About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #91
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
me too!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!
I use the banana lure
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #92
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This is Kelly)

Just because your dog is pro cup, its still nowhere near nintendogs cup level! You still need to be practicing at the park as much as you can until your dog has got it perfect - this means catching the disk 9/10 times and retrieving without even being called back.

It takes a long time but your dog will get there. The good thing is that you won't need to retrain them!!

Feel free to ask anymore questions. X
Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #93
Unregistered

Question Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(newb question alert!) Ok, so I'm on a walk, and I go over to talk to someone, and she tells me about a boutique that only opens after it rains. Where is that boutique?! Or is the boutique she's talking about the BARC shops? I'm pretty sure those are open everyday...
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #94
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Unfortuantly, you havn't discovered a new boutique - they are just the BARC shops that she's talking about
Also I just thought that I'd add that from my experience, the BARC shops seem to appear randomly. However now that I've unlocked everything in the game, they are always there!

Does anyone else think that the "end" of the game comes as a shock and quite abruptly.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #95
PoeRaven

Hey, sorry to ask such a dumb question.
I've been trying to find the beach park to train my dog (Sherlock the Shiba) to run in sand but... I can't find it. I've been playing for about three days straight trying to find it, I know I've been there before but I just can't seem to get it.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #96
Unregistered

Wink Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

First of all, thank you, Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeRaven View Post
Hey, sorry to ask such a dumb question.
I've been trying to find the beach park to train my dog (Sherlock the Shiba) to run in sand but... I can't find it. I've been playing for about three days straight trying to find it, I know I've been there before but I just can't seem to get it.
It's not a dumb question !
Ok, just go to the beach and look for the sign that has a dog on it. I believe it's on the left side. However, I'm not sure you can find it until you dog gets to the pro cup level.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #97
PoeRaven

Quote:
First of all, thank you, Kelly.

It's not a dumb question !
Ok, just go to the beach and look for the sign that has a dog on it. I believe it's on the left side. However, I'm not sure you can find it until you dog gets to the pro cup level.
I'm at pro cup level... and perhaps I should have been more specific but.. I can't find the beach let alone the park. I can get to the mountain, the seaside, the town and the secret path but I can't for the life of me find the beach.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #98
PoeRaven

Ha ha, big surprise I'm a moron.

Turns out cause I've been playing so late in the day, the sand at the seaside park looks blue-green and more like grass.

I'm an idiot.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #99
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Okay, so there's no problem with the whole beach thing anymore?! If anyone is stuck with finding the beach, you have to take the sign to town and then look out for another sign on the right hand side that has palm trees on.

Is there anymore questions? - maybe from all of the guys that appeared yesterday, this forum has been so empty recently. X
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #100
Unregistered

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Okay, so the game now has this big sandpit in the middle of the throwing range in Pro disc contest.

What the heck am I supposed to do? I can't throw the disc at an angle, cause my pooch'll miss it. If I throw it through the pit, the sand slows my dog down, thus costing him a catch.

Am I supposed to train at the seaside beach park till he gets faster in the sand?
Ugh, this game really knows how to make it tough for those trying to train an all-star champion.
if you want to make your dog faster though the sand pits, train every day and he/she will be winning in no time. in 3 days my dog coco (shiba inu) won the nintendogs cup and ever since then we win every day. we have mostly got $3000... if you get 1st place in nintendogs cup twice in the disc, lure, and obedience trial competitions. keep training, and good luck!!!

-kj
Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #101
Unregistered

Cool Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I unlocked the robo-voucher thing and brought a robodog - their a waste of money!!! They are exactly the same as the furry dogs, only they have different sound effects. Oh and in my opinion, the piano is a waste of money too. It costs about 4000 and my cat didn't go near it!
[/quote]

ok, KELLY, not 2 B mean, but the robopup isn't a waste of money... HERE'S SOME ADVICE... IT COSTS 0 BUCKS.
i also have a robopup (leslie 07) and she is "like" the dogs, but the only difference is that she makes messed up noises and MY robopup has NEVER, EVER, POOPED. Just 2 say, i had another 1 before her, (123). And oh boy, he #2ed like crazy. i know what you mean, i just wanted to say a weird story...

and with the piano, if you give your cat some time, it will lie down on the piano keys... my cat Chip runs all around in ours, and makes a lot of noise... sometimes my dogs think it's like music, so they howl just like they do while watching our new flat screen TV! (i laugh)
so be patient, ang good luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #102
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Okay just to patch this up a bit, I posted that quite a long time ago!! I was just a little disappointed that I had spent time saving rubber tyres, wooden sticks etc to get the robo-dog voucher, only to find that the robo-dog was nothing special.

My cat never touched the piano! I must have waited about two months for her to sit on it and still nothing happened.
I'm not really a fan of any of the furniture in the game actually. In my house at the moment all I have is a dog bed and a fish tank! I used to have a tv but it didn't fit my room decor and my pets weren't interested in it. I also thought about substituting the dog bed for a sofa and my dogs wouldn't leave it alone and weren't interested in playing with their toys anymore!

Sorry this post has just been me moaning, but I felt someone should know about what I'm thinking!!
Actually speaking of thinking, I'm considering giving furniture another go. I brought a miniature schnauzer last week and she's into everything! Maybe I've just been choosing the wrong dogs...

Has anyone got questions about the game??

P.s. By the way, my new pup is called Frosty. I need to buy a little buddy for her so if anyone has got name suggestions please post them! I'm looking for an unusual and unique name
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #103
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Just a quick news flash from me! I've already had to donate Frosty to the hotel because she absolutely hated the cat. I don't even have the cat anymore because my cat in real life recently died and Kimba, my nintencat, looked too much like her.

So moving on from my story, I brought a cute little basset hound instead
I named him Dylan and I'm wanting to buy a buddy for him. If you have any suggestions please post them. I think I just had a jai ja vous moment!!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #104
Unregistered

Quote:
(This is Kelly)

Just a quick news flash from me! I've already had to donate Frosty to the hotel because she absolutely hated the cat. I don't even have the cat anymore because my cat in real life recently died and Kimba, my nintencat, looked too much like her.

So moving on from my story, I brought a cute little basset hound instead
I named him Dylan and I'm wanting to buy a buddy for him. If you have any suggestions please post them. I think I just had a jai ja vous moment!!
how about the name chai? that's what i named my cat
Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 AM   #105
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Thanks for your name idea but I'm going to wait until more people post their ideas until I make my decision!