About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #31
Unregistered

Re: help D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I fail at this game anyone got any grinding tips?
my tip is to fight every monster you see in order to level up more. It will make things easier. I especially recomend going after metal slimes, they give quite abit of experience. you can find them in the "quarantomb" where you fought the "raging contagin" (sorry if i spelled it wrong.) this will make things considerably easier later on.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #32
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
uhh I need two things:

I need a guide to gerzuun - imma totaly lost in there...

How do I chain attacks? I've heard that chain attacks are a necessity against the gerzuun boss.

Plus I think this new dragon quest is easy - three bosses in one weekend. completes gleeba questline in about a hour - yes, some people will have done it faster.

Plus please answer my question.

~Ninjablade2000, a proud member of free realms insider.com
there is no boss in gerzuun..there is a boss though in batsureg after you get the needed plant in gerzuun. the boss' name is Larstastnaras...is that the boss you are thinking of? if so just use melee attacking characters and a mage or someone who can boost the attack of your melee fighters. the fight should not be too hard after that.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #33
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
uhh I need two things:

I need a guide to gerzuun - imma totaly lost in there...

How do I chain attacks? I've heard that chain attacks are a necessity against the gerzuun boss.

Plus I think this new dragon quest is easy - three bosses in one weekend. completes gleeba questline in about a hour - yes, some people will have done it faster.

Plus please answer my question.

~Ninjablade2000, a proud member of free realms insider.com
i forgot to mention that the room with the plant is in the very back wall where there are a whole bunch of spirits.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #34
Unregistered

i cant find atlas which grotto is he in and where can i find it
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #35
Unregistered

Angry Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

how do u beat the boss gorsby-purvis
he is in gittingham palace
Old 11-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #36
Unregistered

i have the same problem
Old 12-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #37
Unregistered

With Goresby Purrvis, I would recommend a minstrel who has high magical might and knows kaswoosh. I had my warrior who was in the upper 30's use falcon slash a lot. I made my priest use healing everry turn and made my theif use accelarate on my priest so it could heal people faster.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #38
Unregistered

how do you get the fygg at the alltrades abbey?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #39
Unregistered

Angry Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
how do you get the fygg at the alltrades abbey?
Im having the same problem two trying to get the fig at alltrades abbey i never knew u can get a fygg there until i read a comment on that from here so if u find out give me some details in it say jakecool 78 for i can know its me
Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #40
Unregistered

u dont head east and head up the castle to defeat the "monster" to get the fyyg
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
captain sian

I've completed the games story and I was aiming to do as much as everything else as I can. There are a couple of grottos I just can't find, where I think they may be I just can't seem to get to... I might just be being stupid but there are a few places on the map that are on higher land or surrounded by rock that I just can't reach... is there something I need to unlock like a new mode of transport or are there other ways of getting to these places?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #42
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain sian View Post
I've completed the games story and I was aiming to do as much as everything else as I can. There are a couple of grottos I just can't find, where I think they may be I just can't seem to get to... I might just be being stupid but there are a few places on the map that are on higher land or surrounded by rock that I just can't reach... is there something I need to unlock like a new mode of transport or are there other ways of getting to these places?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
go to the small village where you fought laviathen (sorry if i spelled it wrong) and talk to Noah. go outside at night and talk to the ghost. get the items she tells you you need. equipped them on a female character in your party. then go talk to noah once more. after that go to the place where you fought laviathen. you will then proceed to fight the real one. after that is done you get a fig. eat it and you will be not mortal ish any more. you will see the fairy and will soon recieve the express's whistle. you will then be able to call it any time and fly wherever you want on it.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #43
Unregistered

Quote:
Im having the same problem two trying to get the fig at alltrades abbey i never knew u can get a fygg there until i read a comment on that from here so if u find out give me some details in it say jakecool 78 for i can know its me
jakecool 78

to get the fig, which is technically not at alltrades abbey, you need to talk to the guy who says the abbot is not there. he will try to send you away. head downstairs and talk to the people there. first the martial artist by the stairs. then you need to talk to the maid at the bar. she will say she fead the fig to the abbot. head back upstairs and talk to the fat guy in red once more. leave and head north east to the tower. bow at the door and enter. after climbing the tower there will be a portal like door that you must enter. you will then proceed to fight the abbot and after the battle you shall recieve the fig. hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #44
Unregistered

hey i died trying to defeat the guardian of that metal town. and now it wont let me on the boat back over there.... why's that? and how do i get back over there??
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #45
Unregistered

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried making a new charachter and getting them to learn pincushion.maybe a mage or priest when u got to kill the armours they have lower defence than the other vocations