View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
gamevet

Re: Best Games of this Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou View Post
My only problem with Diablo III for the PC was that it was way too easy.

The game constantly rewards you with all sorts of new weapons and armor, but none of it matters since you could beat the game with your starting gear. I eventually stopped even looking at the loot the enemies dropped because it was clear I would never need any of it.

The new abilities were more fun to unlock because at least they provided some new ways to obliterate your enemies, but I never felt like I needed those either.

Everything else about the game (the artwork, story, the responsiveness of the gameplay) were all great. A single programmer could probably fix everything in a day by adding some harder difficulty levels. Multiply all damage dealt to the player by 4. The game is literally one line of code away from being good.
I'm not quite sure about the PS3 version, but I don't recall any settings to make the game more difficult. Once you've beaten the game, the option to play through at harder difficulties do become available.

There are moments where I do need all of the fancy perks for my armor and weapons, since I'm getting surrounded by countless enemies. Without those perks, my character would be getting its arse handed to it.

I'm on the last chapter of the campaign, so once I've finished the game, I plan on using the harder difficulties (it opens up additional krafting options) and doing a different class. Maybe then, will I take this game online.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote