About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #136
Unregistered

Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

this game is sick i don't know what people are dissing it for...all the new games rite now look great..nhl tiger woods nba live are sick this year...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #137
Unregistered

my NBA live 08 doesn't seem to be working.
it loads then freezes at the title only.

what can i do
Old 12-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #138
alessandro

Help please. I updated the rosters the other day, and i works fine. But when i go to dynasty mode and star, all the teams use the default roster: the roster of 2007 i think. So its really pissing me off. I want to play in dynasty mode with the rosters of 09-10. Hope there is way to do it. Let me know soon.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #139
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
Help please. I updated the rosters the other day, and i works fine. But when i go to dynasty mode and star, all the teams use the default roster: the roster of 2007 i think. So its really pissing me off. I want to play in dynasty mode with the rosters of 09-10. Hope there is way to do it. Let me know soon.
You just have to save roster, turn rookie and fantasy draft off
Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #140
Unregistered

Cool Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

I really like the game just feel as if at times it is unrealistic. i am ok with everything except for 2 things...no Force trade in dynasty and the times hwere i go to shoot and they'll block it but its not really a block and if i look at the box score they don't count it as a steal or a block, only a turnover.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #141
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
you just have to save roster, turn rookie and fantasy draft off
bawlzzsack!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #142
JamieCain94

Need help. My NBA Dynasty mode won't let me carry on past the 2008 season, does anyone know how you carry it on?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #143
Unregistered

Cool Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

As i mentioned earlier the game is not changed a lot, so basically many of the old strategies still work. Easiest way to get easy points is to steal the ball from the other team. There are two main strategies dedicated to doing that.
The first one is the following. You have scored a basket, made an offensive foul or turned over the ball. So the other team has a inboud play. And this is a very important part of building quickly a high score. To execute this strategy you need to have very athletic point guard. Most of the way before the inboud play is started you are automatically switched to your point guard. He needs to have good speed and quickness rating for example something around 80 for both ratings. Try to move your close to the back of the player of the other team that is supposed to receive the inbound pass. As soon as the passer seems to move press Sprint left(or right depends on your PG position) plus forward(or back depends on your PG position) and in that moment press the opposite comand. I dont know if this is very clear how it happens but i will tell you an example. So you are close behind the player that i supposed to receive the inbound pass. The player behind the line throws the ball and you press forwad plus left that way you move in front of the player in and the ball hits your body (your PG i mean) and it goes the other way so thats why you have to press the other position so your player catches the ball. It is quite simple. You have to try it. Expirement with it and you will get very familiar with it very quickly. I have managed to get 27 steal with jordan farmar. A player with better awarenesses is more suitable for doing that also.
The other strategy is also very simple. It is executed in your paint area the most. You can have it executed anywhere on the floor. The idea here is to get everyone of your team moving. That way a pass may hit anyone of your team in his body, interupt the pass and run a qucik attack. To get that done play more double team. Quick plays on defense speed the game up and confuse the PC/player is it possible to make many mistakes. Low passes are mostly stolen playing up tempo D.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #144
baller girl

can any1 say y the game keeps crashing after 5minutes, a solution would also b realy appreciated
Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #145
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, there's something i don't get about this game, why is it that after i put lebron jame's 3 point shot up to 90, his hot spot outside the arc is still blue and i cant make a decent 3 pointer? Its almost as if the player edit is useless.
= that's because the hot spots gratly affect the shooting abillity of a player, in a cold spot you will be cold even if you have a 90 3pt rating.
also have you ever heard of taking it to the rim.
p.s. pick up francico garcia he's hot in every 3pt spot and has an 89 rating and lebron is an average 3pt shooter anyway so please don't make him a 90 it's anoying.
yes i no i can't spell, KD for the win.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #146
Unregistered

Angry Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
How Do You Do The Go To Moves Its Complicated?
no it's not use the derecional stick
Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #147
Unregistered

Angry Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Well I think someone said that allready but here what I found out they made it actually more simple, you start a game in dynasty then simply setup your players the way you want them and confirm with start or X then go out of the game again and back in you will see you still have the same setup... and I figured out this setup stays until someone is injured or whatever else happens. it like that now I only cant understand why they dont explain the go-to moves better, I am trying hard to figure it out, the game is not bad, much better playable then their last attempt.
I play in allstar mode right now and manage to beat some good teams and in live 07 no chance without changing the settings not even in easy mode!

Yeah I am also pissed for not having all players in the teams, can someone tell me fucking why. I bought the game and I was all hungry to see what yoakim noah has to offer and oops no noah! what a shame.

SAD
he's in the x-box 360 version, and his name is joekim, you ideot