About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #76
Unregistered

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi!
I wonder how long it takes to get star rating Im in wimbledon and have only got 1 1/2 stars!
Play the game on 5 sets... you'll have to make more and more points... the star system, works based on how many points you make... e.i. x amount of points will give you half a star... so, if you're playing a 3 game match, you need 12 (or more) points to win, whilst if you play a five set match, you'll need 72 (or more) points to win...
The other thing is to keep playing 3 game matches, but keeping in mind you'll have to play a whole lot more matches. Oh and btw, if you finished the 4 grand slams, you have to play them all over again, so you can keep playing to build up your 5 stars...
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 AM   #77
Unregistered

Talking Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Brilliant advice, so much less frustrated with it doing all sorts instead of it doing its own thing shot wise.

Winning matches much easier now

Quote:
Hi just a general hint that helped me a lot:

First I thought, that Grand Slam Tennis was just too hard and that the controls (Wii M+) are not precise. But then I read somewhere, that after you hit the ball the Wii motion plus registers the "middle position" of the racket. That means if you put the Controller straight ahead of you right after hitting the ball, the controls work very precisely (at least for me) , and you can very well control the direction of the ball by just changing the direction of the controller during the swing, when you hit the ball. -> Forehand: 90 to the middle position means straight ball, >90 means the ball goes right, <90 ball goes left.
If you keep your racket in a random position after the swing, this will be the new "middle" and the controls will not work correctly - at least this was my experience...

After I got to know this, Grand Slam Tennis just advanced to my favourite game, as it is the sports game that is closest to reality that I know.. :-)

Hope this helps somebody, have fun..
Old 09-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #78
Unregistered

I find the easiest way to pass a person at the net is a very hard flat shot to the corner, which is hard to volley. If they do return that, you can just put it to the other side of the court, getting the winner.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #79
Unregistered

Wii Grand Slam Juicers

I want to address this cheating thing again because there is a certain satisfaction from beating a cheater with a mod to their wii console. First of all, if you haven't recognized what a cheater is, they get to the ball pretty much no matter where you hit it...and if you hit an amazing shot to the opposite side of where they are standing, you will see play stop for a moment until they are able to get to the ball. Your screen will seem as if it is lagging. I just finished playing such a cheater and barely beat them : )))) But then I thought, he was just like me at some point in time. He was complaining about those who did the mod and decided he would do the same thing. Its like the 100 metre sprinter in the olympics that kept losing out to the steroid guys. So he takes roids and then he gets caught and looks like the bad guy after creaming them...does Ben Johnson's name ring a bell? It has been proven that every other guy in that olympic 100 metre final race was guilty of juicing up before the race. Well the point is, to be in the top 100, you will need to modify your wii. But don't go there because a friend of mine did that and they caught him and his console is now toast. And besides, guess what the top 100 guys/girls do if they start to lose anyway. They quit the game. I was in the top 10 in an online golf game Golden Tee and everytime I played with the top 100 and they fell behind, they just unplugged their console like clockwork. So why even bother with the mod when there are other ways that people will still find to cheat the system. Just play the game for fun in Unranked and once in a while when you feel like laughing at these pretend good players, play Steroid Ranked. Btw, these juicers hang out in Unranked too cause the higher Ranked players keep cancelling their games against them .. hahahahahahaha
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #80
Unregistered

if you suspect someone is cheating, just report them...if they get enough reports, nintendo will do a remote inspection of their wii console and if there is an illegal modification, they can permanently disable their connection to online play
Old 09-20-2010, 04:36 AM   #81
Unregistered

Quote:
if you suspect someone is cheating, just report them...if they get enough reports, nintendo will do a remote inspection of their wii console and if there is an illegal modification, they can permanently disable their connection to online play
theres a universal code to bypass that i hope you know
Old 11-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #82
Unregistered

Hi everyone!!

I only started playing online the other day - first guy I played against was great, he was from Germany and it was really fun matches, we both slogged it out.....great just as it should be!!!

Next match was against a guy from Japan....he defo was cheating with the serve, and he was getting points even when he didn't touch the ball. I didn't even win one point!!!

Next was a Polish girl who also seemed to win points when she didn't even touch the ball.

Yesterday, once again played against another Japanese player....her serve was like a rocket!! I just about won a few points but it was impossible against her super-sonic serve

I'm not gonna stop playing online, even though there does seem a lot cheating the game - just wish I had the first German guy on my friends list, would love to play against him again
Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #83
Unregistered

Cool Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I've beaten serve and volleyers easily just by doing this trick that I discovered after several experimentations:

1. If your opponent is the server, hot the ball down-the-line...tip: hit with your backhand with a slice when you're receiving from the right side of the box. Even if your opponent serve to your forehand, still hit with your backhand... most of the time, I win here automatically.

2. Next, if your opponent is able to return it back to you, be very patient. We need the proper timing here. Allow your opponent to approach the net as closed as possible. This will caught them offguard and will have difficulty to run and chase an overhead.

3. By hitting a top spin down-the-line lob (regardless whether your opponent is a left or right hander), your opponent usually cannot reach it... YOU WILL WIN!

Note: If you are playing online, an you noticed that your opponent is using a nunchuck, try hitting a crosscourt at times when receiving a serve (especially if he directs it to the middle)... this could either force them to return the ball to your side (and so you can go back to #2 and 3 tips)

I hope I help you all on this.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #84
Unregistered

Guys, your so behind the times, the issues identified in this thread are not cheats it is glitches and bugs in the game play that develops due to specific conditions within the netwerk connection between both players. Some games are good some not so but what you see on your side is not always what your opponent is seeing also. The only games I avoid is Japanese players as the lad and connection from my home country to Japan is always really terrible and the games exhibit the bugs and glitches badly.

Methods I find work
Always play the shot earlier than it would appear visually. e.g play your shot before the ball actually reaches you. You will win a lot of points in games doing this unless your opponent is beating you to this action. If you find the early shot always seems to be going out adjust your timing to delaying your shot to just after is appear to have passed you. Basically you need to assess a quickly as possible what timing is required for the connection you have to your opponent. Whoever gets its right first usually wins. In saying that there will be some people who you will just not beat no matter what you do, again its down to connection and nothing you do can combat this. Just accept and move on you'll make th epoint up again in other games.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #85
Unregistered

Does anyone know how to get a Wii to go online?
I have a wireless router but it says
'Unable to connect to the Internet.
Confirm the Internet settings of the Wii console'

How do I do this?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #86
ToastOnline

I've been playing this game for 4-5 months. I've won the Grand Slam at hardest level. I know the shots and I know the motions for creating a winner. That being said, I stand no chance in 99% of my online matches. Opposing players consistently run from baseline to net at extreme speeds to hit my drop shots. I've witnessed mid-air ball hangs and tele-porting to make impossible shots. Today was a new one - I started a match with someone who prevented me from approaching the net! Seriously, he served and my player immediately backed up. After I returned he would run to the net and hit a angled drop shot. "Magically" the glitch went away at that moment and I could run at the net..but with no chance of getting the shot. It happened 4 times in a row. You can't tell these are just glitches. I don't ever get that "glitch" to go my way.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #87
Unregistered

I've been playing this game for 4-5 months. I've won the Grand Slam at hardest level.

I agree with the person who said that their opponent who cheats is able to stop them from playing their shot just long enough for them( opponent) to hit a winner. I have experienced my opponent being able to make my player swing when I did not swing, move my racquet when I did not move my racquet, and completely slow down my serve and the play speed of the game, stop my player from moving at all. I mean I just stand there and no matter what I do my player does not move for about two to three seconds. Long enough for my opponent to win the point. I think this is all Nintendos fault not necessarily EA Sports. Maybe that is why Nintendo did not get a contract for GST 2.
I love this game very much but people do cheat and it takes away from the enjoyment. I don't even want to play it now. I wonder if the owners of XBox and PS3 have this problem with GST2. We just have to keep reporting them to Nintendo as cheaters in the messenger part of the online for Wii and hope that enough people are reporting so Nintendo or EA Sports will do something about it.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #88
Unregistered

i wonder is it possible to make a player and their first and last name be longer than 8 letters, cause there are loads of players i would like to make but cant, cause their names are too long, btw i really want to make Wozniacki and my own version of Sharapova.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #89
Unregistered

Wink Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

i personally find if you approach the net after your serve it can get you a point.

If you hit it on an angle this also works with the other players serve if they have low speed and fitness.

I also find net play good because it reduces my outs and helps is you get ability 'net play'

thank you for reading
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #90
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 -ONLINE CHEATERS/GLITCHERS

A few of you sure did nail it in describing your experience with this shit sandwich, I got news for ya though..... it is NOT NINTENDO. How do I know this? Because EVERYTHING you all are describing also happens to us on the xbox 360 side. Not just more than 50% of the worlds top players are using this shit sandwich on us, but the #1 player in the world is the best at it! I for one refuse to spend my hard earned/slaved dollars upon so called, "Entertainment" to only find I am paying for grief, misery and for me to lose to spineless cheat whores. Such spineless dishonorable pukes should dare not to even associate themselves with my species, let alone chance to bump into me in play or life.

If what others are saying here about EA's stance on the subject of cheating is indeed true, then the EA has clearly taken the side of condoning cheating and hence the game maker is much more evil than its spineless cheating players.... and I will have no more to do with any of it. In fact, should this be the case then I would propose a mass gathering so to file a class action against the dev and all associated with making the game. I have logged my time spent on this GST2 whore-fest, and when you hear what my hourly rate is our CFO WILL NOT BE HAPPY. This is not a threat, rather a promise. I have helped snuff out corruption through multiple wars and conflicts as a US Soldier, and I will be god damned if I will allow a company, group or person to "knowingly" continue to charge me money and then serve me a shit sandwich, when all the while they knew it was a shit sandwich.

I buy and play games for entertainment, to "PLAY" the game. I do NOT buy games for you to "PLAY" games on me! It is HIGH TIME EA and its subsidiaries place their dicks on the table of accountability and get right. That or suffer mass losses from class action.

Contact me if you are tired of paying to be worked like this, caliwebmanATgmail