About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Grand Slam Tennis for Nintendo Wii. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Problem = Wii motion plus is too sensitive and doesnt always present the players "real" posistion to the racket.

Problem 2 = When preparing a swing (eg going from forehand shot to a backhand shot), the motion plus system thinks your swinging and you fumble your shot.

Solution = Play without wii motion plus. You'll realise the angles are still available and you'll enjoy more of the game.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Unregistered

explain to me why i was playing someone online...they had a very very fast serve, but when i returned it....clearly in....it just stopped and gave him the point? also a ball went clearly out by him and it was his point? are there possible mods/cheats for this game that people have created? i almost beat him...but his cheap cheat (haha) helped him on match point. i kinda figured out how to beat the cheat..i had to swing very early so it wouldnt call it a point...but it would just go out cuz i swung so early...it reeally realllly pissed me off and i tried to play him 4 times...and my rank points are at 65 now...and i was at 500 before (i had just started online but im still pretty good)
Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Unregistered

i am having the same issue when i play online the ball seems to stop or slow in mid air for the guy i play against just in time for him to hit it. what the hell is going on seriously are there really mod for this game that jsut came out? this is lame!!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Unregistered

Exact same thing is happening to me online! When I hit a shot that is clearly out of reach for my opponent, he seems to suddenly "appear" on the other side of the screen and gets it?!?! There has got to be a cheat for this game that allows this player to get to every (and I mean EVERY) shot!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Unregistered

Help, i cannot get any points against people who come to the net! I've tried lobbing them, but the opposition just smashes it back. Its so annoying!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
Greenaction

Thumbs down GST Online Cheaters

I found this board looking for some of the same answers as to why certain players in GST online are so ridiculously modified that it is impossible to win a single point against them. I finally had enough of the BS and shut down my Wii after it became unquestionable to me that my opponent was using cheats in just the first 2 points of the match. On the first point I served and then hit a drop shot that literally bounced 3 times..and then all of a sudden the ball just appeared out of no where behind me and landed in bounds. On the second point, my opponent hit his return directly into the net but then was able to hit it a second time and the ball again just appeared over my head and landed in bounds. Both points should have absolutely been mine, but were instead credited to my opponent. On several other occassions, I have driven opponents all the way to one side of the court only to see them miraculously appear out of no where on the opposite side of the court to return my cross court shot that should have been unreachable.

It is dissapointing to me that EA allows this to happen in the online mode. GST is such a fun game to play and I was really hoping that the online experience would be challenging and most importantly FAIR. The use of cheats or modifactions ruins the experience for those of us who want to win on our own merits - not on some illegal trick we learned to game the system. What is the fun in winning every single point, particularly the ones that you know really should have lost?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Unregistered

yeah i know say i hit the ball way away from him he just appears where the ball is and hits it
Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Unregistered

Talking **how to counter people who use the serve cheat**

So it seems like a lot of people are annoyed how some players are able to cheat on their serve and win every point automatically, regardless of whether your return is going in or out. Today I picked up on something which led to me discovering how to counter this spineless cheat.

While playing against someone from England I noticed that there were times when he would make a serve clearly in, but it would be called out. Based on this I guessed that when someone uses this cheat, if the serve is not returned the serve will be called a fault, regardless of where it lands. Turns out I was right!

Keep in mind this guy was using the serve cheat on literally every point of his serve, so I was confident that I could use this strategy and win the match in a tiebreaker. And sure enough, at 3-2 in the breaker, I purposely let his serve (created character with roddick's serve) go past me both times, and he double faulted. Although he picked up on this and stopped using the cheat, one mini-break was all I needed in the tiebreaker to win the match.

Hope this helps some of you out.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Unregistered

Re: **how to counter people who use the serve cheat**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So it seems like a lot of people are annoyed how some players are able to cheat on their serve and win every point automatically, regardless of whether your return is going in or out. Today I picked up on something which led to me discovering how to counter this spineless cheat.

While playing against someone from England I noticed that there were times when he would make a serve clearly in, but it would be called out. Based on this I guessed that when someone uses this cheat, if the serve is not returned the serve will be called a fault, regardless of where it lands. Turns out I was right!

Keep in mind this guy was using the serve cheat on literally every point of his serve, so I was confident that I could use this strategy and win the match in a tiebreaker. And sure enough, at 3-2 in the breaker, I purposely let his serve (created character with roddick's serve) go past me both times, and he double faulted. Although he picked up on this and stopped using the cheat, one mini-break was all I needed in the tiebreaker to win the match.

Hope this helps some of you out.
I definitely think you're onto something here. I just started playing online last week. Overall things have been pretty positive for me but I encountered one of these guys definitely cheating on the serve. I would return the serve clearly in and he would get the point. But other times I would be unable to return the serve because it was too good and the game would call it a fault. In retrospect I think you must be right that if you use the cheat and your opponent doesn't hit the ball that it gets called a fault. Even more satisfying to know now that I beat him in a tiebreaker!

On the flip side, I have found a few people that are quitting against me shortly after the game starts. I think many people must be mistakenly thinking that I am cheating due to lag issues or something else. It is too bad that cheaters are fouling things up for others. I did play a player named "koko" recently whose character looked like Venus Williams and she was unstoppable. I don't think any cheats were being used but she was hitting winners and aces like crazy! I'd like to know how she was doing it but I guess there is hope for truly mastering the game.

Glad I found this thread. Thanks for the info and advice!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Unregistered

I'm still having a lot of trouble with motion plus

sometimes it feels very like a real tennis swing where i can actually direct my shot... but often I take a big EaRLY backswing (reading the ball as a forehand, for example) and wii just perceives my early backswing as an early SWING and air swings at noting

it's pretty frustrating

I read the advice about holding the remote in front of me between every stroke but it seems to me it is discouraging a realistic follow through (especially on a big topspin shot) AND discouraging early preparation
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Unregistered

it happens all the time. i've been on both ends of the match where the "serve-point-glitch" happens. some players get so frustrated (me included) that they just forfeit the game. i wish EA would fix this glitch.... note, though, that i've won most of the matches inspite of the glitch. it can be done. good luck!

Quote:
explain to me why i was playing someone online...they had a very very fast serve, but when i returned it....clearly in....it just stopped and gave him the point? also a ball went clearly out by him and it was his point? are there possible mods/cheats for this game that people have created? i almost beat him...but his cheap cheat (haha) helped him on match point. i kinda figured out how to beat the cheat..i had to swing very early so it wouldnt call it a point...but it would just go out cuz i swung so early...it reeally realllly pissed me off and i tried to play him 4 times...and my rank points are at 65 now...and i was at 500 before (i had just started online but im still pretty good)
Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
Unregistered

Cool Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
it happens all the time. i've been on both ends of the match where the "serve-point-glitch" happens. some players get so frustrated (me included) that they just forfeit the game. i wish EA would fix this glitch.... note, though, that i've won most of the matches inspite of the glitch. it can be done. good luck!
I have also been on both ends of the serve-glitch. I feel bad both ways. When the serve glitch works in my favour, I slow down the serves but not to the point of "floaters", and this, simply to get the glitch out of the way and get the game going. I admit it is gratifying to win but terribly unsatisfying if it is going to be because of a software bug. I'm in it for the fun, and not for the pursuit of some imaginary tennis ranking that doesn't really mean a whit.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

While you all think you have very good internet connections you are all wrong. The fastest internet connections in the USA are around 100mbs in most asian and european countries they are running gigabit internet connections. They run 10 X's faster then us. There is where your problem lies you are responding way slower then they are !!! Stick to USA opponents.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Problem = Wii motion plus is too sensitive and doesnt always present the players "real" posistion to the racket.

Problem 2 = When preparing a swing (eg going from forehand shot to a backhand shot), the motion plus system thinks your swinging and you fumble your shot.

Solution = Play without wii motion plus. You'll realise the angles are still available and you'll enjoy more of the game.

100% I agree. I didnnt enjoy with motion plus. BUT without it..it was very nice to play.