About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My Dogs:
Goldie, A Male Golden Retriever
Skype, A Female Calico Standard Cat
Scamp: A Female Tricolour Beagle

Does Anyone Know How Unlock The Labrador In Golden Retriever + New Friends?
don't know for sure, but the more trainer points you have, the more dog breeds youn can own. you may have to get alot of points.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
Beth Kage
New Poster

Send a message via MSN to Beth Kage Send a message via Skype™ to Beth Kage
Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I believe you get the first three new breeds around the same time you're able to get the "better" lures in the Barc shop (not the ones on your walks). I believe this is also about the time that your dog will start picking up new items on your walks. I'm gonna pin this occurrence at somewhere between having 800-1000 owner points, but don't hold me to that. Though, with talking to different people, I do believe I might have that pinned down...

Btw, I posted as a guest before, but I'm the one who gave her email out to you all to contact with questions. It's still beth_n_luke_4eva@hotmail.com if you guys have any more questions! ^^

I'm planning on putting some serious time into this game this weekend so that I can uncover more... If I come across a shocking discover, I'll be sure to put it up here for you all. ^^ Hope my info helps~!
Beth Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #18
Unregistered

Question Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

WHAT!!! you can get trainer points!!

OH yeah umm how do you veiw them like in the last game??
Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #19
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Hey, I'm Stuck On Obedience Master Cup.

Whatever I Try, I Just Can't Get My Dog To Beg For 7 Seconds, The Highest I Can Get Is 6.

Any Advice?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
Beth Kage
New Poster

Quote:
WHAT!!! you can get trainer points!!

OH yeah umm how do you veiw them like in the last game??
Go to Journal, click on the envelope in the bottom left corner, and then the number should appear on the upper right corner of the 3D screen.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #21
Beth Kage
New Poster

Quote:
Hey, I'm Stuck On Obedience Master Cup.

Whatever I Try, I Just Can't Get My Dog To Beg For 7 Seconds, The Highest I Can Get Is 6.

Any Advice?
Two words, each repeated three times:

Practice, practice, practice.
Treats, treats, treats.

That being said, it's important to run over each trick several times with your dog and reward them whenever they do it correctly. That should help, I think.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #22
Unregistered

Does anyone know what the stardust is used for at Mr.R? Also how many trainer points does one need for his shop to update?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #23
Beth Kage
New Poster

Quote:
Does anyone know what the stardust is used for at Mr.R? Also how many trainer points does one need for his shop to update?
Stardust is used to make a Rainbow Collar at Mr. R's shop after you get 1000 owner points.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #24
Unregistered

Quote:
1800 or 1900, but i think it worked for me at 1800. and you can get a rainbow collar for it
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #25
Unregistered

I noticed something really strange in this game. My brother and I both play the game, he has the Golden Retriever version and I have the French Bulldog one. The thing is, we have the same amount of Trainer Points (I even have a little more than he does) but he has unlocked a lot more items than I! Mainly furniture for the home. Is there anyone who can tell me why?

And also, I've been training for days to make my dog give back the freesbee, but he doesn't want to. I call him when he catches it, I scratch him when he gives it back, but he still won't do it alone, I always have to call him or tap the screen. My brother's dog does it just fine though... Help maybe?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
Unregistered

Does anyone know how many trainer points it takes to unlock a husky? And how many trainer points you need to make a rainbow collar? And is the "secret path" appear at random?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
Unregistered

Wink Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

The Husky MAY Be Unlocked At 3400 Points. I'm Not Sure. Mr R Will Update His Shop Around 2000 Or Less Points, Then You Can Get The Rainbow Collar. And Yes, The Secret Path Appears At Random.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #28
Unregistered

Has anyone beaten the nintendogs Cup at the disc competition? i can't seem to throw the Frisbee far enough so it reaches the zone rings. Does anyone have a strategy that can help me? Is one Frisbee better than another?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I Have, But It Is Pure Chance. I Won With An Area Catch, 12 Points, And An Excellent Jump.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
Unregistered

Wink Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Has anyone beaten the nintendogs Cup at the disc competition? i can't seem to throw the Frisbee far enough so it reaches the zone rings. Does anyone have a strategy that can help me? Is one Frisbee better than another?
The best frisbee to use for distance without going to fast is the lolly pop. I don't know why, but it is a TON easier for me to use then a regular frisbee after you practice with it. Practice is the key word though, it's hard to use well as soon as you get it. But it doesn't take much practice.

And if speed is a problem for your pup, I've discovered that the boomarang is amazing to train them on that. Throw it hard enough to make a full loop. The pups will chase it, but cant catch it very easily. My pup's speed for both lure coursing and frisbee competition increased tremendously without too much effort.

Hope you find that helpful!