About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for How to Train Your Dragon for Nintendo Wii and DS, Sony PS3 and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Last edited by Chi Kong Lui; 11-24-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

My son has two sick dragons that won't get better. He has all the ingredients needed for them to get better but nothing happens. Any ideas anyone?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I believe that happens after the mean kid lets the dragons out and then you have to go fight for them in the Wild Zone. You have to go to "Gobber" (the peg-leg guy) and get the ingredients he asks for to get the recipe to make them better. As soon as you accomplish that, they won't be sick any more.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Unregistered

I'm haveing trouble in the melee training session, number three. What the heck is that first symbol that you have to use? I have never seen it before, so I have no clue what to do!
Thanks for any help
Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm haveing trouble in the melee training session, number three. What the heck is that first symbol that you have to use? I have never seen it before, so I have no clue what to do!
Thanks for any help
That is a Dash symbol. You dash forward by tapping the movement joystick (on the smaller remote) toward the other dragon twice. Of note, you need to still be holding the joystick forward when you hit A (or Swing Down in Melee #5) for the full combo to work, so don't release it again after you get the dash.

P.S. Thanks for the tip on how to open the barrels. I kept expecting an A icon or something and couldn't figure it out.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #6
Unregistered

Thank you so much for the melee answer. I was so stuck
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for any help
Easy press twice foward and done is foward foward and then the button they say.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for any help
it is dash,so you move 2 times to one side.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
Unregistered

ok I beat the main part of the game for DS...

but I'm stuck on the Powerful Night fury that is one of the three dragons I was asked to annihilate

I tried using moves that cause a painful status on it; it uses a move that eliminates them

I tried using any moves that let ME move quicker than it; it puts my dragon to sleep and Speeds ITSELF up then thrashes my sleeping dragon

and the only moves that epically hurt the thing put me in a position where I can't attack for a bit and it beats me then too...

anyone have an idea what I could do? I tried using EVERY dragon species at least once...in the case of my Night fury; Monstrous Nightmare and Grapple Grounder as well as Deadly nadder I used those multiple times
Old 05-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #10
sean dvaguitar

Talking Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
I believe that happens after the mean kid lets the dragons out and then you have to go fight for them in the Wild Zone. You have to go to "Gobber" (the peg-leg guy) and get the ingredients he asks for to get the recipe to make them better. As soon as you accomplish that, they won't be sick any more.
thanks now my night furys better (yay!)
Old 08-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Hey, I really need help with this. I went throught the whole game and stuff and won all the battles and now i have no idea what to do. I trained my dragons enough and i have 4 of them. Is this the end of the game or what?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Unregistered

I just won the championship on the ps3 version What do I Do next?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
Unregistered

Question Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

What is the fastest way to level up the dragons?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Unregistered

Talking Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
What is the fastest way to level up the dragons?
I got my lvl 1 dragon up to lvl 10 in only a few minutes by playing the minigames on the beach in the wild zone. Any minigame will do but I did flying shepard that kinda worked.
Another way is to just go to the training place and do each one (melee and fire). Hope this helped
Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: How to Train Your Dragon Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

how do you unlock the locked dragons in arcade mode? My sister won't let us use the nightmare for teams (I think it scares her) so I need some differient dragons.