View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou
Re: Best Games of 2013

Longest Played
Skyrim, for the third year in a row. I just hit the three hundred hour mark a few weeks ago, and there's still no end in sight.

Favorite Character
Vilja, from a Skyrim mod. I love ambitious fan projects, and Vilja is one of the coolest I've seen. Someone spent years creating a new companion for Skyrim with over 5000 lines of context appropriate dialog, her own storylines and quests, and surprising new AI features.

Most Fun To Watch
StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. I tried again this year, but I don't think I'll ever be good enough at this game to pull off the strategies that are in my head. It's still a lot of fun watching other people innovate though.

Best Enemy
Thin Men from XCOM: Enemy Within. Just the way they move around the map is so creepy and perfect. And if you play the game on impossible, those thin men become an enemy worth being scared of. When you see a Thin Man, you know someone is about to die.

Most time spent on character creation screens
XCOM: Enemy Within, to make every single loss that much more painful.

The Internet is Wrong Award
Bioshock Infinite. The amount of praise this game got when it was released really worried me. It seems like fervor has died down though.

My 2013 Game of the Year
Gone Home. This is perhaps the first game I've ever played where I can't think of a single thing I would change about it, and nothing I would want to add. It only lasts three hours, it tells a relatively simple story, and it doesn't have much in the way of gameplay... but what it does it does perfectly.

Last edited by Zanbatou; 12-20-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote