About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 AM   #31
Unregistered

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have looked at all previous posts and still am failing on this. I have done this so many times I am ready to get rid of this game. Its a shame as I was really enjoying it until hornets nest
"Never give up...never surrender" look...I'm a 53 year old pilot with an aerobatics rating ,and I was getting ready to throw the contoller through the tv screen. I picked up a few pointers from the fellas above. I finally killed 31 and blasted away at ground targets in total shock ! *attack from the side as much as you can...and my add-on is regroup your wing (press twice quickly on the bottom key) after the listen up command followed by the attack command (right key pad) as mentioned. Also use WEP (that's war emergency power...I fly P-51's for real) no....I'm not kidding. ...and b - line it to the next groups. As one fella said, check the map for pesky flashing yellow.
They're the ones that 'sneak' in there for the piss off. Patience is the key on this (geek squad brain child) I'm sure. Another thing...Me - 109's show up with ground attack...stay low, and hit the cover me key. Get it ? Got it ? Good ? Let me know how you do my friend. "Mustang Dude"
Old 12-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #32
Tommo
New Poster

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

To Mustang Dude

Have finally done it. Three times now. Like you say 'never give up'.
What do you think of the 'call of duty 2'?
Tommo
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #33
J-P

thanks for that my dad thought u had to destroy a train and i thought u had to kill all the junk on the ground and im a bit rude like that other guy
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #34
Tommo
New Poster

To JP

Glad you managed it, keep playing and you'll find you will complete the mission without any problems.

Good luck

Tommo
Old 02-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #35
Br0thercr0w

Thumbs up Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Thank you all who posted advice. I've been stuck & was close to giving up. After reading your posts I got it first try!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #36
Tommo
New Poster

To Br0thercr0we

Glad you succeeded, keep trying and keep playing

Tommo
Old 02-28-2010, 03:58 AM   #37
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

THANKYOU reply#20 My hausband took on board some of your advice. After TOOOOOO Many failed missions with unbelievable accuracy and huge hit numbers he was just about ready to give up. However he is over the hurdle, the transporters have been stopped and another section is unlocked. No more sad faces until the next "Impossible" mission. Phew Thanks Grateful Sue
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #38
Tommo
New Poster

To Grateful Sue

Glad you succeeded in the mission, keep trying and keep playing. The rest are not as difficult. If you want difficult ones wait till you get to the single missions of 1 to 3 stars on Modern Warfare 2.

Tommo
Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #39
Unregistered

Hey guys I just finished the hornets nest on my first try soo..heres what i did since it obviously worked

i started out the level and a bombed a few of the searchlights maybe 5 or 6, until the transport planes came, i set my flight squad on attack and came in behind the group of transport planes. once i was behind them i unleashed hell making sure to destroy every plane in their group (IL-2 's guns are very powerful) using the yaw helped spray and switch targets. after the first group i went to the next and did the same thing...after about 6 or 7 minutes it was mission complete

hope this helps you guys since this is a truly amazing game and you all deserve to enjoy every bit of it
Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #40
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
agree, i shoot 30 transportplanes down, still mission failed. I am already an excellent arcade flyer on this xboxgame, but i cant beat this hornet's nest level 'from hell'. Please developer, give us an update make this level happy playable on arcadestyle.
I dont get you people? i completed it on 360 in one night i told my teammates to attack the transports as well as myself its not that hard.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #41
Unregistered

Damn, this is frustrating!!!!!
I want to throw this out the window! AAAARGGGHHH!
Anyone play online? I would love to meet up with some folks and do it.
dollereinart@gmaildotcom
Thanks all.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #42
Unregistered

Finally!
Victory.
Man, that sucked!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #43
Unregistered

Go straight for the transports planes, forget about the ground targets. select target, order wingman to attack, do this 4 times while you approach transport planes then you should attack once in range. Let your wingmen take out the ones you instructed them to and continue to take them out. Keep doing this for every sortie and keep looking at your map to see if any transports are nearing the landing zone. if they are make a bee line for them. This should clear the level.

Mos
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #44
Unregistered

I just beat the “Hornet’s Nest” on arcade setting on the PS3. To start ignore the ground and go for the 4 yellow triangles. As you shoot them you will see other groups. Look closely at the groups. After the first group, the others will have one or two aircraft with a special red symbol above them. It looks like the biological symbol for male – a red circle with an arrow pointing down. These are the ONLY planes you MUST shoot down. There are only 6 or 7 in total. Don’t worry about the others except for target practice. Down these six or so planes and the mission changes. Now ignore the planes and look for the 8 guns on the grown. They appear as yellow bars. Use rockets on them and clear the level. IT WORKS.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #45
Unregistered

Just completed this mission, but it did take me many attempts until I realised the importance of using your wingmen. I have this game as a rental, so no instruction manual ame with it, but I think I understand it all now.

Fisrt off - the comment above about the red sybols is completely wrong. Also, you can ignore the ground targets to begin with - just focus on the transport planes. It doesn't actually matter how many planes you shoot down personally, it is all about stopping them getting to the landing area, and if you assign your wingment properly you won't need to down them all yourself.

When a group of transport planes appear on the radar (yellow symbols), head towrds them at full speed. Once they are in targeting range, press the x button to target one of them, and then press the up arrow to set one of your wingmen to target that enemy. Once an enemy is targeted by one of your wingmen, a red symbol will appear above the plane (it may be quite feint if the plane is far away, but it will get clearer as the plane gets nearer to you). Repeat this for each of your three wingmen, pressing x (repeatedly if necessary to cycle to an enemy which hasn't already been targeted) then pressing up arrow to set your wingman to that enemy. Once you have three enemies targeted you can now leave those alone as your wingman will take care of them, so press x again to find a target of your own (one which doesn't have a red symbol above it) and take it down by yourself.

Each time a new group of plane approaches on the edge of the radar, make sure you have dealt with any planes in the central area of the battlefield first before going out to approach the new set, and again, remember to assign your wingmen.

The transport planes often come in in two groups. I found it was better to assign your wingment to three planes in one group, and them take on the other group by myself.

When taking on planes yourself, come in from the side with all guns and rockets blazing - you can often take two of them out on this first pass - and then swoop in behind them to take out the remining planes.

If things get into a mess with your wingmen and enemy planes scattered, then it may be too tricky assigning your wingmen to enemies manually. So hit the down arrow followed by the right arrow, which will assign your wingmen to enemies automatically.

The last attack of transport planes which happens after about 8 and a half minutes is the hardest, as there are more planes in the two formations. It's especially important on this last one to down a couple of them on the first pass and pick off the remaining ones as quickly as possible.

Once you have delat with the last of the transport planes, the mission changes to taking out ground targets which is easy.

Hope this helps.