About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #31
saza

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, I'm Stuck On Obedience Master Cup.

Whatever I Try, I Just Can't Get My Dog To Beg For 7 Seconds, The Highest I Can Get Is 6.

Any Advice?
yeah i have that problem but for the pro cup i cant get my dog to lie down for 5 seconds only 4 , how did you do it ??
Old 04-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #32
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

i just thought i'd tell everyone what you get when you win the Nintendogs cup in the game it's a crown for your pup to wear it looks really cute on my golden retriever!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #33
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
i just thought i'd tell everyone what you get when you win the Nintendogs cup in the game it's a crown for your pup to wear it looks really cute on my golden retriever!
this is for the Frisbee catch game
Old 04-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #34
Unregistered

Question Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I Know You Win The Crown For The Nintendogs Frisbee Cup.
I Know You Win The Collar For The Nintendogs Lure Coursing Cup.
What Do You Win When You Beat The Nintendogs Obedience Cup?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #35
Unregistered

Okay, you clearly need a lot of help! (I have about 8000 trainer points so I've unlocked quite a lot.)

To get past the pro disk contest, you just have to practise loads and loads. Your puppy will eventually learn to catch from different angles, catch from longer distances and bring the disk straight back to you.
If you visit the gym as often as you can, you puppy will also become more familiar with the lure courses.

Trainer points are earned when playing with toys, taken on 'wonderful' walks, learning new tricks and progressing through all of the contests. Every time you earn 500 trainer points, you unlock something in one of the shops. This is how you unlock different lures and disks.

Hope this helps you out! If you have any more queries, just ask.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #36
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
I noticed something really strange in this game. My brother and I both play the game, he has the Golden Retriever version and I have the French Bulldog one. The thing is, we have the same amount of Trainer Points (I even have a little more than he does) but he has unlocked a lot more items than I! Mainly furniture for the home. Is there anyone who can tell me why?

And also, I've been training for days to make my dog give back the freesbee, but he doesn't want to. I call him when he catches it, I scratch him when he gives it back, but he still won't do it alone, I always have to call him or tap the screen. My brother's dog does it just fine though... Help maybe?
If you want your dog to come back to you immediately then when buying your pet at the kennels, consider its characteristics.
(in answer to your first question) You don't have to just earn ownership points to unlock stuff, you also have to win lots of competitions, buy more pets, take it on walks and let it meet other dogs (and cats) .
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I've noticed some things about the game which are as follows:
1) Grass has other uses other than for dogs to pee and play in it. If you have enough ownership points then your dogs will find hidden presents in the grass!
2) Cats love the 'Bell Ball' toy, but dogs are scared of it. The same goes for the 2 cat wands.
3) Both cats and dogs like the following toys: 'Balloon', 'Bubbles', 'Miss Chickie', 'Mr Froggins', 'Sir Nibbles' and all of the records.
4) Dogs and cats can do special things if you play records (you can buy these from all the supply stores) for instance, if you play 'Classics 2' your pets do a dance routine (your pets dance better if they have more ownership points) and if you play 'Classics 4' your pets run in circles lots!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #38
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
ok so i coulda sworn i had around 630+ owner points earlier today...

now i have 600. WTF??? is there a way i coulda lost some points? is that possible? cuz i always clean up after my pup on walks. maybe i wasnt paying attention to the points or something.

but still can someine tell me all the ways to LOSE points so that i avoid this in the future?
well theres a lot more now,like having a bad experience w/ other dogs, scaring your dogs with a balloon and a lotta stuff, they added a lot of bad stuff which sucks a lot.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #39
Unregistered

Post Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

ok here the answers you want first the lures,
to unlock the banana lure you need 900 trainer points,to unlock the bird lure you need i think 1900...not sure what next sorry!

for the sand pits in the disc throwing you need to have 1900 trainer points to unlock a pro disc which is very easy to throw on an angle

all of these items can be brought at the shop after getting the points

p.s getting 1900 trainer points also unlocks 3 new dog breeds
Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #40
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

i am out of money and i need to enter more competitions but it says i have to wait till tomorrow. I cant wait till tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried the trick where you turn the clock to 23:59 and then wait , but it doesnt work. does anyone have tip on how to do more than 2 contests a day by some how resetting the clock?????
Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #41
Courtney

Red face Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Some tips to get your Trainer/Owner points up - when your on a walk with your dog, tug when you encounter these
- Puddles
- Garbage/Trash Cans
- Water Hydrants
- Birds/Pigeons
- Left over food.

Also don't let your dog roll around in GRASS, even though you may think they're playing, tug. You won't LOSE any Trainer Points i don't think, but you won't gain as much.
Its hard to break these habits but if your dog shows an exclamation mark then give your dog a treat to show that when your dog doesn't pee on the trash then it should be rewarded, and when it does pee on trash then they will be tugged.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #42
Courtney

Wink Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
i am out of money and i need to enter more competitions but it says i have to wait till tomorrow. I cant wait till tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried the trick where you turn the clock to 23:59 and then wait , but it doesnt work. does anyone have tip on how to do more than 2 contests a day by some how resetting the clock?????
What I do is I do all 3 competitions ONCE and then if I need more money, I will save my game, enter a competition for the 2nd time and if I don't get in second place or higher, I press HOME then CLOSE and restart my game. Then you don't waste your competition entries on getting last place :/ other than that I'm not sure x
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #43
Courtney

Red face Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

HELP! I'm stuck on the Master Cup in Lure Coursing and I can't seem to get 1st place

I really really want to reach the Nintendogs Cup, PLEASE HELP!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #44
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
What I do is I do all 3 competitions ONCE and then if I need more money, I will save my game, enter a competition for the 2nd time and if I don't get in second place or higher, I press HOME then CLOSE and restart my game. Then you don't waste your competition entries on getting last place :/ other than that I'm not sure x
thxs never thought of that. also i read in hand book that if you reset the clock you wont be able to do contests for a while anyways
*EPIC FAIL*
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
HELP! I'm stuck on the Master Cup in Lure Coursing and I can't seem to get 1st place

I really really want to reach the Nintendogs Cup, PLEASE HELP!
1 word...
PRACTICE!!!
If you have problems getting your dog to jump over the hurdles then make sure you make the lure honk while it is in the light zone. Also make sure you perfect YOUR technique for reeling the lure in.
Hope this helps!