About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Industry News

Notices

Old 02-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #46
gamevet

Re: So, the PS4 then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
I still see no reason to buy one of those new boxes, considering my adequate gaming pc and the fact that my ps3 can handle all the entertainment stuff quite well.
I took the money I would have spent to buy a PS4 from Amazon and picked up an EVGA GTX 780 Classified for my PC.

I'll wait on the PS4, until Sony has an adequate amount of exclusive games I want to play. I plan on catching up with the games I haven't played on the PS3 and 360 for now.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #47
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Oh, I picked up my PS4 this morning, as MLB The Show is out on Wednesday.

Literally there is nothing else to play on there that I like. I'm in the US store now trying to add credit so I can buy the Show. I played a little Fez, that I got on cross-buy I guess.

The controller is really nice.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #48
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

I'm picking up MLB The Show tomorrow. I am not good at baseball games though.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #49
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

I still don't fully understand the difference between baseball and cricket, except that the latter takes 5 days.

:P

In other news: if the rumors that there is a new Souls game coming out exclusively for PS4, directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki himself, then you see me instantly buying one of those shiny machines. Even if it would just be the Project Beast/Demon's Souls 2-Machine.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #50
Pedro
128-bit Poster

And of course Sony bungle again - the digital download (preorder) is not working on Day 1. There are a lot of angry people out there.

Just goes to show you should never preorder. I have the excuse that the game is only available digitally for me. Disappointing though.

Abfackeln! Hello! I agree that the game is hugely intimidating; in fact I really only ever play as a pitcher in Road to The Show mode. But there is a lot there to get your teeth into if you approach it slowly.

Baseball is an amazing game, really nuanced. A huge amount of it is psychology. There is nothing quite like it.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #51
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Not all is rosy. For one thing I was unaware of Sony's digital game policy. I sometimes download stuff from the US store, and once that was installed on my PS3, any user could play it.

However, now that is locked to my US account, and is only shared if I set the both accounts as the primary account on the machine. So no big deal really, except that the multiplayer is tied to the PSN account that it is bought with - so you need a PS+ account for both....I think. Haven't been able to test out multiplayer for The Show yet (some of it is linked to 'stubs' which have to be bought in the store, and I guess that would mean only accessing that content on the US account).

That has ramifications for DLC (would DLC work across accounts) if you originally bought the game on physical disc, and makes buying Madden on the US Store a no-no for me as it is all about the multiplayer and I need that to work.

Hmmmm.

Edit: Also you can only share gameplay videos through Facebook or Twitter
Old 05-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #52
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

After what I learned to hate about how PSN handles the fact when you move countries (or better doesn't handle it), I am not at all surprised to hear this.

They are just one notch above Nintendo in terms of understanding what the Internet is. I have to say in this respect Xbox live still beats all the others, since it:
a) doesn't discriminate platforms and using on my pc and xbox 360 is viable
b) had no problem with me switching countries from NL to UK

There wasn't any problem with steam either, but there I sometimes run in really funny issues if I want to e.g. take advantage of a steam sale but can't since I happen to reside in a country that is not eligible at that point in time.