About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Movies & Television

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Sherlock

Thanks to the ign.uk-podcast I stumbled over the TV series Sherlock by the BBC. Unlike the Film currently in the cinemas, this series is a modern day re-imagination of Arthur Conan Doyle's eccentric investigator. And it's briliant! You might recognize the chap playing Dr. Watson from the trailer to the Hobbit, where he plays Bilbo. Oh and don't wonder if you see Sherlock showing up in the next Star Trek movie.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou
Re: Sherlock

It's a cool show. I tried it because I'd heard one of the bigwigs behind the new Doctor Who series is one of the creators. It definitely has a similar vibe at times, which is a great thing IMO. I'm still waiting for the latest three episodes to show up on Netflix.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Virgil012
New Poster

I've been enjoying the show so far. Good acting, fun storylines, it's a nice take on the character, and despite liking Guy Ritchie's films quite a bit, I enjoy the BBC take even more.

I too was drawn to the show because Steven Moffat (of Doctor Who) was writing the show. Now I'm hooked.

And I also recently noticed that Sherlock also had a role in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Virgil012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
BernardHibou
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 BernardHibou is an unknown quantity at this point

It's pretty good, although I find the quality of some of the second series to be a bit lacking, particularly the Hound of the Baskervilles episode (no spoilers, don't worry!). Overall though, Cumberbatch really nails the role, and I expect he'll be showing up in a lot more films/tv in the next few years.
BernardHibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardHibou View Post
It's pretty good, although I find the quality of some of the second series to be a bit lacking, particularly the Hound of the Baskervilles episode (no spoilers, don't worry!).
I agree that the second series was not as strong as the first. The Hound of Baskerville episode was particularly weak, compared to the rest of the series. It was the only episode where I found myself checking the clock a couple of times to see when it's finally over.