About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #211
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Thanks but I've already said that I've brought my Malibu!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #212
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

This is Kelly!

Forgot to say that Malibu is a black and white sheltie and she's getting on really well with Frankie!

I want to get my 3rd dog soon, so any ideas on what a breed a dog called Cara would suit??
Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #213
Unregistered

Cool Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i just thought i'd tell everyone what you get when you win the Nintendogs cup in the game it's a crown for your pup to wear it looks really cute on my golden retriever!
tell us how to get our pup to lie down/play dead for 5-10 seconds plz
Old 10-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #214
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

This is Kelly.

I just brought Cara! It didn't take me long because she's absolutely beautiful - she's a Blenheim Cavalier. Now I have all 3 of my babies!

The answer to your question is practise, practise, practise! If your dog doesn't listen to your actual command, you may have to re-teach it but thats only happened to me once. Also sometimes when your dog does a command, the treats on the right-hand side may flashing. If you give a treat to your dog when it flashes, it will be able to hold the trick for longer next time.

Does that all make sense? Feel free to ask any more questions!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #215
Unregistered

Reaaaaa ova heaaaaaaaa!

HAAIIIII IM SO PERKY ATM AND ITS 10 AT NIGHT OMGGG!!
So haiiiii, its meeeee!!!! my dog is called Bam and shes a grey poodle & she luuvs her play alright.. ;D. Shes getting so good at stuff now 8O still training her up, concentrating on the obedience trial, always hated it, but im so happy, shes so obedient!! Pro cupp alreadyy xx. Lure shes finished amatuer yesterday, so yeah, doing pro I think xx. Still not gon get another puppie 'till shes at master, atleast one comp ofc. Im in teh Uk btw xx. I havent got much money (800 quid I think) and owner points are like 600. Well i only started the game again a few dayss ago!

I dunno whut to write xx. Oooh yeah, Kelly, just a q, how do you always like, do the game so fast, and whut breeds(and colours) are ur dogs??

Thanks
Rea via 3DS

P.S. School on monday, how booooring (P.S. I got last friday off so yeah, I think we got the same amount off Kelly)xx
Old 10-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #216
Unregistered

Hey Rea It's me John
I understand that question was to Kelly but I have 28000 trainer points and my secret to get a lot of points is teaching your dog tricks! What I mean by that is improving their tricks. For every time you improve a trick you get around 15 trainer points and 15 doggie points for the dog. Do a few tricks without giving a treat then give the dog a treat when the treat sign starts blinking. Red. A secret for competitions is practicing. If you practice enough everyday your dog will be perfect. Be careful not to compete without practicing or you won't get as much money and trainer points. I don't think the breed matters just the personality. If the dog likes playing with its toys it might be a little hard to train but if its intelligent it will be good but won't be as social to other dogs. The more dogs you have the more points you can get in one day (2 dogs-400 points). My dog is a Husky named Choclate (14000 points) and I have two cats and a robodog named R.O.B. (I dont use R.O.B. he's been in the hotel since I got him, don't worry though I've only had him for like 3 days or something)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #217
Unregistered

(John)
Kelly, your from the UK correct? If so do you get Spotpass data from Nintendogs and what do they say? In the US, we get Presidents with a present and message attached just like Streetpass. Too bad the presents aren't version exclusive stuff like different colored pro discs, lures, collars, etc.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #218
Unregistered

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

This is Kelly - in the UK!

Rea : I haven't finished the game quickly! When I say I've reset it, I only mean I've donated my dogs. I have to say though, it took me quite a few months to finish it! I just found that training my dog and finishing all the competitions helped me unlock everything. Actually, I ended up having to play with my pups too - to get the 700-a-day trainer points! I'll check how many trainer points I have in a minute.

John : No I don't think we get anything from spotpass for nintendogs... You should Rea if she does, but I definately haven't.

oh yeh and my dogs are (for Rea) :

● Frankie - chocolate Labrador
● Malibu - black and white Sheltie
● Cara - blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Old 10-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #219
Unregistered

How do you get 700 points in 1 day? I thought you could only get 200 points per dog per day!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #220
Unregistered

Is it 700 trainer points or 700 dog points? I can only get 200 for 1 dog.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #221
Unregistered

HAIIIIIII ITS REAA!!!

Q1: whuts the dif between dog points & trainer points??

Q2: Are owner points & trainer points the same thing?
Q2b:If theyre dif, whuts the diff?
Q2c: FORGOTTEN IT LOL

Q3:Where are dog points listed?

Q4: How many dog points can u get per day?

Q5: Thats it i think ;D
Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #222
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

This is Kelly.

Okaaayy Rea. Trainer points are the ones on your streetpass page. Dog points is the number that you see when you press your pets' picture, pn their profile. Pet points are technically happiness points and so basically depend on how much time you spend with your pet. You can get trainer points for pretty much everything.

I don't think there's a limit for pet points - I haven't checked. With trainer points I found that with 3 dogs, the limit was 700 per day.

Hope I've explained enough!
X
Old 10-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #223
rubygirl300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How Do You Get A Better Lure?

I've Been Stuck On Pro Cup And I've Been To Every Shop/Boutique!
well, u gotta wait to unlock better lures, also heres more hints:

leave ur 3ds on, on nintendogs, in ur home and leave it for 30mins then ur cat will come back with a gift.

special tricks: when you call ur dog over, he or she will run so fast that he or she will bark madly, that means ur dog will do the specail tricks. the special tricks are ,
backflip: tell ur dog to sit then jump
frontflip: tell ur dog to roll over then jump
high5:tell ur dog to situp or sitdown then say left/right paw.
bunnyhop: tell your dog to standup then jump

your cat may not know any tricks by heart, by they only know 1 trick. call ur cats name, it will wave their ears so meow. make sure give ur cat a treat after 5 times doing the trick!

last but not least, the heighest amount of money you can get is: 99,999.

how do i know all this? cause i.ve done them all, no lies

have fun :}
Old 10-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #224
Unregistered

Reeaaaaaaaaa ovaaaaaaaa heaaaaaaaaa!!

IVE GOT A YEAR GROUP TRIP ON TUES THE FIRST NOV!!! So yeah, thanks Kelly, one q:
where dif points are listed:
Dog = the profile whr u click the pic
Owner/trainer : streetpass
Pet = ??????????

Thnx
Rea via 3DS
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #225
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl300 View Post
last but not least, the heighest amount of money you can get is: 99,999.
I'm John
Yeah, I ran into this "problem" too but what I did was buy other thing(more collars, all the treats that are eligible to be bought, etc.) and used them to keep more money technically. I would then sell them whenever I needed them and I never do.