About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends for Nintendo 3DS. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

How Do You Get A Better Lure?

I've Been Stuck On Pro Cup And I've Been To Every Shop/Boutique!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How Do You Get A Better Lure?

I've Been Stuck On Pro Cup And I've Been To Every Shop/Boutique!
me too!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Unregistered

i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I Wonder If It Appears After You Obtain 100 Owner Points, Because I'm On Pro Cup But Still Nothing!

I've Tried Disc Competitions To Earn Some Money As Well, But As Soon As I Get To Pro, I Just Can't Compete!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
RandomPerson101

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
I Wonder If It Appears After You Obtain 100 Owner Points, Because I'm On Pro Cup But Still Nothing!

I've Tried Disc Competitions To Earn Some Money As Well, But As Soon As I Get To Pro, I Just Can't Compete!
You obtain the next "evolved" lures and discs once you pass 900 Owner Points.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
look at your journal then go to the envelope, look in the top right corner and it should say spotpass encounters or something and then switch to trainer points. You get them mainly by entering competitions and getting new dogs. How many trainer points do you have, because I have no such luck as to find a better lure in the shop. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
look at your journal then go to the envelope, look in the top right corner and it should say spotpass encounters or something and then switch to trainer points. You get them mainly by entering competitions and getting new dogs. How many trainer points do you have, because I have no such luck as to find a better lure in the shop. Thanks.
thanks i have 1510 points. don't know what i had yesterday.
i didn't know you could actually loose trainer points:O guess i have to be careful.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
person..

Cool Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
yesh i got a pro lure it rocks >:U u has to have like over 2500 trainer points .u can views them from ur journal then click ur mii >:U hope dat helps!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
you can see the tp in the journal after you touch the envlope and to get them you have to walk ur dogs,play with them,ect ect. also,DONT GET A CAT! CAUSE THEY GIVE U NO TP AND THEIR A WASTE OF $$$!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
Unregistered

They give you loads of trainer points, especially when you buy them. And also if you've finished unlocking stuff what's the point in collecting trainer points. I love my cats and they, in a way, are quite therapeutic!

If your going to diss a huge section of the game, then get off of this forum...
There are loads of other sites that are made for complaining about the game and I'm sure people are able to make up their own mind about what they think of the cats =)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
First things first, how the trainer points work in this game, are very different to the original. You only are allowed to make 200 trainer points a day. But if you buy another dog, you are allowed 400 for the day you bought it. So if you buy a dog on monday (for example) then you will get 400 on that day. If you still have that dog on tuesday, then you only get 200 again.
Also to look at your gamer points, go into your journaal or diary, tap on the letter on the bottom right corner, then a the top right it will come up with your trainer points. Hope this has helped
Old 08-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #13
Unregistered

You can get way more than 200 trainer points a day!! If you put the effort in, you can get up to 700. If you play everyday then you can unlock stuff every other...

Does no one have name suggestions?!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
easy. trainer points are earnt by careing for your pets.here are some tips.
enter comps
play with toys
bathe
walks
If you don't be loveing to your pet you lose trainer points
negleting
yanking the leash
teaseing them

hope this helps
Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
me too!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!
I use the banana lure