About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-06-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Blue Dragon here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Last edited by Chi Kong Lui; 09-06-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Unregistered

Question Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Yeah I was wondering if anyone out there was having a hard time arounf the second disk and even more in the third disk of the game just freezing up on them. because I only get about an hour of play before it just freezes, and it happens more frequently when i'm in the airship. just curious if every one else was having the same issiue.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

on the first disk how do you defeat szabo??
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Unregistered

Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You probably got to fight him at a much weaker level. You should always train excessively when playin any rpg game. If its too late to train then follow what they say during battle, and attack his weak points. They will mention it during the fight.

P.S Disk three throws in some awesome specials for each dragon!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Unregistered

hi guys im having troubles i realli need help... i only have heal shina shine and cure paralysis for jiro... how to i put other spells onto the list such as zephyx regenerate and the rest.. i need these skills to get through easier thanks get bak me asap xxx
Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
hi guys im having troubles i realli need help... i only have heal shina shine and cure paralysis for jiro... how to i put other spells onto the list such as zephyx regenerate and the rest.. i need these skills to get through easier thanks get bak me asap xxx
if you have bought those spells than you need to level jiro's white magic more.. his white magic skills is probably to low....

if you don't have zephyr and stuff don't worry, you will be able to buy then from different places.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
Unregistered

yeh but im on zabo boss and its kinda hard with like no spells whats best way to take him out then u rekon mate? x
Old 02-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
have you built up all characters generalist skills ??, should give u 8 skill slots and 3 accessories slots, also build up support magic this should open up those skills for u like regen etc. remember spend time levelling up all characters i've put in about 120 hours of play and still not finished, they all hit over a 1000 a time but there's still achievments to be had.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #9
Bluedragonman
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 Bluedragonman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
It is pretty easy
When he uses summon attack szabo,not the guys he summon
Even if you defeat szabo,you will not have to verse the guys he summonded(if there are still any)
But be careful when he destroys the guys he summoned and takes their energy
hope this helps-
From blue dragon man
Bluedragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
Havyk

Cool Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Yeah I was wondering if anyone out there was having a hard time arounf the second disk and even more in the third disk of the game just freezing up on them. because I only get about an hour of play before it just freezes, and it happens more frequently when i'm in the airship. just curious if every one else was having the same issiue.
I actually had to return my game to the store I bought it from because of a similar problem. They told me that they've been getting a lot returned because of bad disks. You might see if it's dirty or scratched...if it seems fine, then you might have a bad disk and need to exchange it. Of course, I've been noticing my XBox just freezing in other games too, for no reason. Not sure what's up with that.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
Havyk

Cool Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Hey, so I played the ENTIRE GAME before I found this out...so I'm going to pass it along to anyone else who might find it interesting:

You know those Kelelon accessories? ...really powerful, right? ...but equipping them turns you into Kermit the Frog's gay nephew? Well, have a status-proof accessory on with it--something that would prevent you from getting turned into a Kelelon in the first place. Then, you can enjoy the awesome bennies of these accessories as your normal every-day self!

Oh, yeah! ...another thing I didn't know until the end of the game: As you level up your shadow in different classes, those classes become more powerful when you use them. It's perfectly fine to put on lower-leveled classes while you're just wandering around on the field...but if you're going to fight a boss, make sure you equip your highest level class before the fight (provided it's something other than Generalist, which is never really powerful anyway.)

Someone asked about the Szabo battle on disk 1...I don't remember the first battle, though none of them were very hard. I've learned as a general rule of thumb with this game: if you aren't making progress killing a boss, look for other ways. Sometimes you need to select one of their body parts, or you need to cast Reflect on one of your party to bounce black-magic spells off of. Sometimes you heal your enemies with magic...sometimes with physical. Some battles you're not even supposed to attack during. If you're still having problems defeating Szabo, take a step back and look at how you can approach it differently.

Blue Dragon's coooooool!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #12
Unregistered

I'm having a VERY VERY hard time with Heat-Wave Sai on the 1st disc, I started fighting him 4 days after i got it and its been over a month. Most everyones level 18, but Maru is 17 and Kluke is 19, i was wondering if i should make them all black mages or should i stay with thier original class. And if there is no solution, what should i do? Start over, any help would be great!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
Unregistered

Smile Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

[QHey Unregistered, the way to defeat Heat-Wave Sai on Disk 1 is to hit him with fire and shadow spells until he starts lobbing a bomb in the air, then target his bomb and use Flara or any other fire spell on his hand, Good Luck m8! :P
Old 06-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
#1fanBLUEDRAGON

Thumbs up Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

It may seem strange but the robots main weaknesses are flare. So if your stuck on Szabo or something, just use flare,flara or flarus.

Good luck
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #15
Unregistered

Talking hints on how to defeat heat wave sai

he is very hard to defeat i know that beacause it took me three hours to complete theb boss but although his name is heat-wave sai his weakness is flare/flarea but i think youll find shadowa might be a bit more powerfull hint:use fire spells on his bombs beacause his move throw bombs is very powerfull it could definetely knock out all of your characters except shu
hint 2: shadowa can do over 500 damage if kluke uses it