About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Industry News

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #31
gamevet

Re: So... the XBox One then...

The Xbone is not $100 better than the PS4.

I'm not buying either console this year, but I may buy the PS4 in late summer of 2014, when there are more titles available. MS needs to step it up if they plan on swaying gamers away from purchasing a PS4 over an Xbox One.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #32
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

What really surprised me is that Microsoft botched the online services at launch. The Xbox live service on 360 got the reputation of being worth the money and is widely considered superior over PSN. But instead of keeping the winning team, they replaced it with some weird twitter-esque follower system which confuses the hell out of people. I've been hearing that it's gotten pretty much impossible to get into a game together with some mates. Why? What? How? How could they mess that up?

Also, the dashboard is designed with kinect in mind. Which would perhaps be fine if kinect works 100% at the time, but it doesn't. If there are other people in the room, if there are pets in the room they can mess up browsing the menu. Also, it's always listening for game specific commands, even when talking via skype. And just imagine you're having friends over and want to play some movie on Xbox "Ok, everybody be quiet now... XBOX, play game of thrones" ??? "XBox, PLAY... GAME... OF... THRONES..." xbox starts game 'Off Road Challenge'. Everybody in the room will hate you forever.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #33
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

So... I have an Xbox One now...

Actually I have had it for over a month. I am the guinea pig for new consoles. I currently make good money, so why not spend it. I said to myself if I saw a Day One Edition on the shelf I'd buy it. I saw one so I bought it. Not that a Day One edition is all that special.

My experience has been okay so far. The Twitter-like feed of friends is a little weird. Can't complain too much because the system is so young. There isn't a lot of content yet.

The games I have included: Forza 5, CoD Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct (Full Game), Max, & Halo Spartan Assault (or something).

Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct have been the most fun so far.

The combat is finally how I wanted it in Dead Rising 3. Walking out of a tunnel and seeing a sea of zombies is really cool.

Killer Instinct only having 6 fighters is a major rip-off, but it plays really well and I want the franchise to continue so I bought the full version. Even have the classic arcade game.

Forza is still my favorite racing sim. Now it is prettier. I haven't been sucked into DLC yet.

Overall I am fine with purchase. I like the games I have and would of bought one in March anyways for Titan Fall. I wasn't going to get a PS4 and a Xbone at the same time anyways and I'll purchase a PS4 in March for inFamous 3.

I'll only purchase exclusive games for the Xbox One and everything else on the PS4. That is kind of what I did last gen too.

Last edited by abfackeln; 01-08-2014 at 03:07 PM.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #34
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Ha ha, I had to talk myself out of buying a PS4 at the weekend. This was easy enough though, as I looked at the released games and the only one I am interested in is Don't Starve (which I'll probably hate) which is on PS+ this weekend. I couldn't care less about anything else that is out now, and this year's releases don't look too hot either.

I'll probably buy it on Saturday.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote