About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Next-Gen Console Games

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: Dragons Dogma

Ha ha, that sounds great! I was looking at the 'Take Less Damage from a Fall' skill earlier and wondering what possible use it could be, but now I know!

I got around my shield issue by equipping a 'Shield Bash' skill and mapping it to the light attack key, so now at the very least I hit the enemy with my shield. Previously it was mapped to the 'Hey Enemies! Focus all your attacks on me!" skill, which was a disaster.

I have enlisted Abfackeln's mage, but my session today was mostly spent in menus levelling up and buying equipment from the vendor who I missed in the Encampment. Someone has been lost from the village, and I also fancy visiting Dripwater Cave before heading for the city.....
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

I still haven't had what I felt to be a real solid session with Dragon's Dogma.

I did enlist both of your pawns and did some dungeon crawling this morning in the main town.

Still enjoying it quite a bit. Hopefully I'll get some more play time later today. I am a little distracted by preparing for a new job that I start in a couple of weeks and the Euro 2012.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Pedro
128-bit Poster

I don't know how successful the whole gifting thing is. Firstly, you only seem to be able to give general inventory crap, stuff like herbs etc.

Secondly, if you equip pawns and send them back, they reappear without any of the gear you've bought them. I don't know if this eventually goes to the owner but I suspect not - it probably only lasts as long as the pawn is with you.

What is RC used for? Just cosmetic changes?

I am also receiving a lot of rocks from someone.

I like Zakalwe's new helm - pretty sweet. I have a photo of the entire party but keep forgetting my memory stick at work so can't post it here...
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

I'd love to hire your pawns for a while but they are quite low level and I'm afraid they would just get eaten alive against the likes of the cockatrice... but I should just get them for a group photo and some strolling around the countryside

The RC are used for hiring higher level pawns, buying elixirs to change the behaviour of your pawn and cosmetic changes.

I've played as warrior for a while and now I went back to Magick Archer, but I wonder if I should try out Assassin or Strider instead. I am going to hunt down some flying creatures and there it's a bit annoying of not having ranged weaponry at my disposal, regardless of how much fun it might otherwise be to play warrior.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
Kin Korn Karn

Dangit, do I need to return my 360 copy (bought it used) for PS3 version so I can use your pawns?
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Yes, at least I couldn't find the pawn of a friend of mine who bought it on XBox. Almost everyone I know got it for the PS3. The reports of terrible screen tearing with the XBox-version might have been a reason for that.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #22
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Yes, get it on PS3.

Great game so far! There was a moment the other night when my party was attacked by a - is it a griffin? Big Eagle/Lion with wings type thing. So he was eventually driven away and flew off out over the ocean, and for a split second I thought he'd plucked Abfackeln's pawn up in his talons and carried her out to sea, to be lost forever. I was thinking, 'Man, how am I going to explain this?'.

Of course, we found her unconscious in a ditch, and the game most likely doesn't even have emergent stuff like that, but the very fact that I could think it shows how original the game is and what potential I'm ascribing to it - in my mind, anything could happen. Excellent stuff.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Actually, stuff like that can happen. Ogres attack female characters first and apparently sometimes grab them and run off with them never to be seen again. The pawn wouldn't be lost forever, but you would have to get to a riftstone and get it again.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Ploughing on with the main quest after a rather odd interlude with the Duchess.

Is anyone doing the Notice Board quests? I saw somewhere else that a lot of them feed into the lore of the main game, telling you stuff you wouldn't hear otherwise. However, for my sanity I'm going to do the main quest only (lesson learned after starting the Skyrim main quest only 50 hours in and never finishing it).
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
Kin Korn Karn

Well, there are a few "kill X many of this creature" type quests, which are good. You are most likely going to kill at least X of each anyhow, so may as well get some more experience for that.
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote