About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Tommo
New Poster

Unhappy Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bob's comment is appreciated but it still does not explain the fact that no matter what you do after approx. 8min 30 the mission is failed. Whether you only shoot targets on the ground or only on the air or simply not shoot anything at all and just fly around, after 8min 30 its over. Obviously, this 'magic threshold' is the key.

For arguments sake, I dispersed of 5 groups of enemy planes and transporters - I check the the radar and there are no faint green lights and no yellow lights in the pocket - The voice of the radio then says 'there is another group coming from the left - we will take care off it' - 10 seconds after that the mission is failed - Everytime the same result. If indeed I am missing a plane, where is it suppose to be? It is not on the radar.

I have now tried it 10 times, on my PS3, in arcade mode. All previous levels I managed with ease - Why oh why do developers opt for throwing you such a crooked curveball in the middle of the game? How is that suppose to enhance the gaming pleasure? I paid 40 pounds and now I am stuck and from all the previous comments a lot has to do with 'being lucky' in order to conquer this level - That is BS!!!
Am going to go in with all guns and rockets firing. Hope that does some good. Who can we contact from the developers to try and get answers?
Tommo
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Tommo
New Poster

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

ReF; Birds of Prey - why can't the developers liase with this forum and try to give some sort of guidance on the problems that gamers appear to be having?
Old 10-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
madgod69

Smile Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

what are you guys on i did hornets nest 1st try its piss easy... you guys must really suck. oh if you have ps3 add me madgod69!!!!

fallout 3 ftw!!! and il 2 sturmovik
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
Tommo
New Poster

Unhappy Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Maybe you would like to share the method of your success with those of us who are struggling

Tommo
Old 10-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
Unregistered

Re: level help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
on hornet's nest(last level in Stalingrad), what do you have to destroy? is it the planes or the ground things? cuz it says to destroy the transports, and if those are the planes, im still having trouble. anyone know what to do
In order to achieve this level, first kill the transport planes. Use your flight crew to your advantage by ordering them to attack the current objective by using the directional pad and pushing it to the right or #3 as in the owner’s manual. Continue to do so until you have killed 30 planes. Make sure even though you shoot an enemy plane and it’s a smoker that the yellow disappears from you radar screen (as a kill) and then move on to the next, continuing to order your flight to attack the main objective. Once you have completed 30 planes in 8 minutes 30 seconds, the game will announce you have completed the mission and give a secondary mission to kill the ground guns. There will be a display to the bottom left showing how many to kill. I believe it will show 8 tanks/guns. Now there will be many targets on the ground that you can shoot, next to the spot lights. Do not do shoot these as it will cause you to fly around forever looking for the targets. Do not kill the planes that are attacking you either. The best thing to do is order your flight to attack the current objective then look on your map and see the blinking yellow points on the map, should show to the top left as a rectangle. That's where your flight (blue dots) will be congregating showing you the area you need to fly to (air field). Once you arrive to the air field you will see the current objective lit up in red with a star/circle above it. Using your missiles take out each one but continue to use the X button to light up the next target on the objective after you kill each. While doing this tell your flight to shield you to prevent being shot down by enemy planes. When you reach zero kills on the bottom left the game will announce that the objective is complete and to now leave the battle zone. Fly to the yellow flag and the mission is over. Takes some work as it took me about 30 try's to figure it out. But now you have the instructions.........go get them. Good luck and happy gaming, T-bone El Paso Texas. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT!!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
Tommo
New Poster

Smile Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

To T-bone of El Paso Texas

Thanks for the help. Will try it out

Regards

Tommo
Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #22
CaptainCanary
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 CaptainCanary is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Got the game a couple of days ago and, like everyone else seems to have, got stuck on this one.

After a few goes I worked out a strategy for it which worked for me. The transport planes are trying to get into the centre of the map to make the drop and your job is to stop all of them from getting there.
They usually attack in either a formation of 4 or two close formations of 4. If you attack them from the side (as opposed to behind or head on) you should be able to take each formation out with one pass.
For the double formations, do the first pass but rather than doing a full 180 turn, do half a loop till you're inverted and the ground appears above you and then a semi barrel roll to get the right way up which should just about set you up on the second of the two formations.
Keep an eye on the radar for the next group to appear and when you see it head towards them at full power, closing the gap as quickly as possible as they're heading head on to you too, but at a slight angle away to be able to turn in and attack from their side again. Don't bother with the rockets or ground targets, a couple of decent blasts on the guns will easily take each of the planes out.

Think there's 6 or 7 waves of JU52's to take out but didn't have a chance to count!

With a bit of practice you should be able to get the attack in and be on to the next group before they're anywhere near the target zone.

Good luck!
CaptainCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #23
Tommo
New Poster

Wink Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

To CaptainCanary

Thanks for the advice. Will try out your method in conjunction with the advice given by T Bone of El Paso

Tommo
Old 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB View Post
Unlike the rude ass who gave absolutely no insight into how he beat the stage I will hopefully shed some light. I, like the rest of you played countless rounds into the 8 minute + range only to be bewildered as to how I failed the stage. First of all you don't need to worry about the crap on the floor. Just put all your energy in knocking off the transit planes. The key is to make sure you actually shot down every plane in each grouping. You will notice the marker for some of the planes that you missed growing faint. This means the planes are trying to land. You need to get down to shoot them before they land. Trust you may think you got every plane in each pattern but chances are you did not if you don't keep close count of how many are in each grouping. Also coming in from the side helps your kill rate. I hope this helps. The next stage is boring by comparison.
I didn't realy have any trouble with level on arcade at all to be honest... when i biuht the game the guy who sold it to me said it would be a bad level and just to go mental and shoot everything.

I pretty much did just this... get onto the same altitude as the transport planes, match speed behind them and shoot them down... i sent my wing against other targets...or to follow objective...i can't remember which... i should go through it again and maybe record a video of me doing it.

the mission i had MAJOR trouble with was the baby sitting mission...i must have attempted that about 15-20 times before i managed to do it.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
Tommo
New Poster

Red face Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

At last, success in the Hornets Nest. I shot down 28 planes and 7 ground targets before I got through. I think that the speed in which you can destroy the first wave and engage the second wave is the key to success. After the first wave it only took a short burst at each plane to destroy them. Thanks to Bob and El Paso for their help.
Tommo
Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #26
Tommo
New Poster

To Captain Canary

forgot to thank you on my last post. Tried your method and it worked a treat. Got through after shooting down 28 planes and 7 ground targets. Thanks again.
Tommo
Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #27
Tommo
New Poster

Wink Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

At last - success in the Hornets Nest. Got through after destroying 28 planes and 7 ground targets. Thanks for the help posted by you guys. I noticed that success depends on how quickly you can destroy the first wave, and the speed with which you can meet the second wave. After that, they came tumbling down with just a very short burst to each plane. I am quite sure I took longer than 8 1/2 mins. It would appear that the time limit expires after getting rid of the planes and then having ample time to get the ground targets.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #28
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
At last, success in the Hornets Nest. I shot down 28 planes and 7 ground targets before I got through. I think that the speed in which you can destroy the first wave and engage the second wave is the key to success. After the first wave it only took a short burst at each plane to destroy them. Thanks to Bob and El Paso for their help.
Tommo
Can't pass it!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
Unregistered

I have looked at all previous posts and still am failing on this. I have done this so many times I am ready to get rid of this game. Its a shame as I was really enjoying it until hornets nest
Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #30
Tommo
New Poster

Have now got through Hornets Nest 3 times, just to make sure the 1st time was not a fluke. I did notice however that on the 3rd time I shot down 27 planes and not 30 or 28. It could be this inconsistancy that is causing problems.
Best of luck to all and to the guys who posted positive responses.
Tommo