue bar (which keeps you going very fast), while allowing you to lean back on your heels to slow down a little through the middle part. At first, when you go fast, you'll find that you seem to miss everything. But keep going fast, and keep practicing, and you'll rapidly keep getting better. We're getting through now in 40-45 seconds, with no misses on advanced. Keep your movements SMALL when the gates don't require you to fly from side to side.

For table tilt, advanced level 8, it may help to allow some of the balls to drop off the edge. When the board spins (as it does whenever the balls fall down), some of the balls will be directed near the holes.

For the tightrope walk, my son notes that you can do this without actually lifting your feet. For me, it works best if I alternate going up onto tiptoes on each foot, but he just rocks side to side. Keep your upper body as still as you can while you move your feet. Make sure you're balanced before you jump to get over the teeth.
Good luck, and have FUN!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #23
Unregistered

Smile Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

I've been doing a lot of ski jumping, and have been doing this to get good jumps.

My longest single jump has been 197 (crashed on the other)
and my highest total score so far is 382.

1. keep the speed up... but I also noticed that even on my longest jumps... even though I pulled off the blue dot for a moment, twice (not on purpose), I got my highest score of 197 in a single jump.

side note... when the speed turns from black to red... what does that mean? Do you want to get in the red speed? or is that too fast? I believe you should get red... but I'm not 100% sure.

2. I found that jumping earliest has worked the best... as soon as you cross that red line. I'm guessing that gives you the rest of the ramp to stabilize your balance after you stand up. It's only a tenth of a sec... but enough to get rid of that slight wobble when you stand.

3. MOST important is staying centered (left and right)... I have not noticed that it matters if you are leaning forward or backward, I've gotten good scores either way. But try to not move that dot at all. Especially side to side.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
michelle25

hi just a question. i have unlocked the free jog/run it says in the wii fit booklet to collect the characters mario,stars etc but it doesnt tell you how. i see them when i am running it but cant collect them.
please help
michelle25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #25
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

you are all doing it wrong the strategy for the ski jump on wii fit is to get the red dot inside the blue dot in the top right corner to increase speed and then jump at the last second to get a good distance and also stand upright and stand very still.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
Unregistered

Cool Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Hey, Anyone got 400m metres yet?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #27
Unregistered

The two main keys to the ski jump are take off speed and stability in flight. Basically for maximum distance you must take off at 60 mph and keep the red dot on the center line with as little side to side motion as possible.

I make sure that the red dot stays where the yellow dot is during the start up.

Also, I put my feet forward on the board and touching the center line on the board.

Using these tips I have been able to achieve a personal best of 396. I have made a few 200m jumps. I have heard rumors of 202m jumps but I have never done that well.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is a blue staionary dot on the right side. The red dot is your center of balance, you want to get the two dots to be ontop of each other and thats it. thats how you get to go so fast.
wow thats not right its supposed to be right on the dot
Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #29
Unregistered

Has anyone had problems with the Wii board that they aren't able to do the ski jump? Set up my parents machine on the weekend and everything was fine except the ski jump would always fail.

Have my own wii fit at home and don't have a problem with the ski jump, so I am assuming it is not that I have the wrong technique.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
Ranleth

Smile Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

If you snowball every time it could be caused by using someone elses Wii. If they're a different weight, etc it will find it hard to pick up movements.