Thread: Dark Souls 2
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #54
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Dark Souls 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
I don't think the Dragonslayer is actually Ornstein, he uses some of the moves but clearly not all of them and he doesn't have quite the same affinity for lightning and fast movement. He is definitely old, judging by how sluggish he reacts compared to the Ornstein of olde. I reckon it's more a honorary title than anything else, since there are no dragons anymore, the last of the dragon slayers died or disappeared long time ago. .
I see now from the description of his soul, he was a tribute of sorts to a knight of legend.

Quote:
Something else I wonder... who it she lost sinner? And why is she fighting in a style which is resembling moves from Orstein? In Dark Souls 1 Sif fights in a similar manner as Artorias does, so does that mean that the lost sinner has a connection with the now long dead dragonslayer?
Bit of a reach
I just finished this fight (a nightmare until I started using the correct equipment, then easy). I tried about 10 times yesterday with Lucatiel, did it today alone on my third go.

Quote:
Having a look at the map, the Area Heide Towers stick out of the sea looks almost like someone just took a bite from the coastline
Nice map! If incomprehensible. I have one issue with the map geography so far, you'll know it when you see it.

I am going crazy at not having found an ember so far. Either there is a lot of game still to go, or they are keeping them for NG+

The boss weapons are a bit underwhelming. I got the Warped Sword and it is mostly interesting for its moveset. Might get better with upgrades.

I have about 10 weapons at +3, I am going crazy over here.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote