About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > GameCritics.com Discussion > Community User Submissions

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
kutzki
New Poster

Rate This Review: CoD Modern Warefare 2 Multiplayer - Team Deathmatch (Xbox 360)

(Xbox 360) Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 Multiplayer - Team Deathmatch

High: Killstreaks are a great part of the game and, if used effectively can be a great asset when you're in a tight spot. Use a killstreak right and you'll be in first place every game.

Low: Squeakers and ragers. I have nothing against any of the aforementioned people but if you're in a game and have a headset on, turn the voice volume down a lot. Squeakers tend to have twitchy mics that go off at random points in time so when, for example, you're in a game and you're about to snipe the guy that's shooting at a teammate and suddenly a high-pitched squeal goes off in your ear, you won't be bothered. It can get very strenuous when playing with Ragers. Ragers like to cuss, shout, scream, and all-around be loud, obnoxious and extremely annoying. If you want a calm, quiet game, I'd suggest going into a team tactical game as those require teamwork and effort on everyone's part.

WTF: When you knife an enemy in the back and your teammate gets the kill. WTF?

If you plan on playing this by yourself, it's best to try and find some friends on Xbox Live that are willing to play with you as it tends to be much more fun that way. If you enjoy playing by yourself, turn your voice chat off, and let the games begin. This game is good for those who like to either run in and go kamikaze on the enemy or like to quickscope. If you plan on doing slow and long range sniping, this game probably isn't for you as you'll get shot pretty fast. If you do play with friends, make sure you can communicate with them clearly so that the both of you know who is shooting at what, and where.

This game requires patience, the ability to stay calm in relatively stressful or tense situations, and the ability to have fun. If you have good eye-hand coordination, you'll love this game. If you don't, this game is a pretty good game to teach you to be better at it.

Another great pro about CoD is that it tends to be easier for many more people than any of the other Call of Duty games. If you like shooting, having fun with friends, and relaxing, then this game is for you. There are a variety of other games that let you do those things, but this one seems to be enjoyed by many.

Parents: If your kid is younger than 12, this might not be the game for him. If you don't want him to be exposed to swearing and or kids being mean or teasing your child, then this game might not be for your kid. If you don't mind a little bit of swearing and/or your kid being teased, then this is alright. Most kids manage, but be cautious when picking games that have a multiplayer feature, like the Call of Duty Series.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing: This game requires attention and the ability to hear what is going on around you. If you know what's going on in your surroundings, you should be fine, but if not, then I wouldn't suggest playing this game.

Disclosures: This game was obtained via retail store and reviewed on the Xbox 360. Approximately 20+ hours of play was devoted to single-player modes (completed 1 time) and 70+ hours of play to multiplayer modes.
kutzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Rate This Review: CoD Modern Warefare 2 Multiplayer - Team Deathmatch (Xbox 360)

Hallo Kutzki

There are a couple of issues with this review that jump out right off the bat:

The High/Low/WTF bit looks to be almost as long as the review itself. Make the Low bit more succinct.

The review is pretty short (236 words). It could do with being a bit longer.

The review doesn't tell me much about the game. Imagine that you are talking to someone who has never played CoD. You need to explain the premise of the game, differentiate between the single player and multiplayer modes.

Then move on to what the game does well, in your opinion, and what it does badly. If you explain all this, then you don't have to do guesswork on the part of the reader (eg this game is/isn't for you if...). They will be then able to judge for themselves.

Hope this helps

Edit: also, spelling mistake in review title needs to be corrected.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Rate This Review: CoD Modern Warefare 2 Multiplayer - Team Deathmatch (Xbox 360)

I'm giving this 5 stars just for the parental warning near the bottom of the review. I am confused why you just review the deathmatch here though, since you say you completed the single player anyway. Ideally, this needs a complete rewrite, it's kind of messy. But keep the parental warning.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough

I think the warning could be expanded into a short article. The review needs a complete rewrite.

If you, as a writer, make a bunch of assumptions that the reader already knows what you, as the writer, is talking about, then the conclusion from that logic is that there's no point reading the review at all.

The review needs to be ABOUT something,

NOT that you think the game is OK
or it's better than the LAST one.

A review is not about the GAME, it's about YOU.
What did you feel, think, were impressed by, what disappointed you, etc. What impressions did the game make on you?

an example of an impression would be like

'when I played the demo of the new X-Com: Enemy Unknown, I had the feeling the developers weren't sure if I'd ever played a strategy game before, there was so much hand-holding in the explanation of tactics.'

A review should flesh out your opinion, and your opinion is who you are. Bring yourself to the review.
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote