About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #19
Unregistered

Re: Supreme Ruler 2020 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

@ Rage Time

I understand your frustration on the difficulties in running egypt.

Here are some tips on how to fix it.

Before you even unpause the game the first time, you go to the defence minister screen, click on his portrait and switch off the options that allow him to build units. Let him handle the garrisons, anything else you want to do yourself.

Same goes for tax minister, dont let him handle social spending, he will bankrupt you.

Science minister is not allowed to do anything at all, you want to chose which techs to research and what units to research.

you can also lock your ministers from controlling each trade good, so if you want to stockpile military goods, lock the minister from the control of that item, turn the sales off.

To make money, i suggest actually just building way more military goods factories than you need, and lots of coal power plants.
Coal is the cheapest power until fusion.
Cheap energy makes your industry run cheaper, military goods are always in high demand, and you crank out all the military goods you can and sell them.

Grab some oilfields too, and your cash will just keep going up.

Im the one who wrote about the trade cheat before, and i never even bother to use it anymore, cause its easy to balance your economy, even when using a small country like israel or denmark.

Oh one very important thing to consider, only build industry in the land that is loyal to you, otherwise production takes a hit.