About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS Wii

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for SimCity Creator (DS, Wii) here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Last edited by Chi Kong Lui; 09-20-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

what does it mean when the building are flashing?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

The flashing buildings mean that they aren't getting any electricity. Build a power plant or make sure you have power lines hooking it up to a developed area. The game tips say you can have a building up to three panels away from a power source or other powered buildings without having to build power lines.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Unregistered

Talking Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The flashing buildings mean that they aren't getting any electricity. Build a power plant or make sure you have power lines hooking it up to a developed area. The game tips say you can have a building up to three panels away from a power source or other powered buildings without having to build power lines.

Are you talking about DS or Wii? If you are talking about DS, that is not true. If buildings are flashing, that means it is under construction. If you realize it is taking an unusually long time to build something, investigate the construction site. There may be something holding it back from completion that you have to fix.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you talking about DS or Wii? If you are talking about DS, that is not true. If buildings are flashing, that means it is under construction. If you realize it is taking an unusually long time to build something, investigate the construction site. There may be something holding it back from completion that you have to fix.
umm both of youu are wrong haha it could be any thing wrong like no elec' or something. things under construction do not flash =)
allrighty then
Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
When the buildings are flashing, it means they're missing food or electricity
Old 10-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
Unregistered

Smile Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
it means something's wrong with it either it needs food or electricity
Old 12-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Unregistered

Can someone explain whether these are right or wrong about the post-global warming age?

1) You have to have the big tree.
2) You have to have more than 50,000 sims.
3) You DON'T have to have 100%.
4) Everything has to be high density.

Could someone tell me if they are right or not? Thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
Unregistered

^I mean getting to the post-global warming stage. Not the actual time period.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #10
Unregistered

Also, do you have to delete the Environmental Protection Centers (all the research centers)? Because they reduce pollution?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Unregistered

Smile Re: SimCity Creator Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy DS W

Quote:
They aren't (are not) operating.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
Jonathan_Tycoon

NOTICE: THIS IS A GUIDE FOR THE NDS VERSION OF SIMCITY CREATOR ONLY, THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE WII VERSION, AS THE WII VERSION IS WAAAAY DIFFERENT!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

OK, after playing this game for 6 dang years, I finally discovered the ultimate strategy. When you move on to the next age, destroy all of your industry. ALL OF IT. Even on the Open Asia and Euro Renaissance ages. To do this, when Mr. Maxis asks you to move on, hit no. Destroy all of your industry, and then move onto one of the 3 ages. Then, when you complete that age, hit no again, and lower your population to 5-10k by destroy all types of zones: but mainly INDUSTRY. The other thing is, when you start the game, keep starting a new game until you get to the one with the land hunting ground and two rivers connecting. Then, build an animal path directly one square left of the vertical road, so they are connecting. use the horizontal road and that new road to create a grid. When you beat that age, hit no, and bring your population up to 6k instead of 5k. This will take you to Mr. Maxis talking about a garbage dump. Put the darn thing down, this is VERY important if you want to get really high land values. And also, be sure to put all of the symbols of the ages in each corner, as this will be efficient and will look kinda cool. When you get to the global warming age, starting organizing, since you already have a grid down, its all good, just build rings (GOTTA GO FAST! betcha no one gets that joke) of large parks, which would go from one row (including random services here or there) Industry, Industry, Industry, Large Park, Residential, Residential, Residential, Commercial, Commercial, Commercial, Residential, Residential, Commercial, Commercial. Eventually your demands for commerce or industry will go down, so sometimes don't go all the way around, or just destroy existing commercial. Then, when you reach about 80-99%, just destroy every other park to keep pollution down and land values up, and build residential. Keep doing this until you reach the ring of parks near industry. Then destroy every other other (Does that make any sense?) park, build more residential. Eventually your population will increase by 500k (*gasp* ITS NOT AN APPROVAL RATING?!?!?!?) No, it actually isn't, your main goal is to increase your population by 500,000. 1%=5k population. To make this not as bad of a challenge, use the code MONEYBAGS (all in caps), which will fill your treasury to 9,999,999 (even works in dawn o' civilization). When you beat the Global Warming Age, you can thank me. But, I even know how to get INTO THE FUTURE.... But that's another story. If anyone knows how to get the library, airport, and zoo in asia development age and the 3x3 MD commercial buildings in European Industrial and American Prosperity age, please let me know. If I get 5 likes on this post, I will post the future guide today, or ASAP. If I don't well, that's tomorrow's project.

Happy Gaming,
Jonathan C. Tycoon.

PS: Seriously, I got this in 2008, 8/5/14 marks the 6th anniversary of my frustration!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Unregistered

how can i connect to other cities in free play mode to make deals? My news ticker says another city wants mine to take there garbage, but on the budget sheet there is no deal listed. Help Me Please
Old 12-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
how can i connect to other cities in free play mode to make deals? My news ticker says another city wants mine to take there garbage, but on the budget sheet there is no deal listed. Help Me Please
You can't make deals on sandbox/cheat mode.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
You have to drag a power line outside the city limits...and when you release it will ask you to connec to another city...say yes, you can do this with garbage andwater too...money is supposed to pour in, though I dont' know, i never tried it