View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #36
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Re: Best Games of this Generation

Gran Turismo 6 10 points - it's the game that GT5 should have been. The weather, the night races, the new simulation model, everything is wonderful in what I think is the reference point for future console racing games and simulations. I don't know any other racing game that has the same breadth of experiences, from kart racing on neon-lit kart tracks to racing with muscle cars to GT and endurance races to driving on the moon. Nothing else comes close and I admire the level of detail in the premium cars, down to the fully working dashboards, knobs and warning lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou View Post
My only problem with Diablo III for the PC was that it was way too easy.
That was one of the main problems I think. For experienced players, i.e. someone who can operate mouse and keyboard better than a 3-year old, there was no challenge on 'normal' difficulty. Clicking on enemies made them dead, no strategy or thinking involved. A game as inspiring as cowclicker. It needed 50 or so levels until the game got to a point where I had to start thinking about my gear. What broke the camels back in my case was the straw of level restrictions for the higher difficulties. I finished the game on the second to highest (forgot how it's called) and couldn't advance to the next difficulty because I was 3 levels too low to start. WTF? How can that even happen in a game that is otherwise streamlined into oblivion? The gameplay was so uninspiring that I didn't feel like grinding those 3 levels to get further, I just stopped there and never switched on again. There are plenty of other good games out there.