About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > GameCritics.com Discussion > Community User Submissions

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Kadeemluvmusic

Rep Power: 0 Kadeemluvmusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Kadeem's Review:Rock Of The Dead

Is it just me or is this a "Guitar Hero" frightfest? The problem about "Rock Of The Dead," it sucks big time. Hide the women and children to bed.

Pros: Not available

Cons: horrid music, lame graphics, tainted soundtrack, and boring characters.

WTF: A horror/rhythm-based game, are you kidding me?

Something is very fishy in the land of music video games. "Guitar Hero" "Rock Band" and "DJ Hero" were all legends. But one that stucks its nose where it didn't belong was the miserable wannabes of "Rock Of The Dead." Probably so far, it is the worst annoying game of 2010 so far.

It's more disgusting than "Typing Of The Dead." No. I take that back. It is more disgusting than horror movie reruns of "Friday The 13th." Or maybe Jonah Hex that falls off the bandwagon.

I don't know why Neil Patrick Harris is voicing in the game. But why Neil why? You have a fantastic TV show "Two And A Half Men" and now this?

Let's face it: guitars in the game are crappy, gameplay is so slick and tortured, the music is making me singing the "Monster Mash" for kindergardeners 10 times, and the levels is overrated and wrong.

Bottom Line: Don't call this a music game, call it a disguising trainwreck.

Rock Of The Dead
Epicenter Studios
PS3, XBOX 360
Released: October 19, 2010
Rating 3 out of 10 (lame)
Voted for "Shame Of The Year"
Kadeemluvmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Kadeem's Review:Rock Of The Dead

http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Seriously, start posting on the correct board.

And once again, the grammar is abysmal, and the review in general is beyond poor. If these reviews are jokes, then they're not very funny ones.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
RandomRob

Rep Power: 9 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough

reviews go here: http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

User review Read First Announcement here: http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/an....php?f=10&a=29

Gamecritics Review Template: http://www.gamecritics.com/chi-kong-...-a-game-review

Mission and Game Review Philosophy here: http://www.gamecritics.com/about-us

peace
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
coyls3
32-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Seriously, start posting on the correct board.

And once again, the grammar is abysmal, and the review in general is beyond poor. If these reviews are jokes, then they're not very funny ones.
you don't have to insult the guy. the forums are dead enough without chasing off new comers.
coyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
JLB1987
Sex machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyls3 View Post
you don't have to insult the guy. the forums are dead enough without chasing off new comers.
I wasn't insulting the guy at all. It was a perfectly valid comment, and all the criticism was fair. I'd rather point out what I thought was wrong with his review, than simply leaving him a one star rating.

Also, I wonder why I should be polite if this person can't be bothered to post in the correct thread. It's not asking for a whole lot.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
coyls3
32-bit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
I wasn't insulting the guy at all. It was a perfectly valid comment, and all the criticism was fair. I'd rather point out what I thought was wrong with his review, than simply leaving him a one star rating.

Also, I wonder why I should be polite if this person can't be bothered to post in the correct thread. It's not asking for a whole lot.
there's no problem with telling him what's wrong with the review or that he didn't follow the guidelines, but when you say "if these reviews are jokes then they're not very funny ones," that's not criticism, that's being a jerk.

If you didn't mean for it to sound insulting, then I apologise, but I think there are better ways to offer feedback than using phases like "Abysmal" and "beyond poor."

Also, the reason you should be polite is because it's in the Code of Conduct for the forums.

http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/an....php?f=10&a=31
coyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
RandomRob

Rep Power: 9 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough

Agree w/Coyls. Understand yr sentiments, JLB, but you could tone it down a notch.
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
JLB1987
Sex machine

Well, I didn't intend to insult anyone, and my criticism was certainly not personal, I would have said exactly the same to anyone. I don't feel the need to apologise, and I stand by both my previous comments completely, but I'll try and 're-word' what I say next time, before posting such things.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
FidgetyAcolyte
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to FidgetyAcolyte

To be fair... I actually kind of enjoyed reading the review. Especially the parts where he makes up his own GOTY type award at the end.

"Hide the children to bed" evokes a "hide ya' kids, hide ya' wife, and hide ya' husbands" type resonance that I can't help but smile at.

He's like the ee cummings of subject-verb agreement.
FidgetyAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
JLB1987
Sex machine

Actually, the "Shame of the year" comment was quite entertaining, I was amused by that.

I understand it's not easy to write a review; whenever I try, the first draft it ALWAYS a mess.

I can't fault the guy for uploading this onto the site; I havn't got to the stage yet where I've got the balls to do that. Whilst I'm not so bothered by criticism, as long as it's constructive, I do have a fear of being told something that I've tried really hard on "isn't good enough".

So, good on this guy for uploading. I'd just like to see a little more effort in the actual review. This doesn't look like it's got past the first draft stage.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
KittenMitton
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 KittenMitton is an unknown quantity at this point

Add some more concrete comments so that it's not just a rant, and then repost it. Don't give up. I also think that posting deserves some props.
KittenMitton is offline   Reply With Quote