About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai for Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3 and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Unregistered

Cool Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

PLEASE! How do you defeat the Chatchka?!!? Ive been trying forever
Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Unregistered

Angry Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

I have been playing for 2 hours straight trying to figure out how to beat the Chatchka in Cabela's Survival game and I am at a loss. It feels as though there is no chance to finish it off at all. Can someone with a more superior talent at gaming please let me know how to beat the Chatchka.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #4
Unregistered

Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Use Flare gun, start shooting at him with the slow motion focus while at the same time running backwards, a ramp of wood will fall on him, keep running backwards a tower will fall over, then you will have the chance to grapple hook onto high part of a wood box, then the Chatchka will fall over the edge of a mountain took me a while but finally got it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Unregistered

Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

how do you shoot the dang grappling gun, Im at the first time you get to use it and i cant seem to fire it
Old 11-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
Unregistered

the first time u get the grapple gun stand on boxes facing ranger station an u gotta aim for the tree(almost to the top of it on left side),its hard to see but there is a light colored triangle u aim at in the tree.wen you put the crosshairs on the tree u will hear the grapple gun load..then u know ur in the right spot..the other places you use that gun in the game are alot more clear to see where your suppose to aim it..an you dont need to select the the grapple from your weapon cache.it arms it self automaticly wen ur suppose to use it.hopefully that helps someone..
Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 AM   #7
Unregistered

Talking Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Use Flare gun, start shooting at him with the slow motion focus while at the same time running backwards, a ramp of wood will fall on him, keep running backwards a tower will fall over, then you will have the chance to grapple hook onto high part of a wood box, then the Chatchka will fall over the edge of a mountain took me a while but finally got it.
soon as i looked at this i had a go n it worked wasnt hard at all thanks for the tip
Old 05-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Unregistered

First of all use your pistol run backwards n keep shooting when he jumps of the charts look up to your right to shoot your grapple gun good luck
Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #9
Unregistered

I can't seem to get out of the mines. I'm at a point where there is a set of stairs and an ammo container then I try to jump across the broken bridge and keep dieing. Can anyone help?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
I can't seem to get out of the mines. I'm at a point where there is a set of stairs and an ammo container then I try to jump across the broken bridge and keep dieing. Can anyone help?
I am having the same problem. The mine is so dark, I am just pushing buttons and moving along and hoping for the best. I thought it would be short but it seems to go on for ever. Is there any way to add some light?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
Unregistered

You need to go to the right and down to the tunnel door. There you jump up and climb to the left and jump until you get to a platform. There drop and walk to the far wall. I can't get anywhere from there though - too dark and just go around climbing walls and jumping about. I am at a loss as well
Old 03-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
Unregistered

Smile Re: Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
I am having the same problem. The mine is so dark, I am just pushing buttons and moving along and hoping for the best. I thought it would be short but it seems to go on for ever. Is there any way to add some light?
Adjust your TV backlight to maximum. Breeze after that.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Unregistered

Quote:
TV backlight to maximum, easy after that
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Go down to the end where the pile of boxes (or whatever that is past the bridge). Climb up on that, jump across to the cabinet looking thing then over to the other side.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Unregistered

When you're in the mines go up the stairs get the ammo can go back down the stairs and turn left go as far as you can and jump you will grab a ledge that lets you climb left jump to scaffolding and then drop to ground. If you're having trouble seeing in the mine switch your tv color settings to gaming it helps out.