About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Next-Gen Console Games

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
dowdell
New Poster

nba 2k12 thread

What are your thoughts on 2k12? Personally I prefer 2k11, 2k12 is annoying for the most part. Too many necessary turnovers, AI that cheats etc etc.
dowdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: nba 2k12 thread

Don't know about 2K12, I'm afraid, as I don't like basketball at all. Do you play any other sports games? Are you getting Madden this year!?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
dowdell
New Poster

I am from Australia so don't really know much about NFL, though I heard Madden is a fairly solid game. The last NFL game I played was NFL Blitz 2000!
dowdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdell View Post
I am from Australia so don't really know much about NFL, though I heard Madden is a fairly solid game. The last NFL game I played was NFL Blitz 2000!
Madden is not that great, but it is the only option now.

I prefer real football anyway... the game played with the feet and not the hands.

Pedro, do you follow American football, or just play the video games? What teams do you follow?

What gets me is how big EA is and how ugly their games are. I tried the demo for their college (American) football game and I couldn't get past how bad the graphics were. It looked like a N64 game. Reeealy bad textures.

I have NBA 2K11, but never got around to playing NBA 2K12. I like the NBA 2K series. Maybe I'll pick up 2K13.

Last edited by abfackeln; 07-15-2012 at 10:15 PM.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Great, a conversation about Madden that I totally missed! I'm not sure that 'show posts since your last login' function really works.

Sorry Abfackeln, to reply to your Q:

Madden is the only sports game I play - even though I should be more into soccer, these games are so complicated now that I find you can only really get good at one...so even though I had PES last year, I didn't have the time to invest to get good at it.

I lived in the San Diego for a few years, and used to go to the Chargers and Padres games (when they were good a few years ago - it's hard to believe now) so that's where my interest in American sport comes from.

I still follow those teams - I have NFL GamePass and MLBTV so I keep an eye on things. I moved to San Francisco for a while too and like the As (couldn't support the Giants after the Padres, though I am happy to see them win again this year).

I got Madden a couple of years ago on a whim to join a franchise on a UK board I used to follow, and after tearing my hair out for a while I eventually got to grips with it. I love it now, but am in a UK franchise that plays twice a week.

Sure, there is plenty wrong with the game, but I love how they have modelled a complex game so well (even though playing one team over another doesn't differ in feel that much).
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

[quote=Pedro;203407]

I lived in the San Diego for a few years.../QUOTE]

Oh, that makes sense.

I love California and hope to move out there someday. Very different weather than the UK I am sure.

My brother moved to Santa Monica two years ago and I made a few trips out there this year. Got to catch a LA Galaxy match to see David Beckham before he left (leaves after tomorrow's game actually). Irish footballer Robbie Keane was there as well.

I bought FIFA 13 and NBA 2K13. It does take a lot of time to get really good at sports games. I prefer faster games like soccer, hockey, and basketball. Those are the sports I played when I was younger.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Pedro
128-bit Poster

US Soccer has come on a long way in the last 5 years or so. I'm not sure that Robbie Keane will contribute much to the cause though

CA is great, I had a fantastic time there. I was watching the Chargers game last week and they cut to an outdoor ice rink in Coronado and everyone on it was skating around in their shorts and t-shirts.

I may still get into FIFA, maybe next year; huge barrier to entry, time-wise, as you say though.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
US Soccer has come on a long way in the last 5 years or so. I'm not sure that Robbie Keane will contribute much to the cause though
Robbie Keane had a good second half of the season with the Galaxy, but he isn't breaking any barriers for pro-soccer in the US.
I heard a newspaper printed a picture of Keane and Beckham at a Lakers game and captioned Keane as "unknown Lakers fan."
Old 12-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abfackeln View Post
I heard a newspaper printed a picture of Keane and Beckham at a Lakers game and captioned Keane as "unknown Lakers fan."
That is great